Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: OT: Sunspot: Whom do you miss?

Quote Originally Posted by mdduckman View Post
    I just found out that he passed away 3 years ago. :(

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries...?pid=189750353

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sorry to hear that. He always did post that he was fighting cancer and ex-wives. RIP Sean, obviously you are not forgotten by the Ravens fans.

Holy shit. 58. My current age. That is incredibly sad. He was a born entertainer. RIP SDS. I noted the comment on his obit page, "He was a funny, witty, mischievous scoundrel." Yeah. That sounds right.
    "That's what."
    — She

Wow. Sorry to hear about SDS. I had no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by mdduckman View Post
    I just found out that he passed away 3 years ago. :(

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries...?pid=189750353

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I'm not surprised. The last time that we talked, he told me that he was in the battle, but I sensed that he might be losing. My wife has been a three-time survivor (last bout was 10 years ago); I had a lot of valuable info to pass onto him from her.

R.I.P. Sean
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    loba, where've you been hiding? Missing your sophisticated repartee and witticisms.
    CHIP mostly (Cowering Helplessly In Place), since I'm right in the viral crosshairs - get out once every 10-14 days for provisions and the Greater Dundalk Outlet Run (Big Lots, ALDI's, Ollie's, DJ Liquidators, Save-a-Lot, Dollar Tree.) You'd think the enforced isolation would render one eager to reach out, but if anything I've become even more of a hermit. Not taking much interest in spectator sports of any stripe. Not even lurking here for the most part.

C'mon back in, the H2O is fine... Bc
    So you say. I suspect if I plumped for a genetic screen I'd discover that the Wicked Witch of the West was one of my ancestors...

I guess I should take up my old position in the BS Bombardment Batallion of theVerbose Artillery of RSR,"adding dignity to what would otherwise be an ugly brawl." (as Frederick the Great put it)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    CHIP mostly (Cowering Helplessly In Place), since I'm right in the viral crosshairs - get out once every 10-14 days for provisions and the Greater Dundalk Outlet Run (Big Lots, ALDI's, Ollie's, DJ Liquidators, Save-a-Lot, Dollar Tree.) You'd think the enforced isolation would render one eager to reach out, but if anything I've become even more of a hermit. Not taking much interest in spectator sports of any stripe. Not even lurking here for the most part.

So you say. I suspect if I plumped for a genetic screen I'd discover that the Wicked Witch of the West was one of my ancestors...

I guess I should take up my old position in the BS Bombardment Batallion of theVerbose Artillery of RSR,"adding dignity to what would otherwise be an ugly brawl." (as Frederick the Great put it)
    I hardly understand a word loba writes, and I'm luvin' it! OK, so I have to have the Oxford English dictionary, Roget's Thesaurus (which I once thought was an extinct dinosaur), and the Encyclopedia Britannica close at hand. That doesn't take away from his sophisticated, worldly, refined wit... Bc

Blog Entries

I hardly understand a word loba writes, and I'm luvin' it! OK, so I have to have the Oxford English dictionary, Roget's Thesaurus (which I once thought was an extinct dinosaur), and the Encyclopedia Britannica close at hand. That doesn't take away from his sophisticated, worldly, refined wit... Bc
    Just FYI, Bc, the National Lampoon decades ago published a sendup of Tolkien titled Bored Of The Rings, in which at one point, IIRC, there rose up behind the questing zeroes (no place for heroes therein) a forty-foot tall corduroy monster with broad lapels, which roared Maim, Mangle, Mutilate - See 'Harm'! It was, of course - among many truly atrocious puns - the Thesaurus. (And "Bored Of The Rings" is a fair summation of my reaction every time I tried to read Tolkien and closed the tome after a few lame pages. I'm a science-fiction guy; medievalesque fantasy is, IMHO, BS.)

