Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: A Minicamp Star is Born!

Maybe Victor is this years Tucker and Boykin is that other guy whose name I won’t mention

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Maybe Victor is this years Tucker and Boykin is that other guy whose name I won’t mention
    Well Tucker is an all time great at his position, but I guess WR is different, because more of those guys get drafted.

Meh, he has a long way to go before reaching Chris Moore status.

Camp heroes are fun to speculate on but like you pointed out... far more often than not they disappear into the background and never even reach the 53. At these mini-camp practices there's no pads and minimal press/physicality... they're focused on technique work and not getting anybody hurt, if he continues to shine once the pads come on then he'll grab my attention a bit more.

WR is just so tough to sneak onto the 53 right now. Hollywood, Bateman, Watkins, Wallace, Duvernay are all locks. He would have to beat out a guy like Boykin for a spot and I just don't see that happening because of the draft capital they have invested in him.

It's possible that he can make our PS or get signed to somebody else's active roster if he continues performing at a high level

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Camp heroes are fun to speculate on but like you pointed out... far more often than not they disappear into the background and never even reach the 53. At these mini-camp practices there's no pads and minimal press/physicality... they're focused on technique work and not getting anybody hurt, if he continues to shine once the pads come on then he'll grab my attention a bit more.

WR is just so tough to sneak onto the 53 right now. Hollywood, Bateman, Watkins, Wallace, Duvernay are all locks. He would have to beat out a guy like Boykin for a spot and I just don't see that happening because of the draft capital they have invested in him.

It's possible that he can make our PS or get signed to somebody else's active roster if he continues performing at a high level
    Yeah. With this WR group, there's not much opportunity for any UDFA heroes to make it on the roster.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Probably be another Derek Anderson. We'll waive him before Week 1 or try to sneak him onto the PS and he'll end up playing 14 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Probably be another Derek Anderson. We'll waive him before Week 1 or try to sneak him onto the PS and he'll end up playing 14 seasons.
    Darious Williams is another example of that. It happens

Still hard to wrap my head around Derek Anderson and Tyrod Taylor being Pro Bowlers while Joe Flacco wasn't (though he was offered one as a replacement and declined)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post

Still hard to wrap my head around Derek Anderson and Tyrod Taylor being Pro Bowlers while Joe Flacco wasn't (though he was offered one as a replacement and declined)
    Now that you mention it, that is kind of fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post

Tim Patrick also.

Victor has some talent for sure, but it’s so so nice that we’ve reached a point where we’re not now counting on this guy to be the real deal and not just a camp hero, as has happened so many times with so many WRs in the past

Scouting report definitely tracks with what I saw from him at OSU, when he made catches they were often spectacular but he just never put it all together and would disappear for long stretches at a time. Makes sense that he struggles with physicality. We’ll see if he’s able to keep this up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    And another 10 years of “I told ya so” threads.