Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Notes From Final Day of Mini Camp

Any news on what happened with the "try out" players, Jordan Ta'amu in particular, do they have separate workout/practice or work with the team?
    The workouts are not conducted with the media in attendance and they are usually separate from the OTA's.

I'm interested in what type of QB drills the QBs are doing...we hear a lot about the work Keith Williams/Tee Martin are doing w/ the WRs.....it would be cool to hear about the QB drills too
    Footwork; hit with pads when set in the pocket to disrupt timing; boots to the left and right.

Speaking of QBs.....I would like to hear about Lamar's arm action....how often is he throwing full sidearm in practice? etc...
    Also we hear about wobbles/drops but would also like to hear about velocity and ball placement/location
    During drills his arm action is normal. During scrimmaging he will drop down to sidearm if pursuit dictates it. Lamar will never spin it like Joe Flacco but his accuracy has improved and yesterday he had plenty of zip on the ball, even on throws outside the numbers.

Passing game....would like to hear about the emphasis in practice....slants, outs, corner routes, comeback routes or even if the focus is short/intermediate/deep
    We are prohibited from sharing tactical observations. Slants, outs, skinny posts, corners, 9's, the full route tree are all part of the repertoire. I can't say I've noticed comebacks but back shoulder throws are more common than in the past.

Also would like to hear about which group players are working with....i heard read somewhere that Bateman worked with the 2nd unit on Tuesday....which would put Hollywood and Watkins with the 1st unit? Same about the OL - heard/read that Phillips is playing both OTs spots and sometimes works in w/ Cleveland and Powers at LG
    All of that is true but we're prohibited from providing much in detail regarding the depth chart and when/where players are taking their reps. The Ravens run 12 & 13 personnel groupings and they'll run 5 wide with an empty backfield. I'm impressed by the varied looks in practice. Hopefully they'll bring that to the field of play on Sundays in September too.

Hope this helps.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I coulda had...

Well, not really, but you get the point... Bc
    Bc, where did you get a photo of my girlfriend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Bc, where did you get a photo of my girlfriend?
    LOL, from the boyfriend she had after you... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I coulda had...

Well, not really, but you get the point... Bc
    She doesn't deserve you

Blog Entries

Was Bateman back on the field or he is still missing time?

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    She doesn't deserve you
    She's probably airbrushed

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Thought for sure most of us old timers knew about that. By being a 6th rounder, i think damn near every NFL team has a draft night story where his name came up.
    What was it that happened with Redman? He fell out of a tree and broke his back or something right?

As far as Brady and similar to Ben, I often wonder if their trajectory would have been the same if the starter in front of them didn't get injured?
    Funny how the Jets initiated the Brady era and the Ravens initiated the Big Ben years.

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    That's actually true. Back in 2000 the Ravens wanted to draft a quarterback and as their 3rd round pick drew near, there was a discussion in the war room and most of it centered on Chris Redman. But there was one guy in the room making his case for Tom Brady. Obviously his argument wasn't strong enough to convince the room. The guy who lost the argument...Matt Cavanaugh.
    Damn that's cold

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Thought for sure most of us old timers knew about that. By being a 6th rounder, i think damn near every NFL team has a draft night story where his name came up.
    What was it that happened with Redman? He fell out of a tree and broke his back or something right?

As far as Brady and similar to Ben, I often wonder if their trajectory would have been the same if the starter in front of them didn't get injured?
    Funny how the Jets initiated the Brady era and the Ravens initiated the Big Ben years.
    Chris Redman was the 3rd QB drafted in 2000. The 4th QB drafted was Ravens coach Tee Martin. For a pretty mediocre QB class, outside of the GOAT, that 2000 draft is full of interesting nuggets