Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamar Extension

Re: Lamar Extension

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    I think they should try to get 1 more cheap year out of him before they sign him to the block buster deal.
    He gets more and more expensive the more we wait.

I'd make Lamar the highest paid player in the NFL. He deserves it - and to not do it is only to pinch pennies.

Blog Entries

I think they should try to get 1 more cheap year out of him before they sign him to the block buster deal.
    Any contract for Lamar would likely be an extension to his current contract. So, it really wouldn’t make much of a difference. Either the Ravens have seen enough to know that they want him long term or they haven’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Any contract for Lamar would likely be an extension to his current contract. So, it really wouldn’t make much of a difference. Either the Ravens have seen enough to know that they want him long term or they haven’t.

Unless earning the contract is a huge motivation for your player (see Joe Flacco)

My guess is that Lamar doesn't sign. He is going to pull a Flacco and bet on himself. Barring injury his value won't drop.....Lamar is poised to have a monster year. You know he is going to get his yards rushing and they have done what they could to fix the passing game. He's worked hard........has little to lose. His value can only go up, why leave money on the table. God forbid he blows a knee......he still gets a contract and makes lifetime money. If he wins another MVP ( wanna bet against him?) and just makes a Super bowl he signs a contract that makes Maholmes contract look like yesterdays news.

Quote Originally Posted by ThankyouArt! View Post
    My guess is that Lamar doesn't sign. He is going to pull a Flacco and bet on himself. Barring injury his value won't drop.....Lamar is poised to have a monster year. You know he is going to get his yards rushing and they have done what they could to fix the passing game. He's worked hard........has little to lose. His value can only go up, why leave money on the table. God forbid he blows a knee......he still gets a contract and makes lifetime money. If he wins another MVP ( wanna bet against him?) and just makes a Super bowl he signs a contract that makes Maholmes contract look like yesterdays news.
    Mahomes has been to back to back Super Bowls and won one. Lamar can’t even make the afccg.

No chance he beats mahomes unless he wins the super bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Mahomes has been to back to back Super Bowls and won one. Lamar can’t even make the afccg.

No chance he beats mahomes unless he wins the super bowl.
    You better run Baldy! They gonna come for you with pitchforks and fire! Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    You better run Baldy! They gonna come for you with pitchforks and fire! Lmao

Hey Lax how ya doing brother?

Blog Entries

Really? I know you don’t want LJ to get injured; not implying that, but sadly waiting to offer a new contract is betting on a injury, that’s the single only thing that would increase the Ravens negotiating leverage and NOBODY wants that. There’s no reason to wait.
    Negotiate now, pay the man now, his future value will only increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    No way. Raven's got bit in the ass hard last time they left the door open for a QB to prove it. If the Ravens win the Super Bowl this year, Lamar will easily cost 20% more.
    No way possible, he’s not getting more than Mahomes either way but he’s not getting much less either. Ar most, we are talking 10% difference between $41m today or $45m next year after a SB...

Because of the pandemic, all three will wait until next year when cap space opens up and it makes a whole lot more sense. No reason to handicap your team to get a deal done a year too early for no gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post

But have they seen enough to throw away about $7-8m in cap space this year that they don’t have just to save $2k in cap space each of the next 4 years?

I mean if he’s going to sign for under $40m/yr sure... but he won’t so why not wait? I sont believe the number actually increases by waiting, no matter the outcome of the season. Even if he breaks his ankle a la Dak he will still get what he will get, which is damn close to a record breaking contract.

What’s Dak’s contract? 40mil / yr?

Lamar should be alittle over that