Page 1 of 46 123 ... LastLast

What’s your thoughts on the Steelers this year?

Seeing lots of people take completely separate sides on whether the Steelers will fail or be successful this year.

Though schedule. Entirely new o-line, old Ben, new offensive system, good d-line, suspect cbs, rookie RB bellcow, good receivers. Could go either way.

I’m still thinking this is a last gasp situation for Ben that will fall apart similar to last year. I don’t expect playoffs, but I expect Tomlin to eek out an 8-8 campaign again somehow. I’d be very afraid putting an immobile Ben behind an entirely revamped line.

Re: What’s your thoughts on the Steelers this year?

8-9

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Low ceiling, high floor. Their defense will be the best unit on the field in a bunch of games and they'll win their share of those.

It'll be hard for them to draft OR buy a franchise QB because they won't bottom out and have already kicked the can down the road too far on the cap. The Oline will eventually bite them even if Ben somehow turns back the clock.

Haha I forgot about the 17th game already

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Who knows. These supposedly dead zombies seem to find some kind of life and be in the playoff hunt every year.

Perhaps the zombie idea has merit. They have eaten the brains of their fans to keep that team winning despite issues and it also explains how dumb those fans can be.

Mediocre. Geriatric Roethlisberger and that O-Line is going to keep them from being real competitors, but their defense and the talent they have at the skill positions is still enough to keep them from picking in the top half of the draft. Still wouldn't look past them on gameday.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Over/under on how many games Ben makes it? Me? 9 or 10 games. What helped make Ben so effective was he had a half a step and powerful enough to break through arm tackles. He no longer has that half a step and isn't so strong anymore. A questionable O-Line spells a stint on the IR.

Blog Entries

I used to hesitate putting dirt on the Steelers, but this has to be the year where time catches up to them. That line is dookie.

music to my ears. I hope one of guys lays a lick on juju like earl Thomas did on Rudolph

That oline is janky as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I used to hesitate putting dirt on the Steelers, but this has to be the year where time catches up to them. That line is dookie.
    Yup. They will not be good this year. Their line is awful. their QB is bad, and they lost a lot of talent from their defense - and defense is generally subject to way more variance year-to-year than offense as it is.

I think they're gonna be 2007 Ravensesque this year.