Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Free agent wishes...

The problem with the Ravens these days is that we are well run with a good roster... which makes message board debates less interesting.

So here is a question: Is there anyone that anyone is still hoping for us to sign? And is there anyone we are hoping to sign after they are cut.

I am looking at Sheldon Richardson (as an alternative to Justin Houston) as a possible impact player but what do I know.

Blog Entries

Re: Free agent wishes...

They could use a veteran edge guy. Melvin Ingram or Justin Houston are most mentioned

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    The problem with the Ravens these days is that we are well run with a good roster... which makes message board debates less interesting.

So here is a question: Is there anyone that anyone is still hoping for us to sign? And is there anyone we are hoping to sign after they are cut.

I am looking at Sheldon Richardson (as an alternative to Justin Houston) as a possible impact player but what do I know.
    He has already been discussed on this board, but Justin Houston would be the only free agent I would want the Ravens to sign at this point. Not sure why that deal hasn’t been done yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Justin Houston gonna come up a lot lol

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    He has already been discussed on this board, but Justin Houston would be the only free agent I would want the Ravens to sign at this point. Not sure why that deal hasn’t been done yet.

I think the Ravens are waiting for training camp cuts to see who might shake loose and/or they are looking for Houston to lower his expectations.

ANYone who can reliably get 5 or ore sacks with reasonable hurries.
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

7. Re: Free agent wishes...

I would say Kawaan Short if he is healthy, but not sure of his status. If so, he'd be good depth.

Somebody in the front seven, perhaps even two. Houston or Ingram for EDGE.

I think the DL needs another guy to help an aging rotation. Add in another vet who's willing to play for less than he's used to. Geno Atkins, Jurrell Casey type guy. Then you can give all the over-30 guys some snap count relief.

I'm still hoping for Zach Ertz

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I think the Ravens are waiting for training camp cuts to see who might shake loose and/or they are looking for Houston to lower his expectations.
    This is where im at. Usually there are a decent amount of unexpected names cut that could make a difference for teams later in Training Camp, so i wouldnt be shocked if thats what the FO is waiting for.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Griffen, Everson
    Houston, Justin
    Ingram, Melvin
    Vernon, Olivier

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post

Around draft time, I think Houston was still trying to get $10 million per on a short contract.

Ravens don't want to pay that much. Not sure I would either. I think once it became apparent that he was looking for that much money, I would have tried for Ryan Kerrigan. We'll see what happens close to camp...whether Houston lowers his price/we find someone else/Houston finds a team willing to give him what he wants.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.