Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

IRS denies tax exemption to religious group because prayer boosts Republicans

I think this is a great example of an entrenched swamp in the ‘public service’ ranks.

An IRS official denied tax-exempt status to a Texas group that encourages church members to pray for state and national leaders, regardless of their party affiliation, because it benefits “the private interests of the [Republican] Party.”
    “You do not qualify as an organization described in IRS Section 501(c)(3). You engage in prohibited political campaign intervention,” wrote Stephen A. Martin, director of the IRS Office of Exempt Organizations Rulings and Agreements, in a May 18 letter (pdf) to Christians Engaged, the Garland, Texas-based prayer group recognized by Texas officials as tax-exempt.

“You are also not operated exclusively for one or more exempt purposes within the meaning of Section 501 (c)(3), because you operate for a substantial non-exempt private purpose and for the private interests of the D party.”

The “D party” is a reference to the Republican Party, according to a novel “legend” that Martin provided at the top of his letter to the Texas group.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...61757.html/amp

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: IRS denies tax exemption to religious group because prayer boosts Republicans

And the slow roll of quiet persecution continues. Just wait until it gains speed.

This guy should be fired and prosecuted but instead he will be given a bonus.

An IRS official denied tax-exempt status to a Texas group that encourages church members to pray for state and national leaders, regardless of their party affiliation, because it benefits “the private interests of the [Republican] Party.”
    I wonder how he came to this conclusion? Is God more on the side of Republicans in his view?

Re: IRS denies tax exemption to religious group because prayer boosts Republicans

Some of us were under the assumption that only Obama weaponized the IRS. Oh wait.....he's still running the show.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Some of us were under the assumption that only Obama weaponized the IRS. Oh wait.....he's still running the show.
    Its worse than that. These people dont need to be told to do this by obama or biden or any admin. They feel entitled to do it because in their mind because they are civil servants, they think they can call shots. Now they are more emboldened when a lib is in office, but they are entrenched, basically because they face no accountability

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Its worse than that. These people dont need to be told to do this by obama or biden or any admin. They feel entitled to do it because in their mind because they are civil servants, they think they can call shots. Now they are more emboldened when a lib is in office, but they are entrenched, basically because they face no accountability
    I do think you hit the nail right on the head.

Blog Entries

Because it serves the private interest of the Republican Party.

Wow.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    I think this is a great example of an entrenched swamp in the ‘public service’ ranks.

“You do not qualify as an organization described in IRS Section 501(c)(3). You engage in prohibited political campaign intervention,” wrote Stephen A. Martin, director of the IRS Office of Exempt Organizations Rulings and Agreements, in a May 18 letter (pdf) to Christians Engaged, the Garland, Texas-based prayer group recognized by Texas officials as tax-exempt.

“You are also not operated exclusively for one or more exempt purposes within the meaning of Section 501 (c)(3), because you operate for a substantial non-exempt private purpose and for the private interests of the D party.”

The “D party” is a reference to the Republican Party, according to a novel “legend” that Martin provided at the top of his letter to the Texas group.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...61757.html/amp
    Why do religious institutions have tax exempt status? I think it’s time to revoke them across the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Why do religious institutions have tax exempt status? I think it’s time to revoke them across the board.

Why do George Soros groups actively participating in the radicalization and takeover of the United States receive tax-exempt status. Same with the Clinton Foundation? Non-profits are used as piggy banks for the rich to avoid taxes and dump millions(billions??)of dollars into running a shadow government. Congress sends money overseas as "aid" and it makes its way back into these non-profits that enrich the politicians and help transform the country.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Why do George Soros groups actively participating in the radicalization and takeover of the United States receive tax-exempt status? Same with the Clinton Foundation? Non-profits are used as piggy banks for the rich to avoid taxes and dump millions(billions??)of dollars into running a shadow government. Congress sends money overseas as "aid" and it makes its way back into these non-profits that enrich the politicians and help transform the country.

As long as you revoke them for all secular organizations too, fine.

Otherwise, you will need a better standard for revocation than "all religious institutions."

As a Catholic, I wish the church would forgo tax exempt status. They could but be much more involved politically and frankly have a greater impact on societee if they weren't constantly watching what they said when it comes to politics.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Why shoild non profit charitable organizations be taxed??? The people who give money to them already had their money taxed. And now you want to tax the yet again? Why? Cause govt is better charity???

Quote Originally Posted by Don Frye's Moustache View Post
    As a Catholic, I wish the church would forgo tax exempt status. They could but be much more involved politically and frankly have a greater impact on societee if they weren't constantly watching what they said when it comes to politics.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Why? Again people have already been taxed on the money they earned before they gave it yo the church. You then want the church to give a portion of their charitable givings to the govt???