Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Re: OT: Sunspot: Whom do you miss?

The new Maiden video is sick! I like how they sneaked in so many easter eggs from previous albums. Can't wait for their new album. Dream Theater dropping a new one in October as well.

My memories of SS:

Adam Meister - Adam Meister starting trolling early as a teenager on the ESPNZone chat rooms from the mid 90's, if anyone actually remembers those. Meister was such a dick. He tried to make people on ESPN chat believe that he was Peter Schmuck. I was posting on ESPN a lot back in those days and caught on right away and I ratted him out to everyone who was falling for it. Instead of admitting he was a fraud, he went and made up a fake email address, like "pschmuck@yahoo" or something like that in a last gasp attempt to make people believe he was legit.

SanDiegoSean - LOL! Guy drove a new Jaguar, had a beach house in La Jolla, allegedly a wealthy executive. Also acted like he had connections in the front office. Oddly enough he just disappeared from the boards 10+ years ago. I think he did show up at a meetup one time? Maybe someone recalls meeting him.

TravisMoon - guy was so weird. He was allegedly a huge O's fan but had zero ties to this area. I honestly think he stole the idea from watching Seinfeld and decided to run with it as his own schtick. I remember one really funny incident when I was in San Antonio on business and Travis was doing his show one afternoon "live" outside one of those HEB stores. I stopped by and stood off to the side and heckled him for a couple minutes using terms like "Fakey fan!". It was a riot. People were looking at me like I was on drugs, not having a clue what I was referencing. I posted here about how funny it was, and he came on and responded that it never happened. I think it really embarrassed him that someone from Sunspot showed up on his turf 1500 miles away to call him out in public. Then he came on here after SS folded and tried to act like a Ravens fan. I think we ran him off after a couple weeks.

And then there was the Skins fan whose handle escapes me who was always talking about all these gourmet meals that they were eating while fat Ravens fans were busy eating Pollock Johnnie's and other greasy foods. Anyone remember who that was?

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    And then there was the Skins fan whose handle escapes me who was always talking about all these gourmet meals that they were eating while fat Ravens fans were busy eating Pollock Johnnie's and other greasy foods. Anyone remember who that was?
    Kenskin, who others have mentioned. But that is definitely Kenskin.

SanDiegoSean - LOL! Guy drove a new Jaguar, had a beach house in La Jolla, allegedly a wealthy executive. Also acted like he had connections in the front office. Oddly enough he just disappeared from the boards 10+ years ago. I think he did show up at a meetup one time? Maybe someone recalls meeting him.
    I don't recall meeting him, or maybe I did. I've met many from the message boards over 20+ years. I seem to recall meeting him + BaltimoreRon one pregame, but fuzzy

However, I do clearly recall helping him out via phone with game tickets, tailgating, and/or road trip planning about 12-15 or so years ago.

Also: IIRC, he had morphed from IndySean to SanDiegoSean late 90's or early 00's
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Kenskin, who others have mentioned. But that is definitely Kenskin.
    Ha, Kenskin and Hank, two big-mouthed opposing fans whose teams NEVER backed up their bravado! But to their credit, they stuck with those worthless franchises through thin and thinner!

Is the Ravens Scout board still active? I haven’t been able to get on it in years.

Quote Originally Posted by BMann View Post
    Ha, Kenskin and Hank, two big-mouthed opposing fans whose teams NEVER backed up their bravado! But to their credit, they stuck with those worthless franchises through thin and thinner!

Is the Ravens Scout board still active? I haven’t been able to get on it in years.
    No, the forum has been gone for 2 years, or so.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by BMann View Post

It's dead now, the various owners over the years ruined it and there were other issues I won't bring up. Basically the software was terrible and the quality of posts declined over the years.

I attended one meet-up at a home game and recall someone posted a pic of all of us in the concourse at halftime, but I don't recall him being there. I always thought of him as a fictional character.
    "That's what."
    — She

Blog Entries

Hey Crow-Magnons, howzit hanging? Anyone still struggling with the Continuing Unpleasantness? Other than #8, I mean...

Does anyone but me remember a Brit who was on Sunspot for the SB35 run, handle of CockneyRaven? Real name Sean IIRC. Also IIRC, his mother had remarried a prof at UMCP but he gravitated back to Blighty. I met him down near 'Naplis one year when he came over to visit, and then in I think 2002 I was in London and took a commuter train out to the 'burb where he was pulling pints in a pub & we hung out till last train back. It was right about then they had their first kid. Hail fellow well met, wish him well wherever he may be.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I attended one meet-up at a home game and recall someone posted a pic of all of us in the concourse at halftime, but I don't recall him being there. I always thought of him as a fictional character.
    I just found out that he passed away 3 years ago. :(

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries...?pid=189750353

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blog Entries

Smile Re: OT: Sunspot: Whom do you miss?

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Hey Crow-Magnons, howzit hanging? Anyone still struggling with the Continuing Unpleasantness? Other than #8, I mean...

Does anyone but me remember a Brit who was on Sunspot for the SB35 run, handle of CockneyRaven? Real name Sean IIRC. Also IIRC, his mother had remarried a prof at UMCP but he gravitated back to Blighty. I met him down near 'Naplis one year when he came over to visit, and then in I think 2002 I was in London and took a commuter train out to the 'burb where he was pulling pints in a pub & we hung out till last train back. It was right about then they had their first kid. Hail fellow well met, wish him well wherever he may be.
    loba, where've you been hiding? Missing your sophisticated repartee and witticisms.

C'mon back in, the H2O is fine... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mdduckman View Post
    I just found out that he passed away 3 years ago. :(

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries...?pid=189750353

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Man that sucks, Rest In Peace.