Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Todd Gurley visit

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    Gurley left Baltimore without a contract. I trust the FO wouldn't overpay for him, so either Gurley has/had unrealistic expectations, Gurley decided to continue testing the waters, or the FO wasn't that interested in him.
    Good. Why would a team with JK and Gus want to bring in Gurley? At this stage, the best you can say about him is that he might not be completely done.

Let a team who's struggling for RB talent take that gamble. All the Ravens need at RB3 is Hill or (preferably) a UDFA.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    One thing Gurley does provide is a receiving option in the backfield. Both Gus and Dobbins really haven't shown much in that regard.

People need to stop talking about Hill he can't play.
    News & Notes: J.K. Dobbins Will Be More Involved in Passing Game
    Jun 08, 2021 at 06:28 PM

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...n-passing-game

" As Dobbins enters Year 2 as a primary back in the Ravens' backfield, he'll see more passes thrown his way as Baltimore's passing attack continues to evolve.

"One of the main points of emphasis has been to involve our running backs in the passing game more," Head Coach John Harbaugh said. "J.K, obviously, is going to be a focal point in that."

Dobbins caught 18 of 24 targets for 120 yards last season. "

... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post

" As Dobbins enters Year 2 as a primary back in the Ravens' backfield, he'll see more passes thrown his way as Baltimore's passing attack continues to evolve.

"One of the main points of emphasis has been to involve our running backs in the passing game more," Head Coach John Harbaugh said. "J.K, obviously, is going to be a focal point in that."

... Bc
    But... but... but... 4 were drops!

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Good. Why would a team with JK and Gus want to bring in Gurley? At this stage, the best you can say about him is that he might not be completely done.

Let a team who's struggling for RB talent take that gamble. All the Ravens need at RB3 is Hill or (preferably) a UDFA.
    1000% Gurley is not a 3rd down back. He is not a dynamic runner anymore. Justice Hill, despite his lack of opportunity or production at this point, is a better option as a 3rd down back. His skillet fits the role. Gurley's does not. He's just a name at this point.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post

... Bc
    Which is great but JK really doesn't have much experience catching the football either in college or at the NFL level. Gus isn't much of a receiving threat either. Hill is a straight up bust.

Having Gurley really would give us an option at RB in passing situations but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen with him leaving without a deal.

Hill is fine as RB3, he's a good special teamer and you want that from said roster position. If someone beats him out it'll likely be Ty'Son Williams, who is quite talented but had a spotty college career due to depth charts and injuries.

I would like this just to see what he has left in the tank. Having both Dobbins and Edwards makes me wonder what's the point unless they think TG can outshine them both

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    I would like this just to see what he has left in the tank. Having both Dobbins and Edwards makes me wonder what's the point unless they think TG can outshine them both
    It's the name effect. When you hear Todd Gurley you can't help but picture him at his best, and that probably goes for EDC too, but in reality what he's been for the last couple of years is a low end RB2/3 with serious injury concerns. I don't think anyone would be asking the Ravens to bring in a player like that if he had a different name.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    If they’re paying for the name brand then yeah, there’s no point. If he’s not going to pull a significant contract then he should certainly be an upgrade over what we got from Ingram last year.

It's the name effect. When you hear Todd Gurley you can't help but picture him at his best, and that probably goes for EDC too, but in reality what he's been for the last couple of years is a low end RB2/3 with serious injury concerns. I don't think anyone would be asking the Ravens to bring in a player like that if he had a different name.
    I would hope we can trust EDC not to be brainwashed by his name. If basic ass fans like us can see he’s on the decline I’d hope one of the best executives in the NFL can do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    I would hope we can trust EDC not to be brainwashed by his name. If basic ass fans like us can see he’s on the decline I’d hope one of the best executives in the NFL can do the same.
    That's funny. But idiotic

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    Last I heard his knee was bone on bone. He has had a lot of miles put on him. I understand backs want to be the featured back, hoping for that big contract but most just get used up and sent down the road. His best days are behind him. Let’s not be the Os of the early 90’s picking up every released pitcher hoping he can win for us.
    Somebody on twitter posted this and said "Todd Gurley if he signs with the Ravens..."

https://twitter.com/i/status/1403000078676029440