Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

How Anti Racism Hurts Black People - John McWhorter

Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

2. Re: How Anti Racism Hurts Black People - John McWhorter

Great video. Thanks for posting.

Re: How Anti Racism Hurts Black People - John McWhorter

Next video - How Emancipation from Slavery Hurt Black People. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Fake news. The left is pushing racism. Not “anti racism”

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    What are your feelings about McWhorter and what he's saying here in this video.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    What are your feelings about McWhorter and what he's saying here in this video.
    Probably didn't watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Probably didn't watch it.
    Good strategy imo. No input from opposition usually guarantees death of thread. And a decent angle of mockery - nothing to do with the subject but hey you can put lol after it.

Not sure what their views are btw but seems like you might have a clue.

For shits and giggles, I watch his show on YouTube with Glenn Loury from time to time. He's very articulate, well-read, well-spoken, and and he makes some interesting points from time to time, but he's basically just a more sophisticated, polished, academic version of Candace Owens, Brandon Tatum, the Hodge twins, etc. He is a character whose job it is to analyze black American society for alt-light types and provide intellectualized anti-black talking points ("What about black on black crime?" - "13/50" - "70% oF blAcK cHilDrEn R bOrN oUt oF wEdLoCk" - "tHeRe aRe MoRe bLaCk MeN iN jAiL tHaN iN coLleGe!" - "Chicago! Baltimore! Saint Louis!", "ThInGz WeRe WoRsE 4 uS pre-CiViL rIgHtZ eRa" etc. He's not breaking any new ground, Thomas Sowell already corned the market on the whole Black Pathology for Whites 101 course. His whole argument in this video is just illogical, generic whataboutism that you will find on any Ben Shapiro, PragerU, Turning Point blog posting. As a black millennial, I think John McWhorter is somewhat of dinosaur - and it's not just a black conservative thing - many of these black academic types - from Thomas Sowell, to McWhorter, to Michael Eric Dyson, and Cornell West - hold these boomerized views that are obsolete in a 21st Century economy....these guys can academically tell you everthing that is wrong but I never see them actually proposing any solutions, just repeating old arguments, telling us things we already know, so I question their usefulness... I could say more, but I don't think you'd understand my POV...but that's it for now.

For shits and giggles, I watch his show on YouTube with Glenn Loury from time to time. He's very articulate, well-read, well-spoken, and and he makes some interesting points from time to time, but he's basically just a more sophisticated, polished, academic version of Candace Owens, Brandon Tatum, the Hodge twins, etc. He is a character whose job it is to analyze black American society for alt-light types and provide intellectualized anti-black talking points ("What about black on black crime?" - "13/50" - "70% oF blAcK cHilDrEn R bOrN oUt oF wEdLoCk" - "tHeRe aRe MoRe bLaCk MeN iN jAiL tHaN iN coLleGe!" - "Chicago! Baltimore! Saint Louis!", "ThInGz WeRe WoRsE 4 uS pre-CiViL rIgHtZ eRa" etc. He's not breaking any new ground, Thomas Sowell already corned the market on the whole Black Pathology for Whites 101 course. His whole argument in this video is just illogical, generic whataboutism that you will find on any Ben Shapiro, PragerU, Turning Point blog posting. As a black millennial, I think John McWhorter is somewhat of dinosaur - and it's not just a black conservative thing - many of these black academic types - from Thomas Sowell, to McWhorter, to Michael Eric Dyson, and Cornell West - hold these boomerized views that are obsolete in a 21st Century economy....these guys can academically tell you everthing that is wrong but I never see them actually proposing any solutions, just repeating old arguments, telling us things we already know, so I question their usefulness... I could say more, but I don't think you'd understand my POV...but that's it for now.
    Interesting. So nothing he said is incorrect?

Quote Originally Posted by Drain Bamage View Post
    Interesting. So nothing he said is incorrect?
    I wasn’t that impressed with what he said, its modernized, melanated and regurgitated white backlash talking points from the 60s mixed with a little late 90s, early 00s American Renaissance comment section commentary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Re: How Anti Racism Hurts Black People - John McWhorter

I guess since he doesn't offer a solution, it's all garbage. That's an easy way out of anyone actually taking responsibility. How convenient that must be. Maybe the only solution could be it has to be done from the inside out. Oh wait....maybe that's already been said, so it's trash. You know....white talking points.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    I guess since he doesn't offer a solution, it's all garbage. That's an easy way out of anyone actually taking responsibility. How convenient that must be. Maybe the only solution could be it has to be done from the inside out. Oh wait....maybe that's already been said, so it's trash. You know....white talking points.
    White backlash talking points*

This is old stuff:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...rticle/611914/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk