Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Re: 3 Cheers for Brett Kavanaugh

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I’ve been eyeing up private schools for my kids. They are anywhere from 12-20k per year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We did private and Catholic schools for our 3 kids. It got expensive, but it was either that or I was going to wind up in jail for seriously hurt somebody else's kid.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    There's a reason my kid is either getting a scholarship or will have to go wherever I'm teaching. No chance we're shelling out what'll likely be over 100k for his college.
    That's awesome that your kid has options. I don't see how any regular person can afford college today.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    That's awesome that your kid has options. I don't see how any regular person can afford college today.
    I see it becoming less and less of a requirement as many businesses are seeing them as useless.

A lot are doing "or X number of years equivalent experience"

And I thought I saw some republicans wanted to remove it as a requirement for a federal job but I can't find anything on it right now.
    "I support anyone's right to be who they want to be. My question is: to what extent do I have to participate in your self-image?" óDave Chappelle

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I see it becoming less and less of a requirement as many businesses are seeing them as useless.

A lot are doing "or X number of years equivalent experience"

And I thought I saw some republicans wanted to remove it as a requirement for a federal job but I can't find anything on it right now.
    Good point. We are doing the same thing at the company I work for. I told our recruiter to remove it from our job postings. I think practical experience is far more useful in most industries than a college education.