Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: What’s your thoughts on the Steelers this year?

I think they let those guys leave and cut DeCastro because their line was awful LAST year. They will tinker with it and I suspect come up with a better group than they had. Also new line coach

https://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh...n-with-big-ben

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I think they let those guys leave and cut DeCastro because their line was awful LAST year. They will tinker with it and I suspect come up with a better group than they had. Also new line coach

Rare does a whole new line gel that fast. I mean almost a whole new line. One guy returning I think? Mmmyeah, I don't see it. Maybe if they spent a lot of coin on quality upgrades and drafts like we did, I might be inclined to agree. Nothing I see from anyone on that line looks exceptional.

3. Re: What’s your thoughts on the Steelers this year?

Decastro was injured and needs a new surgery. I think they were counting on him to mentor a young new line and come back healthy from last year and that backfired. I've been seeing some puff pieces about how this is all change for the better, but that just seems like every teams preseason optimism. I'm more in line with what this is reporting...

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/202106280019

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    Decastro was injured and needs a new surgery. I think they were counting on him to mentor a young new line and come back healthy from last year and that backfired. I've been seeing some puff pieces about how this is all change for the better, but that just seems like every teams preseason optimism. I'm more in line with what this is reporting...

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/202106280019
    Very well could be the case, I"m just stating that their line last year wasn't that good either. Would not hurt my feelings to see them struggle

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

TJ Watt
    Cam Heyward
    Devin Bush
    Minkah Fitzpatrick

It won't be easy to put points on them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gellinho View Post
    TJ Watt
    Cam Heyward
    Devin Bush
    Minkah Fitzpatrick

It won't be easy to put points on them.
    I never underestimate the Pittsburgh Steelers... Bc

Blog Entries

They'll be as good as their defense can be. I truly believe Ben is going to be horrible. If the defense is great they'll be competitive, if it's not then they won't be. I don't see them challenging for the division again either way.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Fuck it, I'll say it....THEY ARE DONE.

I'm sick of couching my expectations of a Steeler implosion every year only to be disappointed. Taking a new tact, declare they are finished and see it through. That Oline as someone else pointed out, is janky as hell. Their super quick, short passing game eventually failed them last year and I'm not seeing how that has gotten any better. 1st round RB behind a suspect OLine is a recipe for disaster. Also, rookie notoriously have a hard time with blitz recognition and pickup. I see Old Ben getting plastered the first time they try to consistently hold on to the ball for more than 2 seconds for a deep pass play to develop. The defense has some strong names returning, but it is contingent on all of them staying healthy AND their new pieces being up to the task. And what about their special teams? I think they will be in a lot of close games this season and having reliable kickers and punters and coverage units may wind up being very important for them. Cleveland is no longer an easy 2 wins in the division for them(or us) and I expect Cincy to battle this year. They will play us tough, like they always do, but barring any significant injuries I expect us to sweep them this year. I think Pitt is the favorite to finish 3rd and possibly 4th in the division when the dust settles.

Read the article. All I have to say is, when your argument for improvement hinges (in part) upon:
    - Getting "leadership" from your 4th year backup tackle who has started exactly two games in his entire career and is trying to return from an ACL injury (Zach Banner);
    - Being "coached up" to be more aggressive;
    then the term 'grasping at straws' comes to mind.

Actually, it doesn't surprise me the players are saying this about their new o-line coach, when you consider the reason he was forced to leave UCLA:

"When UCLA offensive lineman John Lopez was unable to practice because of post concussion symptoms Bruins offensive line coach Adrian Klemm began harassing and humiliating him on a regular basis, according to one of three lawsuits filed against the UCLA football program this week.
    'I will make it my mission that you never see the field,' Klemm told Lopez, according to the suit.
    In fact Lopez said he was singled out by Klemm in a special drill in which teammates dealt Lopez repeated hits to the head.
    'Come on, guys!” Klemm said according to the suit. '(Expletive) him up!' "

Like THAT'S going to go over well at the professional level, where the players make more $ than the coaches, and don't have to put up with this kind of bullshit for fear of losing their scholarship.
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but NOT to their own facts" - Daniel P. Moynihan

I say Big Ben makes it 5 games before he gets hurt by either Von Miller or Bradley Chubb when Denver comes to town. The Steelers will be in the division cellar this year. They are going to get destroyed come December.
    "Put your goggles on, 'cause there's gonna be blood and guts everywhere!" - SSSr

Quote Originally Posted by moviemaniacx View Post
    I say Big Ben makes it 5 games before he gets hurt by either Von Miller or Bradley Chubb when Denver comes to town. The Steelers will be in the division cellar this year. They are going to get destroyed come December.
    They will finish 3rd.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    They will finish 3rd.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Even if Ben gets hurt? If he doesn't get hurt, sure I could see that if the Bengals flounder (though I don't think they will).
    "Put your goggles on, 'cause there's gonna be blood and guts everywhere!" - SSSr