FWIW I am suffering with the effects of Wide COVID - the frackin' virus took away my regular preferred form of exercise (dancing) and I hate to work out alone, so I have gotten fat(ter) and now that the dance halls are starting to reopen (tentatively, and likely temporarily, until Delta dawns in all its gory) I am hors de combat with a herniated disc. (Howcum it's never a himniated disc? Youth wants to know, and old age is mildly curious as well.)

Carrion, my wayward sun... And the rest of you: Do yourself a favor while you're doing something to help the people around you - Get the Jab(s) if you haven't already.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: OT: Sunspot: Whom do you miss?

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Just FYI, Bc, the National Lampoon decades ago published a sendup of Tolkien titled Bored Of The Rings, in which at one point, IIRC, there rose up behind the questing zeroes (no place for heroes therein) a forty-foot tall corduroy monster with broad lapels, which roared Maim, Mangle, Mutilate - See 'Harm'! It was, of course - among many truly atrocious puns - the Thesaurus. (And "Bored Of The Rings" is a fair summation of my reaction every time I tried to read Tolkien and closed the tome after a few lame pages. I'm a science-fiction guy; medievalesque fantasy is, IMHO, BS.)

FWIW I am suffering with the effects of Wide COVID - the frackin' virus took away my regular preferred form of exercise (dancing) and I hate to work out alone, so I have gotten fat(ter) and now that the dance halls are starting to reopen (tentatively, and likely temporarily, until Delta dawns in all its gory) I am hors de combat with a herniated disc. (Howcum it's never a himniated disc? Youth wants to know, and old age is mildly curious as well.)

Carrion, my wayward sun... And the rest of you: Do yourself a favor while you're doing something to help the people around you - Get the Jab(s) if you haven't already.
    Way too much to comment on, except In another era, I could see you conversing with Noel Coward. Some think my puns are atrocious, I say they're being pun-ished. Anyway, the wife and I got our two Moderna shots back in Jan. & Feb.
    While I hope your disc problem gets cured, it hasn't affected your talented fingers

... Bc

Blog Entries

Way too much to comment on, except In another era, I could see you conversing with Noel Coward. Some think my puns are atrocious, I say they're being pun-ished. Anyway, the wife and I got our two Moderna shots back in Jan. & Feb.
    While I hope your disc problem gets cured, it hasn't affected your talented fingers

... Bc
    Someone tell Loba to go go see this guy: https://www.umms.org/find-a-doctor/p...107677?si=ummc

He saved my life with my spine issues. Greatest thing I ever did for my health was this surgeon.

Loba can't see my posts as I am in the Ingoritorium.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Someone tell Loba to go go see this guy: https://www.umms.org/find-a-doctor/p...107677?si=ummc

He saved my life with my spine issues. Greatest thing I ever did for my health was this surgeon.

I've done it, Cap'n. Quite decent of you, old man... Bc

Blog Entries

I've done it, Cap'n. Quite decent of you, old man... Bc
    Thanks, we had a disagreement over mask & Covid. Not the only people who got divided over the bullshit. But I did get vaccinated!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I see you still can't spell to save your life...

Pewter, I freed you from Loba's Ignoratory on your own incognitozance a coupla days ago. I figured if you still believed you'd had the virus back in 2019, then The Long And The Short Of COVID would be punishment enough. Think of it as a "pulmonary indulgence."

In any case my irritating flowing-saucer-shaped spine cushion is a ways away from surgical intervention - I will know more when I visit the musculo-skeletal docs on Tuesday, but I would be surprised (and more than a little Leary**) if the first recommendation isn't physical therapy/exercise/manipulation. Never want to cut before clearly indicated***. Not even teenytiny incision. Especially when a muffled "oops!" might imply the rest of my life in a wheelchair...

Anyhow, thanky kindly for the rec - I will look into your guy and my insurance coverage...

** "Timothy Leary's dead? No, no, he's outside, looking in..."
    *** Unless you are a surgeon who gets paid by the slice. They're all barely repressed sadists, right?
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!