Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: OT: Fav all time Baltimore radio sports talk show hosts

Quote Originally Posted by John Morris View Post
    I'm thinking you mean 1979 not 1970. Flanagan and Tippy were not on the '70 Orioles.
    Fat fingers strike! Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post
    Chuck Thompson & Bill O' Donnell....
    I loved that team! I also loved Chuck and Brooks on TV, they always made me feel I was amongst friends. Just genuinely great at their jobs and great people.

OT: Fav all time Baltimore radio sports talk show hosts

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Have question for you guys

I dont live in the area and usually listen to Outkick the Coverage and sometimes Coherd, but i would love to have a ravens based radio show to listen to. Any recommendations and where can i listen to them?
    I go to podcasts for my Ravens content. Great ones from our own RSR family: Cole Jackson and Michael Crawford have “Two Guys Watching Football.” TL just launched one called “The Front Office.” And Ken McCusick’s “Filmstudy” is the classic.

The Ravens own podcast is sometimes good too. Filmstudy has been on it, and they will often get players as guests.
    Last edited by HotInHere; 07-21-2021 at 08:34 AM.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    I loved that team! I also loved Chuck and Brooks on TV, they always made me feel I was amongst friends. Just genuinely great at their jobs and great people.
    Brooks always called Chuck Charlie. He also was known to bungle names. I can't remember who it was but there was a player whose name he would get right like one out of ten times so you knew he knew how to correctly say it but then he would revert back to the wrong pronunciation.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I go to podcasts for my Ravens content. Great ones from our own RSR family: Cole Jackson and Michael Crawford have “Two Guys Watching Football.” TL just launched one called “The Front Office.” And Ken McCusick’s “Filmstudy” is the classic.

The Ravens own podcast is sometimes good too. Filmstudy has been on it, and they will often get players as guests.
    Love the Filmstudy podcast. Ken is a gift to us Ravens fans. The amount of work he puts in breaking games and individual performances down I can't even imagine. But I'm grateful and thankful for it.

Quote Originally Posted by KbubbaK View Post
    Yeah, they lost to the "We are Family" Pirates (I hate that song to this very day!!). …
    I also went through years of PTSD with that song. What cured me was watching “The Birdcage.” Now when I hear it, I only think of Gene Hackman in a dress.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post

Been meaning to give Cole's pod a listen, keep Forgetting. I'll knock it out this week

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Will never forget during Colt games (maybe Orioles also) Tom Davis doing the traffic report at Memorial stadium. "Heavy traffic from Loch Raven Blvd down to the Alemeda" some things just stick with you!!

Quote Originally Posted by ravenfever View Post
    Will never forget during Colt games (maybe Orioles also) Tom Davis doing the traffic report at Memorial stadium. "Heavy traffic from Loch Raven Blvd down to the Alemeda" some things just stick with you!!
    Was Tom Davis even around when the Colts were here?

Was Tom Davis even around when the Colts were here?
    Yes he was, unfortunately this was the only thing I could find where it has Tom Davis reporting on a Colt game. He did traffic, pre-game & post game commentary on WCBM for the Baltimore Colts.

https://youtu.be/WrmYnXIMG4g

Brooks always called Chuck Charlie. He also was known to bungle names. I can't remember who it was but there was a player whose name he would get right like one out of ten times so you knew he knew how to correctly say it but then he would revert back to the wrong pronunciation.
    That player was Juan Beniquez. Or BENNY-kez. Or Ben-EH-kwez. Like ravenfever said... some things just stick with you.

God I love Brooksie.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by ravenfever View Post
    Yes he was, unfortunately this was the only thing I could find where it has Tom Davis reporting on a Colt game. He did traffic, pre-game & post game commentary on WCBM for the Baltimore Colts.

https://youtu.be/WrmYnXIMG4g
    The downside open door on the plane are at the seats that my ex and I had been sitting in for the game. At the time of the crash we were going to our Colts Corral bus for the ride back home.