Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Should Corporate Wealth Get Broken Up?

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Can we stop them? I think it’s too late.
    Call me a conspiracy theorist, but it’s funny how this pandemic worked out so well for the Waltons, Gates, Bezos and Zuch, and so poorly for almost everyone else on the planet.
    Did they just seize control of the planet?
    Maybe “The man who sold the world” is some Wuhan virologist that was bribed to let a virus escape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agree 100%

The "pandemic" resulted in one of the largest, if not the largest transfer of wealth in history. They DID just seize control of the planet. Phase II (economic collapse) is next on the horizon.

I don't usually advocate for interfering with the growth of business, but the owners should not have any more access to power than the average citizen. They should also pay their fair share in taxes. In addition, you have rulings from the Supreme Court that allows influence in elections.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    So, you're ok with the amount of power and influence some of these massive corporations and multi-multi-multi billionaires have?

As I've said previously, I don't begrudge these guys whatsoever. If I could make a billion dollars, I'd certainly do it - who wouldn't? However, where I think a lot of people start to cast uneasy glances are when you see public and economic policy being generated time and time again that are pretty obviously influenced by these power brokers.
    You keep saying you don’t begrudge the uber wealthy, but your suggestions for proposals indicate otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Agree 100%

The "pandemic" resulted in one of the largest, if not the largest transfer of wealth in history. They DID just seize control of the planet. Phase II (economic collapse) is next on the horizon.

I don't usually advocate for interfering with the growth of business, but the owners should not have any more access to power than the average citizen. They should also pay their fair share in taxes. In addition, you have rulings from the Supreme Court that allows influence in elections.
    I would agree with largest, but there is a chance the Dutch East India Company had a couple year period with similar transfer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    You keep saying you don’t begrudge the uber wealthy, but your suggestions for proposals indicate otherwise.
    Nice dodge.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Nice dodge.
    Its not a dodge. Its pointing out your bs. You want to apply some sort of ‘fix’ to the uber wealthy that you wont to the common man. So clearly you are begrudging the wealthy hiding behind class warfare and ‘fairness’.
    Im for anyone making as much as they legally can. Because a few people do it more successfully than others does not mean a ‘fix’ has to be imposed.

Its not a dodge. Its pointing out your bs. You want to apply some sort of ‘fix’ to the uber wealthy that you wont to the common man. So clearly you are begrudging the wealthy hiding behind class warfare and ‘fairness’.
    Im for anyone making as much as they legally can. Because a few people do it more successfully than others does not mean a ‘fix’ has to be imposed.
    This isn't about individual wealth. This is about monopoly and power. I don't care how much money someone makes, but they should not be able to use it to be a defacto Government and to violate the rights of citizens. If they do that, which they are in this case, they should be treated as utilities and broken up.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

No, it's a dodge and it's completely typical. Thanks for the reminder as to why I rarely engage in any convo with you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    This isn't about individual wealth. This is about monopoly and power. I don't care how much money someone makes, but they should not be able to use it to be a defacto Government and to violate the rights of citizens. If they do that, which they are in this case, they should be treated as utilities and broken up.

I think there is some merit to this argument. Now, I will say, it cuts both ways...the government is also a willing participant in all of this primarily due to greed and being power hungry themselves.

[QUOTE=wickedsolo;2106291]No, it's a dodge and it's completely typical. Thanks for the reminder as to why I rarely engage in any convo with you.[/QUOT
    Because i dare challenge you? boo fricking hoo

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post

There is already a mechanism in place to break up monopolies

I think there is some merit to this argument. Now, I will say, it cuts both ways...the government is also a willing participant in all of this primarily due to greed and being power hungry themselves.
    You mean like the Clintons and Obama’s wealthy increasing attention a rate over 10x’s the salary they were paid during their presidency?

Yes, Insurance companies having the ability to bribe the president of the United States to destroy the healthcare system by forcing everyone to buy massively overpriced worthless policies is not free market capitalism nor how we all hope our government works.

There is already a mechanism in place to break up monopolies
    Yes, but they need to be regulated like utilities.

People use Facebook and Twitter to communicate as much if not more than public telephone companies. Same with Google, Amazon and Microsoft. Their cloud services host most of the online services that people use to communicate and perform basic but critical day to day services like Banking, insurance, paying bills, etc. They also control most site hosting and advertising for corporate and small business America.

They are using this power to restrict basic civil rights and to discriminate against certain political opposition.

It also now looks like information is coming out to confirm what many suspected and that they were colluding with and operating on behalf of the DNC and Democrat politicians. I pray there is an honest judge left that will rule that they are acting on behalf of the US Government and subjected to legal ramifications for violating 1st Amendment rights.