Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: OT: I got banned on Orioles Hangout for criticizing Melanie Newman.

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Joe like Chuck Thompson both had something to work with.
    Chuck was better than the current crew because we tended to win the games he called.

Yea poor ole Chuck calling games today, Aint the beer warm, skunked and flat,

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Joe like Chuck Thompson both had something to work with.
    Jon Miller had to endure several barren years of O's baseball but he somehow made every freakin' pitch interesting.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    I'll forever compare any O's broadcasters to Joe Angel and will forever be left wanting
    Joe Angel is down the list. Chuck Thompson and Jon Miller were both much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I got banned once. From my own family. I let my father fall off a cliff into traffic. My uncle told me to wait for him. That he had a surprise for me. I saw him hanging, and couldn’t save him. I ran away. Just when I was at my loneliest, my most exhausted, I met my two best friends. They were a couple of funny guys with let’s just say exotic palates. They didn’t care about my past, they embraced me for who I was. They taught me not to sweat the small stuff, and that I could rebuild. And I did. I did a lot of growing up with those two guys. But then, something unbelievable happened. I ran into my childhood best friend. After the shock of seeing her again, she told me that my uncle had plunged my family into ruin, and that they were starving, that they needed me. I was embarrassed. I was scared. I didn’t believe they wanted me back, or that I could face them after what I had done. I spent a lot of time rejecting my past, but I realized, the past is the past. It doesn’t make sense to let the sins of your past ruin your present and future. Ultimately it’s up to me to carry on my father’s legacy and will. He would live through me! I ran back to my family. All I had heard was true. My uncle had shady dealings with a street gang calling themselves the hyenas. I went into my family’s home to find my uncle on the balcony while my mother sat starving. My Uncle was shocked to see me, as if he was seeing a ghost. I told him his reign was at an end, and he became violent at the sight of me. We fought and fought, and I had won. But my uncle distracted me like a coward and while I wasn’t paying attention, he knocked me over the balcony and I was hanging on for my life. Like father, like son. But then, my Uncle revealed it all. He was there the day my dad died. He was the one who pushed him off the cliff, he killed my father not me. Enraged and full of adrenaline I recovered up to the balcony, tackled my uncle, and forced him to tell the truth to my family. Just like that he fought back again, I struggled back, and my uncle found himself falling off the balcony to his death. A bloody civil war in my family was over, and peace could return to our family.
    No respect for the flamboyant old man who knocked some sense into you.

Quote Originally Posted by Unibomber View Post
    No respect for the flamboyant old man who knocked some sense into you.
    Where would I be without my eccentric godfather

7. Re: OT: I got banned on Orioles Hangout for criticizing Melanie Newman.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Joe Angel is down the list. Chuck Thompson and Jon Miller were both much better.
    Both are a little before my time. Didn't even really get into baseball until '05, so I grew up with Angel. These days, i'll take anything that's not Qadry Ismail

I got banned once. From my own family. I let my father fall off a cliff into traffic. My uncle told me to wait for him. That he had a surprise for me. I saw him hanging, and couldn’t save him. I ran away. Just when I was at my loneliest, my most exhausted, I met my two best friends. They were a couple of funny guys with let’s just say exotic palates. They didn’t care about my past, they embraced me for who I was. They taught me not to sweat the small stuff, and that I could rebuild. And I did. I did a lot of growing up with those two guys. But then, something unbelievable happened. I ran into my childhood best friend. After the shock of seeing her again, she told me that my uncle had plunged my family into ruin, and that they were starving, that they needed me. I was embarrassed. I was scared. I didn’t believe they wanted me back, or that I could face them after what I had done. I spent a lot of time rejecting my past, but I realized, the past is the past. It doesn’t make sense to let the sins of your past ruin your present and future. Ultimately it’s up to me to carry on my father’s legacy and will. He would live through me! I ran back to my family. All I had heard was true. My uncle had shady dealings with a street gang calling themselves the hyenas. I went into my family’s home to find my uncle on the balcony while my mother sat starving. My Uncle was shocked to see me, as if he was seeing a ghost. I told him his reign was at an end, and he became violent at the sight of me. We fought and fought, and I had won. But my uncle distracted me like a coward and while I wasn’t paying attention, he knocked me over the balcony and I was hanging on for my life. Like father, like son. But then, my Uncle revealed it all. He was there the day my dad died. He was the one who pushed him off the cliff, he killed my father not me. Enraged and full of adrenaline I recovered up to the balcony, tackled my uncle, and forced him to tell the truth to my family. Just like that he fought back again, I struggled back, and my uncle found himself falling off the balcony to his death. A bloody civil war in my family was over, and peace could return to our family.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Lying King….
    Combined, these are arguably the greatest posts this forum has ever seen. You should both be proud of yourselves.

Kudos, gentlemen. Kudos.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Where would I be without my eccentric godfather
    "I can no longer see my past!"

"I'll have to look to the future from now on."

Yes, very wise words indeed... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Pente is a joke. He went on The Fan one time and one of the hosts thanked him for his service. Instead of saying thanks, Tony had to tell some BS story about all the bad guys he killed in Iraq. Which tells me that he killed zero bad guys in Iraq.
    The Dude's just a massive toolbag.

I forget the details, but something political happened with MLB, so the guy just shut the whole damned site down for a few days. There are actually people on there that pay for an account, if I was one of them I would have been livid. Anyhow, he's constantly threatening to pull the plug on the site because he either doesn't have the time or is losing interest. Geez...really makes me want to support him. He's super political and it's his way or the highway...I just hate people like that no matter which side of the aisle they are on.

After he pulled the plug for a couple of days I never went back. I won't even lurk. Don't want to add to his "hits".

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    Chuck was better than the current crew because we tended to win the games he called.
    Chuck was better because he was better. WAAAAY better. Football or baseball, there was no one better at describing the action in real time. His eye-to-brain-to-mouth connection was so ridiculously fast.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Well she is patriotic...

and knows baseball...

so what's not to like? ... Bc
    That's her? I stand corrected. She's the best play by play announcer in Orioles history, hands down.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk