Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: OT: Sunspot: Whom do you miss?

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    LOL Cap'n, you "mix it up" with everyone ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Was StingeNLG a mod? I remember mixing it up with him a bit.
    Yes he was at one time.
    Can't remember what happened but something pissed him off so he took his ball and went home.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Yes he was at one time.
    Can't remember what happened but something pissed him off so he took his ball and went home.
    Okay, then I do remember right. He was an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    He was an asshole.
    I've been called that a few times here - its doesn't faze me: 21-22 years here with Greg, his dog, fanatic, wxkevin, camdenyard, etc. and still counting!

I notice that no one has nominated Trap (R.I.P.) No surprise.

I was thinking of adding Ravenous52, especially for his "Heroes & Goats" weekly, but I am confident that he'.l return by September.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I've been called that a few times here - its doesn't faze me: 21-22 years here with Greg, his dog, fanatic, wxkevin, camdenyard, etc. and still counting!

I was thinking of adding Ravenous52, especially for his "Heroes & Goats" weekly, but I am confident that he'.l return by September.
    Mods here are great. Even when I have gotten shit for something I wrote. Stinger was always looking for a reason to zap someone.

Blog Entries

Not a Sunspot guy (or maybe he was) but who was the guy who used to do the game threads here? He would post like every snap for each drive with the results of the play through the entire game. I thought there used to be an archive of old game threads but looks like it might have been nuked from the board.

edit: I went back and looked and I think it was Sephy.
    Last edited by Bhcforlife; 07-07-2021 at 03:35 PM.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Popped on this site for my periodic lurk and saw this thread and had to post. The Sunspot days sucked at the time, but looking back they were the greatest. It was a daily us-against-the-world barrage of Brownies preaching to us how the football gods would ensure the Ravens would suck for all eternity, Al Lerner's money was going to turn the new Browns into an NFL dynasty, and Tim Couch was headed to Canton. Then you had fans of the Native American Slurs piling on for good measure. It was so satisfying to see that all blow up in their faces.

I remember EyeDawg, the Brownie from Colorado who tried to preach about what horrible human beings we were for rooting for the Ravens while being a fan of the Colorado Avalanche, who had just been taken from Quebec.

The good news is most of the Sunspot posters I remember fondly are still bouncing around this place.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post

Trap passed? Losing him and Crowdog kind of hurts, though I never met either of 'em.

Someone find Bruise and give him a hug from me.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I don't believe anybody doxxed him, but we did make him lose his shit after spending an entire night spamming his personal board.

And when I wrote the song about him making his Russian child-bride poop on a cake in the back of his mustang...

DaBruise and Crowdog were great posters.
    It's so long ago I may have him confused with someoneone else. I thought he was the one who would do wildly inappropriate posts then someone found out where he worked (which was for the city) told his boss about his posts and got him fired which caused him to quit OBR.

In any case he was a character. The really good posters were kind of boring and noone remembers them mostly but I'll mention another name GKB she was very good

Blog Entries

I remember some really knowledgeable Steelers fans on that site. They never trolled and it was good to talk football with a rival. Can’t think of the names this moment but it will come. One used a fishing term as a handle.

I have a Steelers fan in my office the same way. He pisses me off with his worship of Hines Ward but he also feels that Ed Reed was better than Troy. It’s good to talk football with him.

I was at the Sunspot meet up at the stadium during halftime of the Ravens/Eagles game in November of 2008. Here is a brief video from that day.

https://youtu.be/1ULQatr6CiQ

And here is a photo of all of us:

IMG_3969.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    It's so long ago I may have him confused with someoneone else. I thought he was the one who would do wildly inappropriate posts then someone found out where he worked (which was for the city) told his boss about his posts and got him fired which caused him to quit OBR.

In any case he was a character. The really good posters were kind of boring and noone remembers them mostly but I'll mention another name GKB she was very good
    GKB is still here.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012