Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: OT - Supreme Court sides 9-0 against NCAA

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    moose, of course they're not relevant, that is until you have a medical condition, need root canal, your taxes done, or have legal troubles. Even if they don't give a single penny to their schools, they've still earned their degrees by hard classroom work and service to the public. I sure don't care if my doctor drives a Cadillac as long as he helps to keep me healthy so I can live a long life with my family.
    A "student athlete" does nothing more than entertain us. Sure I am a sports fan, and appreciate all they can do on the field, but when all is said and done... No sense my arguing any further as we are both...

Still friends ... Bc
    I think you guys are arguing past each other here. He's not talking about the school paying athletes, or other scholarship students. He's saying why can't the athlete go work at the Walmart part time, or whatever replaced the steel mill for summer work?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    I think you guys are arguing past each other here. He's not talking about the school paying athletes, or other scholarship students. He's saying why can't the athlete go work at the Walmart part time, or whatever replaced the steel mill for summer work?

Yes, that’s my question, which I asked because the discussion had turned to the NCAA’s decision to finally let athletes have an outside income stream. I don’t understand the resistance to that. And it has nothing to do with the schools directly paying the athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post

I will always have a lot of respect for Bc and fully acknowledge that opinions are going to be different...but I also think there's a disconnect as far as what this NIL really is and what Bc thinks is happening. It's why I've dropped it.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

somewhat related... the money grab continues. St. Pete was perfect for this event but....

The East-West Shrine Bowl, the nation’s oldest college football all-star game, is partnering with the NFL and moving the event to Las Vegas and Allegiant Stadium as part of NFL Pro Bowl week. The game will be Thursday, February 3rd, in primetime, on NFL Network.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I just hope to get a ncaa college football game back.

Blog Entries

Alabama QB already approaching nearly $1M in NIL earnings and hasn't started a single game

https://www.tuscaloosanews.com/story...an/8027717002/

Blog Entries