Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Todd Gurley visit

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Don’t know who Ben Foster is but if Justice Hill is gonna make the team it’s probably going to have to be as a ST player a la Chris Moore with or without Gurley
    Hill is already a special teams guy he is on all teams is a gunner and returner. Ben Foster is the 5 rd pick this year who is like Ricard who is a short yardage runner but they also have him listed as TE so we will see how it shakes out

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Some on here have already mentioned but fresh legs in a better scheme and not having to be the feature back is probably the best takeaway from Ravens kicking the tires on Gurley. He's still a TD monster the last two years. Can't hurt and probably won't cost much.

Still holding out hope for Justin Houston though
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    Hill is already a special teams guy he is on all teams is a gunner and returner. Ben Foster is the 5 rd pick this year who is like Ricard who is a short yardage runner but they also have him listed as TE so we will see how it shakes out

Ben Mason, not Foster.

Thanks for the corrections to many damn Ben's lol

Oh, Ben Mason. Yeah, I don’t think this really affects him either. The only way I see him being active this year is if Ricard is hurt or moves to DL (which wouldn’t surprise me). Otherwise I think Mason is stubbing his toe and landing on IR.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    He’s had a low YPA the last two years with teams still trying to use him as their feature back in what were otherwise mediocre offenses. Behind this OL, in this scheme, keeping his legs fresh behind Dobbins and Gus, I think he could definitely still be a valuable player.
    Right. With the tread on Gurley's legs and the decline he's gone through these last few years, he's not a feature guy anymore, but he should be able to be a role player behind Dobbins and Gus.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Just read that Gurley had 25 catches on 34 targets last year so this fits with the Ravens MO to get their RBs more involved in the passing game
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Just read that Gurley had 25 catches on 34 targets last year so this fits with the Ravens MO to get their RBs more involved in the passing game
    Obviously those days are gone but his career high season in receiving yards is higher than Hollywood Brown’s. Dude can definitely be helpful in the passing game.

Blog Entries

His legs are shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Gurley is looking to get paid. He's not trying to get on a team for a league minimum deal. It looked like he was going to the Lions but they couldn't agree on money. I know the Ravens have paid for some vets recently but I can't see them paying up for Gurley

Could be that it would take more money to make him go play in Detroit than it would to get him to come to a team that’s one of the top contenders to win a SB. If he’s looking for a sizeable contract though then this is no more than a favor to him/his agent. Cause both sides know he’s not getting that here.

Would anyone spend big money on a running back whose days as a starter are clearly behind him?
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco