Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: What’s your thoughts on the Steelers this year?

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    They will finish 3rd.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    I'm inclined to agree. On paper at least, the Ravens and Browns have been making moves this offseason to get better and contend for the conference while the Steelers are trying to make one last run with 39 year old Roethlisberger.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

2. Re: What’s your thoughts on the Steelers this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Rare does a whole new line gel that fast. I mean almost a whole new line. One guy returning I think? Mmmyeah, I don't see it. Maybe if they spent a lot of coin on quality upgrades and drafts like we did, I might be inclined to agree. Nothing I see from anyone on that line looks exceptional.
    Ummm their situation is not much different than ours. As a matter of fact, depending on who you ask our situation might be worse. Stanley is the only player returning to his original position and he's coming off an injury.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    Ummm their situation is not much different than ours. As a matter of fact, depending on who you ask our situation might be worse. Stanley is the only player returning to his original position and he's coming off an injury.

Not sure how you came to that conclusion. I don't put much into PFF stats, but their line as is ranked 29th, ours 12th. I think combined games started on average is 4 to 1 or some shit.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...ecastro-dotson

Ravens 13-4
    Browns 12-5
    Steelers 8-9
    Bengals 5-12

Steelers Schedule is BRUTAL

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Ravens 13-4
    Browns 12-5
    Steelers 8-9
    Bengals 5-12

Steelers Schedule is BRUTAL
    Damn it's going to take a long time to get used to 17 game schedule.

Their situation is massively different than ours. If we go Stanley/Mekari/Bozeman/Zeitler/Villanueva, then we have 5 players who have started a combined total of 340 games, with an average age of 29 (youngest is 23, oldest is 32). 4 of 5 have been starters in this league for multiple seasons, if not their entire careers - the exception is Mekari, who has already started more games than Banner, Okorafor & Dotson combined.

The Steelers have a good player in Trai Turner, then what? A 3-year backup who's now expected to switch positions and anchor the left side of the line (Okorafor)? A 4-year backup trying to rehab from a torn ACL(Banner)? A couple of rookie 3rd and 4th round draft choices? A career backup they picked up off the streets(Finney)? Kevin Dotson will probably be decent.

And you think our situation is comparable to the dumpster-fire in PGH, because Villanueva is flipping from Left to Right Tackle, and Bozeman is sliding back into the Center position (which he played in college, where he was the O-line signal caller for the national champs, and 2nd-team All-American)? No, dude.
    Last edited by MarkS; 07-02-2021 at 06:17 PM.
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but NOT to their own facts" - Daniel P. Moynihan

.500-ish at best.
    8-9
    9-8

No playoffs for Pig Pens Last Ride.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Their situation is massively different than ours. If we go Stanley/Mekari/Bozeman/Zeitler/Villanueva, then we have 5 players who have started a combined total of 340 games, with an average age of 29 (youngest is 23, oldest is 32). 4 of 5 have been starters in this league for multiple seasons, if not their entire careers - the exception is Mekari, who has started more games than Banner, Okorafor & Dotson combined.

The Steelers have a good player in Trai Turner, then what? A 3-year backup who's now expected to switch positions and anchor the left side of the line (Okorafor)? A 4-year backup trying to rehab from a torn ACL(Banner)? A couple of rookie 3rd and 4th round draft choices? A career backup they picked up off the streets(Finney)? Kevin Dotson will probably be decent.

And you think our situation is comparable to the dumpster-fire in PGH, because Villanueva is flipping from Left to Right Tackle, and Bozeman is sliding back into the Center position (which he played in college)? No, dude.
    Yeah, that's a bad take. "Depending on who you ask our situation might be worse..." Did you ask Ian Whetstone? Or Mike Preston? I can't think of anyone else that might come to such an absurd conclusion, unless they are just hoping for clicks. I guess maybe the homeless guy in Cleveland...

Predicting how the Steelers season will go is a fun, if somewhat futile, exercise. I know it's a cop-out, but ... my view is they could finish anywhere from first to third in the division. Too many unanswered questions for me, especially on their offense.

Will Ben play nice with his new OC? Will he stay healthy? Will their re-vamped O-line come together and be better than last year's? If those three answers turn out to be "yes", that team could go a long way. I know many on this board scoffed at the Najee Harris pick, but I actually think that was a really good one for them ...especially if the O-line doesn't completely blow.

Their defense is top tier, and that alone may win them a few games.

I can't forget how Tomlin kept that team in the mix two years ago despite having the Rudolph & Duck comedy team playing QB.

Then again, maybe the O-line still sucks. Or maybe Ben gets whiny ...I mean, even more than usual. Say, if the OC turns out not to be a Fichtner yes-man clone. Or maybe something unexpected happens to make the defense less effective. Who knows?

So, yeah, I'll just keep sittin' on this ol' fence.

Wtf? Cmon bro lol. Our situations are completely different.

Blog Entries

Verdite’s thoughts on the Steelers this year: Fuck the Steelers

My thoughts on the Steelers is their offensive line will be outstanding . . .

FOR ME TO POOP ON!
    Smarter than most Sports Columnists
    Smarter than every Bengals fan
    Craps poop better looking than any Browns fan
    Less inbred than any Steelers fan