Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Friends in Low Places

Just spotted an email about Garth Brooks playing at the Bank on October 2nd. And as expected, no presale code or any other perks for Ravens PSL holders.

I always remember during the PSL push in the mid 90's where they kept telling us that we would OWN our seats if we bought PSL's and that we'd have the rights to our seats for events other than NFL games. Then when the first event came around (Army-Navy, I think) we found out what a joke that was.

Anyway... Anyone going to see "Barf Brooks" as my mom calls him?

Blog Entries

Re: Friends in Low Places

Saw that yesterday and that it is on a Saturday Night. Checked the schedule and Ravens play at Denver the next day... no interest here.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I may get roped into going. Not a country fan, but I took my mom, wife, stepdaughter and sister a while back, and I will have to say he puts on a great show.

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    I may get roped into going. Not a country fan, but I took my mom, wife, stepdaughter and sister a while back, and I will have to say he puts on a great show.
    I'm afraid the same thing may happen to me. I am a country fan but not a Garth fan. I'm keeping nice a quiet on this in hopes my SO doesn't mention. Who knows maybe we'll meet you up there.

I wish Kenny Chesney would come back to M&T. Still kicking myself for missing him last time.

Blog Entries

Modern country is horrendous but I can get down with the classic country, and I grew up listening to Garth so....maybe. I'd have to see what the tix cost. I'd go to almost any live music show if the price is right.

Speaking of PSL perks I'm pretty sure as PSL holders we were given the "privilege" to buy a parking pass to the Metallica show at M&T a few years ago ahead of everyone else, not that they were gonna sell out of parking passes...lol.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

My favorite "concert at the Bank" story was when they still used to have the WHFestival there and Jewel Kilchner was up on stage and someone threw one of those giant honking frisbees on a rope and apparently it was like a cruise missle long shot that drifted across the infield and made a b line straight for her head.

"Dreams last so long
    Even after you're gone..
    you were meant for me and I was meant for.." DONK!!!!!

She was PISSED!!! and apparently stormed off the stage.
    Omg I would pay to have seen that.

I seem to recall hearing that Garth Brooks is a great concert. Just one of those guys that is very entertaining live. In other words you don't have to have him in you MP3 player to enjoy his show. Must have that Neil Diamond/Wayne Newton gene in him or something. Country is not something programmed on my car radio but I could see going to his show and possibly having a good time.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 07-15-2021 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    My favorite "concert at the Bank" story was when they still used to have the WHFestival there and Jewel Kilchner was up on stage and someone threw one of those giant honking frisbees on a rope and apparently it was like a cruise missle long shot that drifted across the infield and made a b line straight for her head.

"Dreams last so long
    Even after you're gone..
    you were meant for me and I was meant for.." DONK!!!!!

She was PISSED!!! and apparently stormed off the stage.
    Omg I would pay to have seen that.

I seem to recall hearing that Garth Brooks is a great concert. Just one of those guys that is very entertaining live. In other words you don't have to have him in you MP3 player to enjoy his show. Must have that Neil Diamond/Wayne Newton gene in him or something. Country is not something programmed on my car radio but I could see going to his show and possibly having a good time.
    Is this it?

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePill View Post
    Is this it?

Ha ha ha! That has to be it. I'm disappointed it didn't hit her in the head but... THANKS FOR SHARING!!!

I remember hearing Kirk on Kirk, Mark and Lopez retelling this story and I guess my embellishment was based on his retelling which was hilarious.

I'm guessing it would have been funnier if you could pan back, be in the crowd and see the trajectory of that frisbee as it made it's way towards her ... BOINK!!! /Set.

I'm afraid the same thing may happen to me. I am a country fan but not a Garth fan. I'm keeping nice a quiet on this in hopes my SO doesn't mention. Who knows maybe we'll meet you up there.

I wish Kenny Chesney would come back to M&T. Still kicking myself for missing him last time.
    I'll keep quiet for a fee.

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    I'll keep quiet for a fee.
    We need to work together on this or we BOTH may wind up going

Sent from my Galaxy S20 using Tapatalk

We need to work together on this or we BOTH may wind up going

Sent from my Galaxy S20 using Tapatalk
    LOL. I'm probably already screwed, and my wife doesn't even know about it yet.

12. Re: Friends in Low Places

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Modern country is horrendous but I can get down with the classic country, and I grew up listening to Garth so....maybe. I'd have to see what the tix cost. I'd go to almost any live music show if the price is right.

Speaking of PSL perks I'm pretty sure as PSL holders we were given the "privilege" to buy a parking pass to the Metallica show at M&T a few years ago ahead of everyone else, not that they were gonna sell out of parking passes...lol.
    When you say classic country are you thinking in terms of Conway Twitty, Tammy Wynette, Buck Owens?