Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: This Stock is About To Take Off (Palantir Technologies)

Quote Originally Posted by simplesimon View Post
    Remember you don't have to hold on to your calls to july. When it reaches the price you set then sell it for profit. Truth be told it's been doing well since late may. Notice when the blue line crosses above the yellow line, that's when you want to get in.
    What settings are the blue/yellow lines...SMA10/ EMA 30 etc? One mistake is greed and you are completely correct about holding calls. I kept NIO too long and lost 9k in profit in two days.

2. Re: This Stock is About To Take Off (Palantir Technologies)

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    What settings are the blue/yellow lines...SMA10/ EMA 30 etc? One mistake is greed and you are completely correct about holding calls. I kept NIO too long and lost 9k in profit in two days.
    Blue line is the 9 day and the yellow line is the 26 day. You lost that much? Sorry to hear that.

Blue line is the 9 day and the yellow line is the 26 day. You lost that much? Sorry to hear that.
    Thanks. Don't feel too bad for me...I'm up over 70k profit in less than a year from options trading:)

4. Re: This Stock is About To Take Off (Palantir Technologies)

Thanks. Don't feel too bad for me...I'm up over 70k profit in less than a year from options trading:)
    Oh good! There is something I have to explain about when the blue and yellow lines cross. I don't want to wreck a person money. You have to pay attention to the candles and red blue clouds as well. When the blue line is heading up (north) and passes through the yellow line and red cloud completely it is bullish. When the blue line is heading down (south) and passes through the yellow line and blue cloud completely then it is bearish. Now this is when the candles come into play. They give warning signs or positive signs. When a candle is in bullish territory and drops completely below the blue line that means prices are going to start dropping. When a candle is in bearish territory and goes above the blue line that means the prices are going to start rising. I don't use the seconds or minute chart. I use the 1 day chart because that gives the best reading. Each candle represents 1 day.
    Last edited by simplesimon; 06-26-2021 at 01:09 AM.

Oh good! There is something I have to explain about when the blue and yellow lines cross. I don't want to wreck a person money. You have to pay attention to the candles and red blue clouds as well. When the blue line is heading up (north) and passes through the yellow line and red cloud completely it is bullish. When the blue line is heading down (south) and passes through the yellow line and blue cloud completely then it is bearish. Now this is when the candles come into play. They give warning signs or positive signs. When a candle is in bullish territory and drops completely below the blue line that means prices are going to start dropping. When a candle is in bearish territory and goes above the blue line that means the prices are going to start rising. I don't use the seconds or minute chart. I use the 1 day chart because that gives the best reading. Each candle represents 1 day.
    I use one year/ one day charts as well but focus on last few weeks/days. I also look at the business/social sentiment and of course if candles are above SMA lines. Hoping PLTR breaks thru 30 and keeps rising. I have 40 calls/spent over 6k on those calls. It would be a bad loss. I try to mostly buy calls one month to 3 months out. Typically sell if loss is at 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    What do you know about them, Ort? A quick Google search yielded nothing alarming to me.
    Oh, nothing out of the ordinary. Just rumors about them trying to use their congressional connections to force their way into army contracts back when I was a contractor. That was also like 9 years ago at this point.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Drain Bamage View Post
    This has probably been shared elsewhere but what are some good apps to buy stocks? I'm not too crazy about linking my bank account to anything so I'd like to avoid that if at all possible.
    Vanguard supports fee free trades, and is a pretty reputable company.

8. Re: This Stock is About To Take Off (Palantir Technologies)

I use one year/ one day charts as well but focus on last few weeks/days. I also look at the business/social sentiment and of course if candles are above SMA lines. Hoping PLTR breaks thru 30 and keeps rising. I have 40 calls/spent over 6k on those calls. It would be a bad loss. I try to mostly buy calls one month to 3 months out. Typically sell if loss is at 50%.
    You should buy some call options for NIO.

9. Re: This Stock is About To Take Off (Palantir Technologies)

For anyone who is new to investing I would recommend buying NIO.

Blog Entries

For anyone who is new to investing I would recommend buying NIO.
    I bought some last fall, thought seriously about dumping it a couple months ago, but didn't. What do you see? Why shouldn't I sell now that I've made a profit?
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

11. Re: This Stock is About To Take Off (Palantir Technologies)

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I bought some last fall, thought seriously about dumping it a couple months ago, but didn't. What do you see? Why shouldn't I sell now that I've made a profit?
    You can sell some of your shares for profit. Think about people who bought Tesla at $14. They're rich not just someone who made a good chunk of money. NIO is just getting started. In crypto terms what about people who bought bitcoin at $3418 dollars in December of 2018. Even with the dip they're still doing well. I bought Cardano at 34 cents.

12. Re: This Stock is About To Take Off (Palantir Technologies)

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Vanguard supports fee free trades, and is a pretty reputable company.

Webull now offers fractional shares. Vanguard only through mutual funds