Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: What’s your thoughts on the Steelers this year?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenfever View Post
    2007 is the only year they were highly touted and laid an egg (5-11).
    2005 pretty much sucked too.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

It's really hard to handicap the AFCN. I think on paper, the Ravens and Browns should fight it out for the division crown. But the last time the Browns made the playoffs and everyone thought they were turning the corner, they went right back to being the Browns for a 15+ years. Time will tell.

The Steelers are due for a losing season as they haven't had one yet under Tomlin. I'm calling it. Steelers finish 8-9 and miss the playoffs.

3. Re: What’s your thoughts on the Steelers this year?

I really hope we sign Houston. I'm just feeling iffy about not doing it and going into the season with what we have. Steelers wanted Houston too, but went with Ingram at 1 year 4 mil. I'm guessing Houston wants more, or just didn't see the Steelers having a good season.

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    I really hope we sign Houston. I'm just feeling iffy about not doing it and going into the season with what we have. Steelers wanted Houston too, but went with Ingram at 1 year 4 mil. I'm guessing Houston wants more, or just didn't see the Steelers having a good season.
    All signs these days point to, "ain't happening".

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    I've often wondered if other teams say this about the Ravens? Because our fans sure as hell don't lol. Feels like every year half this board needs to be convinced we won't go 4-12 (4-13 now I guess). I almost never see those folks saying things like..."never count the Ravens out"....or "the Ravens are a threat every year"
    I don't know. We'd have to go back and look at the season prediction threads, but I feel like most years the board average is above what the national pundits or Vegas are calling for. Right now, the O/U is 11 for us from Vegas this season. Most fans I've seen so far are predicting 11 or 12. There are always the outliers (the Lamar can't throw crew, etc) but even most of those people whine about us losing in the playoffs.

Or maybe I just already have the people who think the Ravens are crap on "ignore." Anybody out there think the Ravens are winning less than 10 games this year?
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I don't know. We'd have to go back and look at the season prediction threads, but I feel like most years the board average is above what the national pundits or Vegas are calling for. Right now, the O/U is 11 for us from Vegas this season. Most fans I've seen so far are predicting 11 or 12. There are always the outliers (the Lamar can't throw crew, etc) but even most of those people whine about us losing in the playoffs.

Or maybe I just already have the people who think the Ravens are crap on "ignore." Anybody out there think the Ravens are winning less than 10 games this year?
    I guess you're right...it just always seems like there is a contingent throughout the season that chalk every win up to luck, or the opponent sucking and then spouting that the Ravens aren't going to be able to beat the "better teams". I'm always put off by it because the Ravens ARE one of the "better teams". Almost always have been, even during the years or stretches were they underperform. They have never been an easy out or a "bye week" team. I'm probably overly sensitive to it, but it chaps my ass that there are Ravens "fans" that spew that bullshit, but there is almost always a contingent of fans that never count the Steelers out. Might not be the same group, but the combined comments of the 2 always sets me off, lol.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    HI fbf, I hope we will see you posting here throughout the 2021 season.
    I can see that things don't look too good for the Steelers, but here's my initial post in this thread :
    "I never underestimate the Pittsburgh Steelers" and I've got no reason to change that stance... Bc
    Hello BC! Definitely will be around posting this season. I always choose to be optimistic about the upcoming seasons and also enjoy watching some of the other teams in the AFC and NFC as well. Don’t sleep on Tennessee or Miami this season. I still think Cleveland is a bit overrated and will have to prove otherwise. While Joe Burrow in Cincy has a lot of potential I just don’t quite see the Bengals being a factor yet in the North.

To a great season my friend!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Big Ben walking proud

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HanktheRIPPER View Post
    Big Ben walking proud
    For a moment I thought he was Ben Cleveland... Bc

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by footballfan View Post
    Hello BC! Definitely will be around posting this season. I always choose to be optimistic about the upcoming seasons and also enjoy watching some of the other teams in the AFC and NFC as well. Don’t sleep on Tennessee or Miami this season. I still think Cleveland is a bit overrated and will have to prove otherwise. While Joe Burrow in Cincy has a lot of potential I just don’t quite see the Bengals being a factor yet in the North.

To a great season my friend!!
    I am not sold on the Titans. We will see how much of an upgrade the current version of Julio Jones is better than Corey Davis.

As for Miami, I am VERY skeptical of Tua. His pro-day tape was, to me, really bad for a guy so highly touted.

I agree the Browns are overrated. An injury or two to the OL and Mayfield will be exposed. He's been working under ideal conditions with the exception of horrid coaching until recently. Without high level OL play I suspect we will see he is average.

The Bengals have a lot of work to do but they will bite some teams in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I am not sold on the Titans. We will see how much of an upgrade the current version of Julio Jones is better than Corey Davis.

As for Miami, I am VERY skeptical of Tua. His pro-day tape was, to me, really bad for a guy so highly touted.

I agree the Browns are overrated. An injury or two to the OL and Mayfield will be exposed. He's been working under ideal conditions with the exception of horrid coaching until recently. Without high level OL play I suspect we will see he is average.

The Bengals have a lot of work to do but they will bite some teams in the ass.
    The Titans have a very good WR in A.J. Brown. Unless Julio falls off hard in 2021, he'd be a better #2 than Corey Davis at worst. If there's anything that might be cause to be skeptical of the Titans' offense, it's if Derrick Henry starts to show wear and tear from carrying the ball almost 400 times last season.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Sounds like the Steelers missed on Hooker