Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Trade bait?

Re: Trade bait?

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    Maybe a little hyperbole. But Averett has markedly more value than Kenny Young and a 4th is sweeter than a 5th. WNC has a point, too - Peters is a helluva player. At a key position.
    Yeah but…. Quentin Nelson is a top 5 player at any position. Peter’s was a malcontent top 25-50 ish CB when we traded for him.

It’s also sort of like using the Laremy Tunsil and or DeAndre Hopkins deals as useful data points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Yeah but…. Quentin Nelson is a top 5 player at any position. Peter’s was a malcontent top 25-50 ish CB when we traded for him.

It’s also sort of like using the Laremy Tunsil and or DeAndre Hopkins deals as useful data points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I used Nelson as an, admittedly extreme, example to suggest how high the bar would have to be for me to trade Averett. I am not interested in trading Averett unless we can get a guy who can help us more in 2021 and beyond, than Averett probably could. Not gonna happen.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Playing armchair psychiatrist, I can't see the Ravens trading away a young CB they think can play.

Bad CB play led to one of the most embarrassing losses in franchise history: the SNF game against the Colts. That game helped get their head coach fired.

Bad CB play led to two blown 14 point leads in the AFC Divisional Round playoff loss to the Patriots. The last-best opportunity of the Flacco era, squandered.

Armchair psychiatrist tells me that this organization is psychologically scarred by those losses and their aftermaths.

That aside, it's still early. Teams still don't know what they have...except optimism...the optimistic hope that one of their rookies busts out. Until reality pricks that fantasy, I doubt anything happens.
    Last edited by Forgettable1; 07-17-2021 at 08:39 AM.

If nobody can talk about anyone but Averett, this thread should die.

One of those ugly, painful deaths.

Hey, we gonna get a 7th for Bredekin, or Boydeson?
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

I would rather just hold on to a player that could be a savior if someone goes down than get a late round flyer pick, especially with the way the OL went last year
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart