Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Lamar Extension

Re: Lamar Extension

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    3 answers in one.

It is a team sport, wins are not an individual statistic. The other 52 men on the Ravens roster and every coach might universally be superior to their match on the Houston Roster. This might play a part why their 2020 seasons are seen differently.

The team would never sign such a stupid clause.

And OF COURSE Lamar cares what the others guys sign for, that is a silly statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really get tired of the argument that WINS don't count - as a measure of quarterback performance. WIN TOTAL is the ONLY statistic that does matter. Everything else is bullshit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    I really get tired of the argument that WINS don't count - as a measure of quarterback performance. WIN TOTAL is the ONLY statistic that does matter. Everything else is bullshit.
    C&D, does your post include WIN TOTAL in playoff games?
    I do not doubt LJ will/should get a mega-deal, and I'm glad of it as I want him to be our QB for years to come, but "Everything else is bullshit" actually is B.S. (I am a gentleman).
    Don't you know why Flacco was called "January Joe?" ... Bc

P.S. - I've written this before, I feel that LJ will lead the Ravens to our 3rd Super Bowl.

of course lamar cares wht he/others sign for lol

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Its funny that Lamar doesn't get that same "fair shake". In the year Watson took the Texans to the Division round, Lamar won 14 games and became the MVP. The next year when Watson won 4 games, Lamar still won 11 games and a playoff game in spite of missing a couple of games with Covid.

Why doesn't Lamar get the same consideration that you would give Watson. Watson wins 16 games (12 and 4) and gets $40 million a year without one shred of criticism. Lamar wins 25 games (14 and 11) including a MVP and all Lamar gets is criticism and second guessing
    UH, Watson is a year ahead so he signed his contract first. Jackson will get paid more than Watson. Likely in the $45 per year area.

And wins? Please. Watson is carrying that complete shipwreck of an organization. Again, without Hopkins last year he had his best year passing.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

So Trent Dilfer in 2000 was a better QB than Watson in 2020?

LOL!

So by your concept …Josh Allan should be paid higher than Lamar. Bills were 13-3 last year reg season. Add 2 playoff wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    So by your concept …Josh Allan should be paid higher than Lamar. Bills were 13-3 last year reg season. Add 2 playoff wins.

You realize most think Josh Allen is the better QB and can and should be paid more than Lamar now, correct?

It’s quite close, but most would nudge Allen above due to recency bias.