Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: How Anti Racism Hurts Black People - John McWhorter

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Lol that may be the case however, the point is that regardless of crime, black people are policed way harder whether or not they commit crimes at the same level or less than every other race. End of story. That is structural racism.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Sooo... are you suggesting perhaps that police treat violent crime more seriously than other crime?

Would seem reasonable to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    Sooo... are you suggesting perhaps that police treat violent crime more seriously than other crime?

Would seem reasonable to expect.
    https://norml.org/marijuana/fact-she...juana-arrests/

Take that for data. Structural racism. Don't be ignorant to the truth around you.

Lmaoooo bruh, I LITERALLY hooped in east Baltimore city AT PLAYGROUNDS until well after college and moved. How you goin tell me where I been?

Bruh... you don't stroll your family through the sketchy parts of Baltimore after dark.

And you'd have no problem doing that in the Suburbs.

I don't expect you to admit it... you have no real credibility.

It's ok... they know.

Bruh... you don't stroll your family through the sketchy parts of Baltimore after dark.

And you'd have no problem doing that in the Suburbs.

I don't expect you to admit it... you have no real credibility.

It's ok... they know.
    Lmaooo I don't take my family anywhere after dark unless I got business there lol...cmon bro...my mom sold hella homes in Baltimore City when I was young and took us to pretty much all her open houses to help set up....I'm still here...I don't go where I don't have business. When I go with a purpose, everything turns out well

Lmaooo I don't take my family anywhere after dark unless I got business there lol...cmon bro...my mom sold hella homes in Baltimore City when I was young and took us to pretty much all her open houses to help set up....I'm still here...I don't go where I don't have business. When I go with a purpose, everything turns out well

Twist... dive... roll.. squirm... twist again..

And the funny part is that you think you've been successful.

That you've nimbly evaded the question with half-truths and semi-rationalizations.

It's probably the same reason you buy most of the nonsense you gobble up from the leftist media.

No value is placed on truth any more. Value is placed on the dexterity with which the truth is evaded.

You're attempting through misdirection to evade some simple truths here. Young Black Men are disproportionately both the victims and the perpetrators of violent crime. This results in American Cities that are unsafe for everyone. These things are truths. But for you (who are attempting to shade the truth) they are unpleasant truths. So you attempt to obfuscate them with hand-waving and misdirection.

And you sacrifice your credibility in the process. Because no one... not even you... believes your nonsense.

I'm sure there's a reason that it's fine but I notice from this post that sometimes your personal anecdote is relevant, sometimes it is not.

Twist... dive... roll.. squirm... twist again..

And the funny part is that you think you've been successful.

That you've nimbly evaded the question with half-truths and semi-rationalizations.

It's probably the same reason you buy most of the nonsense you gobble up from the leftist media.

No value is placed on truth any more. Value is placed on the dexterity with which the truth is evaded.

You're attempting through misdirection to evade some simple truths here. Young Black Men are disproportionately both the victims and the perpetrators of violent crime. This results in American Cities that are unsafe for everyone. These things are truths. But for you (who are attempting to shade the truth) they are unpleasant truths. So you attempt to obfuscate them with hand-waving and misdirection.

And you sacrifice your credibility in the process. Because no one... not even you... believes your nonsense.
    Bruh I don't go anywhere I don't have business. I've had the cops called twice on me (and my brother detained, my other friend got chased by a guy with a knife) in all white neighborhoods while selling books. I've never had any trouble whatsoever in the hood. My reality is not yours.

There's a reason why certain places are "sundown towns" for certain folk even though the place is usually crime free.

Quote Originally Posted by Drain Bamage View Post
    I'm sure there's a reason that it's fine but I notice from this post that sometimes your personal anecdote is relevant, sometimes it is not.
    He asked about my personal experience and so I gave him an anecdote about what I've experienced

He asked about my personal experience and so I gave him an anecdote about what I've experienced

Does this one work in this situation?

So if one Jew never faced the wrath of the nazis, their story invalidates the millions of others?

Quote Originally Posted by Drain Bamage View Post
    Does this one work in this situation?
    Yes if that was your experience. He asked what I would do, and I told him what I would do.

Yes if that was your experience. He asked what I would do, and I told him what I would do.

Under your terms your own experience with success can't / shouldn't be used to suggest the US is possibly not that racist. But if you can disprove the dangers of Baltimore (I think that's where it's kinda going) your experience is now becomes relevant.

Is this not a bit inconsistent?

*Gets asked what about your experience*

Q: Does my experience support the existence of institutional racism?
    If yes, explain it
    If no, avoid it

That's what I see. Correct me if I'm wrong.