Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Todd Gurley visit

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Ooooh I thought you meant the deal was done.

Yeah I tend to agree with you.
    My guess is he either still lives in the area or has family nearby and him and his agent figured might as well try to drum up some interest while he's in town. But sure, as a 3rd option if the team were to move on from Justice Hill - I doubt he'd be much better or worse. I remember back when he first signed his mega deal there was some talk that he had a degenerative knee condition or arthritis or something like that and thinking wow, the Rams really fucked up signing him to that contract. I think his production fell off a cliff after that...and also after the league figured out to just wait until the headset was off to show Jared Goff what defense they were in.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    I mean his career is done. He has nothing left
    He's had 21 TDs the past 2 years. He's done as a featured runner, can't run to the outside anymore, but can still be an effective inside runner, especially in this scheme and he can catch. He's clearly an upgrade over Hill. He's not getting paid anymore, but he may want to win.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Todd Gurley visit

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    I corrected myself I meant Ben Mason lol
    LOL ice, we all make them from time-to-time... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    LOL ice, we all make them from time-to-time... Bc
    Too many damn Ben's lol

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Last I heard his knee was bone on bone. He has had a lot of miles put on him. I understand backs want to be the featured back, hoping for that big contract but most just get used up and sent down the road. His best days are behind him. Let’s not be the Os of the early 90’s picking up every released pitcher hoping he can win for us.

Man how the fcuk can you have arthritis in your 30s? Hopefully he didn’t blow his money

Capable or not, 4 RBs didn’t work out great for us last year and I’d worry that Gurley would be this year’s Ingram - washed and taking snaps from two clearly more capable RBs.
    I’d much rather stick with the three players we have and spend the $$ on a vet pass rusher.

Quote Originally Posted by HanktheRIPPER View Post
    Man how the fcuk can you have arthritis in your 30s? Hopefully he didn’t blow his money
    Try 20's...Gurley is only 26 (which seems absurd to me, but it is what it is).

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    Last I heard his knee was bone on bone. He has had a lot of miles put on him. I understand backs want to be the featured back, hoping for that big contract but most just get used up and sent down the road. His best days are behind him. Let’s not be the Os of the early 90’s picking up every released pitcher hoping he can win for us.
    It is looking like the committee approach is best for everyone. I just wish that Justice Hill were an actual NFL level player. Having three heads to the monster is preferable over 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Re: Todd Gurley visit

Gurley left Baltimore without a contract. I trust the FO wouldn't overpay for him, so either Gurley has/had unrealistic expectations, Gurley decided to continue testing the waters, or the FO wasn't that interested in him.

Let him play a lot early in the season. Keep the treads on Gus and JK fresh for the stretch.

One thing Gurley does provide is a receiving option in the backfield. Both Gus and Dobbins really haven't shown much in that regard.

People need to stop talking about Hill he can't play.