Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gwen Berry

Re: Gwen Berry

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    You are hallucinating that I disagree with the legal decision in the case of Bill Cosby which was clear cut. He had an agreement with prosecutors and never should have been charged on the basis of that. You were attacking the victim and saying silly things about him not having any power over her career. It wasnt clear to me that you thought he was a scumbag with a clear pattern of criminally drugging and raping women. I found it weird you defended the Roofie King on a clear point of law but want to throw Berry off the team because you dont like her, absent any sort of violations of rules or laws governing who gets to ho to the olympics.

Now you can hallucinate that I'm defending Berry, which I'm not. I think she behaved like a child and in an incredibly disrespectful and self absorbed manner.
    Again, protesting is banned at the olympics.
    You brought cosby into thia, I didn’t. So pointing out cosby had the law on his side and she doesn’t is a perfectly valid point. But dont let fact get in the way of your self righteous indignation

2. Re: Gwen Berry

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Absolutely. I mean let’s be real …the Face of Team USA is Simone Biles …if an athlete of color or a woman was gonna protest ..it should be her but she realizes that this ( Olympics) isn’t the time or place. Any issue you have with our government or policies…should be handled here …not on the World stage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Da GOAT. What an amazing athlete she is. We've been watching all the qualifiers for weeks. The other gal, Suni Lee is also a really good one to watch, as is Jordan Chiles. We're really pumped for the Olympics to get started.

BTW, I was up on Grandfather Mountain last weekend. Had a great time. I know you like the area. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Da GOAT. What an amazing athlete she is. We've been watching all the qualifiers for weeks. The other gal, Suni Lee is also a really good one to watch, as is Jordan Chiles. We're really pumped for the Olympics to get started.

BTW, I was up on Grandfather Mountain last weekend. Had a great time. I know you like the area. Cheers.
    Yup. Beautiful country. Kinda wish the boy was still in school there. Lol.

Our gymnastics team is pretty bad ass this year. They should Kick ass like normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Ye cannot make us now less capable, less knowing, less eagerly pursuing of the truth, unless ye first make yourselves, that made us so, less the lovers, less the founders of our true liberty. We can grow ignorant again, brutish, formal and slavish, as ye found us; but you then must first become that which ye cannot be, oppressive, arbitrary and tyrannous, as they were from whom ye have freed us. That our hearts are now more capacious, our thoughts more erected to the search and expectation of greatest and exactest things, is the issue of your own virtue propagated in us; ye cannot suppress that, unless ye reinforce an abrogated and merciless law, that fathers may dispatch at will their own children. And who shall then stick closest to ye, and excite others? Not he who takes up arms for coat and conduct, and his four nobles of Danegelt. Although I dispraise not the defence of just immunities, yet love my peace better, if that were all. Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties."
    Milton, Areopagitica

I find Berry's actions towards the anthem disdainful. However, since the government runs the Olympic team, restrictions should not be placed on the athlete's speech.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Would you look at that. The opportunistic activist might be a tad racist.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mpression=true

Just a shame she wants to compete just to spit on the country.
    I don't know a lot but I know a little

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Would you look at that. The opportunistic activist might be a tad racist.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mpression=true
    Yeah I saw that.

She's said some really douchey things that would get any white athlete cancelled. Not that I want to play that game because the behavior is douchey and if a white athlete said it I'd be fine if they were given a hard time about it. Personally Id rather give people a get out of jail free card if they just apologized but often these days apogizing is seen as a sign of guilt. Scalps must be taken. The Twatter mob , of which many of us are members, will settle for nothing less.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post

Just a shame she wants to compete just to spit on the country.
    That's my favorite rendition of America the Beautiful. Here's another Patriotic song you might like. https://newcountrysongs.com/aaron-le...-the-only-one/

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    That's my favorite rendition of America the Beautiful. Here's another Patriotic song you might like. https://newcountrysongs.com/aaron-le...-the-only-one/
    I was listening to Wilkow on Fri and got a taste of this and he is not the only one. Great song!!
    I don't know a lot but I know a little

Blog Entries

Man, she gives Lori Lightfoot a run for her money when it comes to looks.