Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamar Extension

Re: Lamar Extension

Yea, 40/yr for Dak. 45 for Mahomes, but that was a loooong deal. Cap will likely be a lot higher by the time they are near the end of Mahomes deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Davesta View Post
    What’s Dak’s contract? 40mil / yr?

Lamar should be alittle over that

In the three years that Lamar has been in the league Dak Prescott has won 20 games and lost 17. Lamar has won 10 more and lost 10 less.

There is no way Dak Prescott deserves to be close to Lamar in salary.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    I think they should try to get 1 more cheap year out of him before they sign him to the block buster deal.
    Why?

This year and the 5th year option plus even a franchise tag year 6 would all be factored into a new contract. The next 3 years the Ravens can control Jackson are part of the deal. By moving some of the later year dollars, cap-wise, into the next few you can hopefully smooth out his impact on the cap over several years.

But those cheap/control years the Ravens have will play a part in negotiations.

As for waiting for Mayfield's deal I don't see it. I think the Ravens want to get this done this year and Mayfied isn't likely to get a new deal until next year. I don't think the Browns FO is sold on to the point of committing that kind of deal. If Mayfield signs this year it will be a much more team friendly deal than Jackson or Allen will accept because those 2 are obviously more proven at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by ThankyouArt! View Post
    My guess is that Lamar doesn't sign. He is going to pull a Flacco and bet on himself. Barring injury his value won't drop.....Lamar is poised to have a monster year. You know he is going to get his yards rushing and they have done what they could to fix the passing game. He's worked hard........has little to lose. His value can only go up, why leave money on the table. God forbid he blows a knee......he still gets a contract and makes lifetime money. If he wins another MVP ( wanna bet against him?) and just makes a Super bowl he signs a contract that makes Maholmes contract look like yesterdays news.
    Jackson isn't going to wait 2 years. This contract has 2 years left and he is in danger of a Teddy Bridgewater type injury that takes him from a top 3 QB deal to a Teddy Bridgewater type deal. The sooner he signs the better for him in terms of security. He is already going to get a big deal, gambling to squeeze a few more pennies out of a generational contract would be dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    In the three years that Lamar has been in the league Dak Prescott has won 20 games and lost 17. Lamar has won 10 more and lost 10 less.

Yes but Prescott had Dallas by the short hairs with a deal needing to be done RIGHT NOW!

Jerry Jones might be a great business man but he blew this whole negotiation over the last 3 years. The whole thing could have been done for 4 years at $35 2-3 years ago without it all guaranteed but Jones insisted on 5 years. Now Dak got his shorter (get paid again sooner) contract and for more money, all of it guaranteed. AND after serious injury.

There is no good reason to wait because if you get into that "need a deal RIGHT NOW" territory the player has you. Somebody will pay him just as soon as you can so you lose a ton of leverage. In Jackson's case the Ravens could hold him for 3 more years and that waiting time isn't to Jackson's advantage.

Both sides should look to get this done this year.

Blog Entries

compare him to Rodgers ;-)

team wins is not a QB stat

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Davesta View Post
    What’s Dak’s contract? 40mil / yr?

Lamar should be alittle over that

Maybe but Dak's a better passer than Lamar Jackson though but we shall see. I guess it makes sense since he won the MVP award two years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'd rather get Lamar done before Allen or Mayfield.

Let the Ravens set the bar...don't let Mayfield or Allen set the bar.
    Agreed. The sooner the better in terms of value. I think the Browns will want to see more out of Mayfield before committing but getting the deal done before Allen should save the Ravens some cap space.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    compare him to Rodgers ;-)

team wins is not a QB stat
    If team wins is "not a QB stat" we should immediately enshrine Matthew Stafford in the Hall of Fame. This guy has all the stats in the world and has never won anything - PERIOD! Johnny Unitas use to say all the time "statistics are for losers". The most important thing in football is WINNING - and Lamar does it just about as well as anyone.

P.S. The most important QB statistic of all is "passing yards" and that requires the involvement of NON QUARTERBACKS - i.e. receivers. So if you are not going to judge a QB on wins (certainly a team activity) it doesn't seem fair to rate a QB on passing yards (something he can't achieve by himself)

Blog Entries

I'd make Lamar the highest paid player in the NFL. He deserves it - and to not do it is only to pinch pennies.
    I don't think it's going to take that to get him signed. Lamar has never said that he's looking to be the highest paid. Mahomes got his payday after winning the Super Bowl. Lamar knows that and should be taking less than Mahomes since he hasn't won a Super Bowl.

11. Re: Lamar Extension

Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    If Mayfield gets a similar contract to Lamar or Allen then the Browns are in a world of trouble, lol. He is not in their class of player.
    Agreed, but that's exactly why his camp will wait. They are going to squeeze what they can and they'll use Lamar and Allen as the barometer.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Lamar Extension

As my best/oldest friend is a licensed/master electrician, here's my view of an LJ extension :

LJ is electric and deserves every penny. I am so confident that he will lead the Ravens to our 3rd Super Bowl victory... Bc