Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 61 to 72 of 85
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    20,042
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: How Anti Racism Hurts Black People - John McWhorter

    Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    Man goes on shooting spree... tells cops he was targeting white people because he hates them.

    bandc: It's not racism... he probably just needed a Snickers.
    "I support anyone's right to be who they want to be. My question is: to what extent do I have to participate in your self-image?" óDave Chappelle





  2. #62

    Re: How Anti Racism Hurts Black People - John McWhorter

    Quote Originally Posted by Drain Bamage View Post
    You used your own experience to support your argument that Black people are unfairly and disproportionately policed.
    Any chance you want to salvage some credibility and walk some of this back? I think the decision tree I made is looking pretty accurate.

    Q: Does my experience support the existence of institutional racism?
    If yes, explain it
    If no, avoid it





  3. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Western NC
    Posts
    3,687

    Re: How Anti Racism Hurts Black People - John McWhorter

    I'll just leave this here for the resident racist to consume. He knows who he is.

    https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/06...g-crt-1090925/





  4. #64

    Re: How Anti Racism Hurts Black People - John McWhorter

    Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    I'll just leave this here for the resident racist to consume. He knows who he is.

    https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/06...g-crt-1090925/
    LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I SWEAR that one little sentence about content of character is the anthem of coons and racists in this country. Y'all LOVE that line and act like it's the only thing mlk ever said, while completely ignoring the fact that his PRESCRIBED METHOD OF REACHING THOSE MEANS WAS THROUGH SOCIALISM. bruh I'm so tired of this white washed country we live in

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk





  5. #65

    Re: How Anti Racism Hurts Black People - John McWhorter

    @bandc
    Maybe this seems insignificant to you but to me this confirms your bias in black and white so even you can see. You only like information that tells you IR against blacks runs rampant in the US. This is shown in when you allow yourself to use your own personal experiences as evidence in certain situations (see decision tree).

    I don't care if I annoy you or anyone else beating this dead horse. What you do is so much worse. In a different time maybe it would be easier to find common ground. But your constant screaming about racism and love for CRT (which you have admitted) is too divisive not to call out especially when you only acknowledge the information you like.





  6. #66

    Re: How Anti Racism Hurts Black People - John McWhorter

    Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    It's even sadder that people here still respond to you.
    Should his brainwashed takes not be refuted? It would be fitting to see the weekly topics go without a single reply but that's a fragile opportunity.

    Isn't there a point where creating the same topic over and over is considered spamming or at least justify merging? With that in mind I've jumped over to this thread instead





  7. #67

    Re: How Anti Racism Hurts Black People - John McWhorter

    Quote Originally Posted by Drain Bamage View Post
    Any chance you want to salvage some credibility and walk some of this back? I think the decision tree I made is looking pretty accurate.

    Q: Does my experience support the existence of institutional racism?
    If yes, explain it
    If no, avoid it
    What are you talking about?? I used that experience solely to refer to me not going places where I'm not welcome. The times I have been hemmed up by police is when I was in racist places like Hagerstown. I specially said that I don't go where I don't have any business. In Baltimore city, I've never had any trouble, but as soon as I have to go to places like Frederick and Hagerstown, the cops come out like roaches. That's just my experience.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk





  8. #68

    Re: How Anti Racism Hurts Black People - John McWhorter

    Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I SWEAR that one little sentence about content of character is the anthem of coons and racists in this country. Y'all LOVE that line and act like it's the only thing mlk ever said, while completely ignoring the fact that his PRESCRIBED METHOD OF REACHING THOSE MEANS WAS THROUGH SOCIALISM. bruh I'm so tired of this white washed country we live in

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Judge men by their character. --MLK

    People who judge men by their character are coons. --bandc





  9. #69

    Re: How Anti Racism Hurts Black People - John McWhorter

    Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    What are you talking about?? I used that experience solely to refer to me not going places where I'm not welcome. The times I have been hemmed up by police is when I was in racist places like Hagerstown. I specially said that I don't go where I don't have any business. In Baltimore city, I've never had any trouble, but as soon as I have to go to places like Frederick and Hagerstown, the cops come out like roaches. That's just my experience.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Are you sure it wasn't in any way used to further your argument that police are unfair? You argue that to be true in this thread and even point it out again there, but in this instance you took a break to point out you know your way around town. No further implications intended beyond that, not even when you say the racist town police bothered you irl. Hmmm





  10. #70

    Re: How Anti Racism Hurts Black People - John McWhorter

    Quote Originally Posted by Drain Bamage View Post
    Are you sure it wasn't in any way used to further your argument that police are unfair? You argue that to be true in this thread and even point it out again there, but in this instance you took a break to point out you know your way around town. No further implications intended beyond that, not even when you say the racist town police bothered you irl. Hmmm
    Nope, several times owknows asked me if I would take my family in Baltimore city, and I replied with my experiences there and other places. I've had a close friend chased by a dude carrying a knife with swastika tattoos, while I've simultaneously never had anything happen to me in the city. I guess it's just my luck

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk





  11. #71

    Re: How Anti Racism Hurts Black People - John McWhorter

    Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Nope, several times owknows asked me if I would take my family in Baltimore city, and I replied with my experiences there and other places. I've had a close friend chased by a dude carrying a knife with swastika tattoos, while I've simultaneously never had anything happen to me in the city. I guess it's just my luck

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Is your friend named Jussie Smollett?





  12. #72

    Re: How Anti Racism Hurts Black People - John McWhorter

    Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Is your friend named Jussie Smollett?
    Lol none of my friends are rich enough to call the cops for clout

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site