Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: OCMD boardwalk incident

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    On the flip side - is vaping that big of a deal? Is someone vaping outside on the boardwalk so problematic that it warrants escalation like that? Couldn't the police have just told the kid to go out on the beach if he wanted to vape or move off the boardwalk?

I dont know. I agree - the kid should know what the laws are and follow the laws...even something as dumb as don't exhale your flavored steam outside (lol). But the cops should also understand the situation.
    Flip side - No way the cops asked these kids to stop vaping on the boardwalk and they turn around and say oh my bad we will go off the boardwalk and do it and the cops then made the scene chaotic.
    Laws are put in place and the police are there to enforce those laws. That’s what they get paid to do. These punks wanted to mouth off and be cocky for the crowd and got tossed around for being douche bags.
    It’s like for years you couldn’t drink on the boardwalk and if you got caught you got in trouble. Is it a big deal if you aren’t messing with people? No but it’s a law and they enforce them. Problem is that these kids are taught because they’re black the law messes with them for that reason and that reason only and it’s bullshit.
    Excuses need to stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    Flip side - No way the cops asked these kids to stop vaping on the boardwalk and they turn around and say oh my bad we will go off the boardwalk and do it and the cops then made the scene chaotic.
    Laws are put in place and the police are there to enforce those laws. That’s what they get paid to do. These punks wanted to mouth off and be cocky for the crowd and got tossed around for being douche bags.
    It’s like for years you couldn’t drink on the boardwalk and if you got caught you got in trouble. Is it a big deal if you aren’t messing with people? No but it’s a law and they enforce them. Problem is that these kids are taught because they’re black the law messes with them for that reason and that reason only and it’s bullshit.
    Excuses need to stop.

Of course he turned around and started mouthing off. Most kids turn around and mouth off. It's what they do.

Also...it's vaping and it was outside and frankly looked to not be that busy - at least judging from the video. The police are being asked to help keep ocean city a "family" environment because that place has gone downhill in terms of general cleanliness, safety, and it's not really a family-minded environment anymore. The boardwalk is one of the worst offenders for this. That's why this vaping law even exists...because some Karen complained to the right person about how vaping negatively impacted her stroll along the boardwalk while she looked at all of the stupid merchandise for sale at Sunsations or whatever.

I'm not even really debating the kid breaking the law. Yes, he was breaking the law and the police were trying to enforce the law. I have an issue with the law in and of itself. It's a stupid law and puts cops in bad situations - such as this - when they could be spending more time on other things like the number of rapes and assaults that happen in OCMD every summer.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

OCPD's trash isn't worth bootlicking for.

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Ocean City cops can be a bit overzealous and power trippy. Many are young and right out of training and this is their first job and they are trying to prove something. That being said, downtown Ocean City has been going to hell for years. Used to be just some drug issues and theft, but now it's violent crime like assault, rape, and occasionally murder. The board walk is a shit show at night and they need to crack skulls to get it under control.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    Yeah, OC sucks now. It seems to have gotten as bad as Myrtle. I was there for the Cruisin weekend a few weeks back - by accident, I would never book to go on an event weekend - and was amazed at how shitty and trashy the place is now. People blaring their shitty music often with cursing up and down the boardwalk while other families are trying to enjoy their time. The smell of weed permeating the air everywhere you go (which I am not against...but as a stoner I never smoke in areas where families/kids are...). Fights, etc. It's def not the OC of my childhood. All the beach towns have gone way downhill. Cracking skulls isn't going to fix it, not at this point, too far gone. I came home saying we should have just gone to Williamsburg.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Of course he turned around and started mouthing off. Most kids turn around and mouth off. It's what they do.

Also...it's vaping and it was outside and frankly looked to not be that busy - at least judging from the video. The police are being asked to help keep ocean city a "family" environment because that place has gone downhill in terms of general cleanliness, safety, and it's not really a family-minded environment anymore. The boardwalk is one of the worst offenders for this. That's why this vaping law even exists...because some Karen complained to the right person about how vaping negatively impacted her stroll along the boardwalk while she looked at all of the stupid merchandise for sale at Sunsations or whatever.

I'm not even really debating the kid breaking the law. Yes, he was breaking the law and the police were trying to enforce the law. I have an issue with the law in and of itself. It's a stupid law and puts cops in bad situations - such as this - when they could be spending more time on other things like the number of rapes and assaults that happen in OCMD every summer.
    Ok and what happened to that kid? He got taught a lesson. Officer asks you to abide by the law and you do it without mouth and disrespect you walk away with no harm. Hell I bet if he shut his mouth and walked a block in a half he could have vaped again and nobody would have said anything. Like you said it’s vaping for Christ sake is it worth it to fight with cops over? Again the kids are punks.
    IDC if it’s vaping, taking a piss on the boardwalk or two people dry humping in front of the crowd if they ask you to stop because it’s their job then just stop.

As for you trying to say they shouldn’t worry about vaping and worry about the rapes and assaults that’s like saying why do traffic stops in Baltimore when there’s a half dozen shooting every day in that hell hole. The police are put on the boardwalk to try and keep OC the best they can if you act like a human being you’ll be fine. Act like an animal (this incident) then you should be dealt with.

On the flip side - is vaping that big of a deal? Is someone vaping outside on the boardwalk so problematic that it warrants escalation like that? Couldn't the police have just told the kid to go out on the beach if he wanted to vape or move off the boardwalk?

I don't know. I agree - the kid should know what the laws are and follow the laws...even something as dumb as don't exhale your flavored steam outside (lol). But the cops should also understand the situation.
    Vaping is not a big deal. But this is Maryland so what did he expect?

The kid was asked twice. Everyone else in his group that was vaping dispersed the first time they were reminded of the local ordinance but he "was seen to be vaping again" so they approached again and that's when he wouldn't show ID and "became disorderly".

Honestly. Take color out of it. How are these guys supposed to do their jobs if people won't obey simple warnings to stop doing something that's illegal.

Doesn't matter that we think vaping laws are dumb.

Broken windows policing works

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    You’re 100% correct. And I’ll even go as far as saying that some cops out there are racist. But guess what?!? There’s also black racist cops as well.
    The moron from the NAACP said this kind of force was only used and pointed at his arm and said he was the this color skin. Not that he told the cops their lives are done or that he wanted to fight them. I agree the knee to the ribs was a bit much but I can’t stand listening to people crying now about the taser. That situation had a chance to turn into a chaotic brawl with law enforcement the moment you put someone down for engagement with the police that makes others back off.

I’ve been going to OC for years I’m talking decades and I’ve seen police (white and black) rough of some white people down there.

The public perception for that culture is to fight back anytime they come in contact with the police and they want to be a big bad ass but once they get tossed around and a few bruises it’s brut force and brutality and the ultimate go to RACISM.
    Them boys got tossed around and tased because they’re punks. It had nothing to do with them being black.

And guess what, there are black racist criminals. And white racist dem leaders.

The AG gave a speech today and claimed that white supremacy is the number one threat to America. That is a racist comment from the Biden admin. And that racist comment will get many killed, and cost this country trillions of wasted money.

My knee jerk reaction to this was the police were right, the city of OC will enforce
    Laws and the priority should be to keep the boardwalk safe. But the sad reality is the racist dem leaders that run this state, would rather get media attention for a boogey man called white supremacy, as they watch the once great OCMD turn into a ghost town.

We have a condo in upper mid town. 40 units in this building. 10 years ago, every unit was packed from Memorial Day to sunfest. I was there last weekend. Two units had someone in town. 38 units were empty.

Blog Entries

NAACP threatening to boycott Ocean City.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Yeah, that's going to work.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    I guess boycott is the new code word for "riot".

We are almost post covid now.

The anonymity of masks was being cracked down on at protests prior to the plannedemic. I am wondering if that sh** will still fly.

I think people are fed up with this BS if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I guess boycott is the new code word for "riot".

We are almost post covid now.

The anonymity of masks was being cracked down on at protests prior to the plannedemic. I am wondering if that sh** will still fly.

I think people are fed up with this BS if you ask me.
    Serious question. Do they think that is actually going to hurt Ocean City Tourism? I mean actually boycotting and staying away, not rioting of course.

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Serious question. Do they think that is actually going to hurt Ocean City Tourism? I mean actually boycotting and staying away, not rioting of course.

In the past these things would get uncomfortable for politicians but there was not threat of violence. These things are accompanied now by bus loads of outside agitators in the form of little white left wing rioters. Then you have the true worry of a spectacle where your law enforcement has to try to contain that and further violence ensues and out dumb ass media act like the real issue is racism when it's not. It's marxism.

I've never thought the problem was with the black protestors but with the lunatic far left mostly white activists/loonies that embed themselves with them, masked up, black block inciting violence, arson, riots etc..

We'll see.