Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Free agent wishes...

I'd be interested in PJ Hall, assuming he is healthy.

Baltimore would be his first healthy organization.
    Could learn from our savvy vets.
    Could compete against some guys on the bubble.

Assuming he's healthy, it seems like no-risk/all-reward acquisition.

Blog Entries

Personally, I would like to sign Justin Houston as I feel he might be a major part of our defensive puzzle. Of course EDC is a patient man and awaits the environment that would bring in a veteran pass rusher at the reasonable price. If the two can meet then I think it might be good for J.H. to be on a team with championship aspirations, and for our Ravens to have such an experienced talent added to an already strong roster... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Cut/trade Ferg? How many times have we seen an OLB flourish year 4 and leave for big money, just so we can get the comp pick and do it all over? We’ve almost gotten to the reward and you wanna cut bait?
    We're going to get a 4th for Judon (A Pro Bowler), is there seriously any hope of Ferg even fetching a comp pick at all? There were 37 comps awarded in 2021, the notion of Ferg getting a contract in the top 40 highest paid just seems asinine.

OLB is a weakness on this roster. They have plenty of depth but questionable difference makers at the top of the depth chart. Bowser is a versatile but underwhelming pass rusher, Oweh is an unknown, McPhee is more of a run defender/edge setter, Ferg really doesn't do much of anything at a high level, Hayes is not ready to contribute in a tangible way this early.

I think it's really important for them to get a guy the caliber of Justin Houston in here and cut bait with the fodder where they can. We're in a Superbowl window, push the chips in a bit for an upgrade. I wouldn't cut Ferg, but if there's somebody who would flip us a late round pick for him i would be fine with that in order to free up a roster spot.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    We're going to get a 4th for Judon (A Pro Bowler), is there seriously any hope of Ferg even fetching a comp pick at all? There were 37 comps awarded in 2021, the notion of Ferg getting a contract in the top 40 highest paid just seems asinine.
    I am not going to claim he could get us a comp pick but he would need the 30ish highest contract AMONG THOSE OFF EXPIRED CONTRACTS. Players that are cut don't count.

If he gets something like 8 sacks and plays well against the run he could easily garner a big enough contract off the hope he is improving. You never know.

Calais Campbell says he might retire after this year and Derek Wolfe has pneumonia, so I am doubling down on my preference for Geno Atkins.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    Calais Campbell says he might retire after this year and Derek Wolfe has pneumonia, so I am doubling down on my preference for Geno Atkins.
    Is Geno cleared yet? I thought he was dealing with some injury issues? I thought they might take a swing at Sheldon Richardson, but I guess they know enough about him to say no thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post

OLB is a weakness on this roster. They have plenty of depth but questionable difference makers at the top of the depth chart. Bowser is a versatile but underwhelming pass rusher, Oweh is an unknown, McPhee is more of a run defender/edge setter, Ferg really doesn't do much of anything at a high level, Hayes is not ready to contribute in a tangible way this early.

I think it's really important for them to get a guy the caliber of Justin Houston in here and cut bait with the fodder where they can. We're in a Superbowl window, push the chips in a bit for an upgrade. I wouldn't cut Ferg, but if there's somebody who would flip us a late round pick for him i would be fine with that in order to free up a roster spot.
    Judon, ZaDarius, McPhee, Kruger just off the top of my head

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Judon, ZaDarius, McPhee, Kruger just off the top of my head
    Yeah if history repeats itself, we'll see a significant uptick in contribution from Ferg this year and then a monster year next season, just in time for him to go cash in somewhere else and net the Ravens a comp pick. If he looks like he's going the Tim Williams route, look for him to get cut or traded during final roster days. Best case scenario would be for him to look great this season and the Ravens lock him up for a moderate deal for a few years.

9. Re: Free agent wishes...

I agree. They need to think DL, and not just for 2021, but beyond, as Campbell and Williams both might be gone for 2022. Jurrell Casey is the one that most comes to mind, possibly making Williams a cap casualty in 2021, freeing space in 2022 (unless they offset by signing Houston). Casey is looking for a team and we might be it.

OLB reminds of the WR groups of yesteryear. A whole lot of developmental talent and very little proven difference makers, while Wink does blitz more than anybody in football.. it's hard to not have some early concerns about our ability to generate pressure with just 4. Bowser/McPhee are your proven vets and neither brings much juice purely as a pass rusher off the edge. Oweh is a wildcard and could bring some heat as a rookie, but it's a gamble to bank on that.

I really think they need to find a way to get Justin Houston on board. 8+ sacks for 4 consecutive seasons speaks for itself. It also takes the pressure off of Oweh to start right away. It makes a ton of sense, yet they are just logjammed at OLB.

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    DL is my biggest concern on this team right now.