Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

The Bigger Short. How 2008 is repeating

Not a finance guy, so i don't fully get everything here, but overall I think it's on point.

There is a financial crisis coming, just when and how big is the question.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Superstonk/...ing_at_a_much/

Re: The Bigger Short. How 2008 is repeating

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Not a finance guy, so i don't fully get everything here, but overall I think it's on point.

Fantastic read. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

This is such a damning, scathing report of exactly what I've always said. Free market capitalism is such a farce in this country. These markets are completely rigged against those not already baked into the system.

When the rules in place don't favor the rich, then and only then will the rules get changed....to further help the rich.

It's absolutely incredible how the average working class person must mitigate risk in their lives at every turn in order to keep their family afloat, while on the other end of the spectrum, these investment bankers can literally afford to bet that companies will fail, and then when it doesn't go their way, they just change the rules in order for them to win anyway, or at least draw even.....it's incredible how CEO'S can make BANK during market failure while so many still haven't recovered from foreclosure in 2008.

This country is so sick in so many ways. Free market capitalism needs to go the way of the dinosaur. This libertarian wet dream of deregulated markets/everything makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    This is such a damning, scathing report of exactly what I've always said. Free market capitalism is such a farce in this country.

This country is so sick in so many ways. Free market capitalism needs to go the way of the dinosaur. This libertarian wet dream of deregulated markets/everything makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

These two statements don’t go together.

But please, if you want to talk about capitalism start another thread. This one is about a coming financial crisis and how/if the Reddit post is accurate.

Blog Entries

This is bad. I knew about junk bonds and CDO's/mortgage backed securities but not derivatives. It's hard for me to even grasp, let alone understand it. Basically, we're screwed.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    This is bad. I knew about junk bonds and CDO's/mortgage backed securities but not derivatives. It's hard for me to even grasp, let alone understand it. Basically, we're screwed.
    Yes.... now the question is. Is the because of greed, banks trying not to go under and/or part of the "great reset"?

I personally think it's a bit of all 3.

These two statements don’t go together.

But please, if you want to talk about capitalism start another thread. This one is about a coming financial crisis and how/if the Reddit post is accurate.
    Help me out brother. How do they not go together? Is deregulation not a key tenant of free market capitalism?

Isn't the lack of regulation and oversight over the derivatives market the cause of this issue of over leveraging? What am I missing here?

Blog Entries

Help me out brother. How do they not go together? Is deregulation not a key tenant of free market capitalism?

Isn't the lack of regulation and oversight over the derivatives market the cause of this issue of over leveraging? What am I missing here?

OK, just one asnwer as I really would like to keep the thread about the OP.

Saying it's a farce and "These markets are completely rigged against those not already baked into the system."

If they were truly free they wouldn't be rigged.

You're saying something free and unchecked and it's how we got here so lets do away with it. And then advocate for control of it by the very people who are conspiring together to rig it now!

That doesn't make any sense.

Now... on to the coming collapse.

OK, just one asnwer as I really would like to keep the thread about the OP.

Saying it's a farce and "These markets are completely rigged against those not already baked into the system."

If they were truly free they wouldn't be rigged.

You're saying something free and unchecked and it's how we got here so lets do away with it. And then advocate for control of it by the very people who are conspiring together to rig it now!

That doesn't make any sense.

Now... on to the coming collapse.
    Ok, I don't understand where you're trying to go then because wouldn't the major point of discussion around the collapse be why and how we got to this point?

The vast majority of what you posted was literally an explanation of what deregulation has gotten us into. They went into stunning detail about how those at the top would do everything in their power to prevent a situation in which their overleveraging would backfire on them.

I feel as though I am writing about the content you posted.

Blog Entries

Ok, I don't understand where you're trying to go then because wouldn't the major point of discussion around the collapse be why and how we got to this point?

Is the reddit post accurate, is there a collapse coming?

Blog Entries

Yes.... now the question is. Is the because of greed, banks trying not to go under and/or part of the "great reset"?

I personally think it's a bit of all 3.
    I agree, but I don't know. I've been hearing rumblings of a looming recession since October of 2020. But looking at the crap they pulled with Gamestop, that could be part of the issue as well.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

If you haven’t …I’d watch the two films he speaks of in the Reddit. Both are excellent? The Big Short is more “Hollywood” but it still gets its point across. I was throughly pissed at the end of both …both at how greedy and slimy these people are ..and how uneducated We are about this.

I think it lies solely in Greed. These asshats deliberately destroy companies and peoples lives just to make more money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk