Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1. Todd Gurley visit

He is visiting Baltimore today. Thoughts? Would you take a shot at him for the right price? Or just pass?

He is a Baltimore native at least

Re: Todd Gurley visit

Interesting

I don't think that he'll be anything more than a camp body, if he gets signed at all, but if he somehow makes it onto the roster, the Ravens would have one of the scariest backfields with Lamar and the three headed monster of Dobbins, Edwards, and Gurley. Although it's quite the fall for Gurley, going from All-Pro to trying to make it as a back up before he's 27.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

He's a name. Not sure how good he is anymore.

Gurley averaged 3.5 YPC last season, and 3.8 the year before...definitely not what you're looking for.

I'm not sure what kind of contract Gurley could expect, but I'd rather use that money for Justin Houston, who is still productive, at a position with a lot more ??? on this roster.

Blog Entries

Baltimore native. Has a Ricky Williams / McGahee feel to it. Quality veteran depth, pass game sub.

I would not be surprised if they add him

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Thoughts from Falcons fan... Wear and tear on his body is severe. Still has value in certain packages?

https://boards.atlantafalcons.com/to...mment-12192251

Blog Entries

They're going to look at anyone they think can help them and despite his downturn the guy still has 21 TDs over the past 2 years. He can also catch the ball which we've heard the past two weeks is a big thing the team has been working on.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Only positive thing I can think of is that Gurley needs a lot of rest in order to utilize whatever juice he has left in his legs and he'd be the 3rd guy here. So if he has anything left, this would be the best spot for him...he'd have spot duty, and probably a lot of lanes to run due to the system and having the threat of Lamar back there with him.

I'd give him a shot at the min, but I doubt he'd make it to our 53.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

9. Re: Todd Gurley visit

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Only positive thing I can think of is that Gurley needs a lot of rest in order to utilize whatever juice he has left in his legs and he'd be the 3rd guy here. So if he has anything left, this would be the best spot for him...he'd have spot duty, and probably a lot of lanes to run due to the system and having the threat of Lamar back there with him.

I'd give him a shot at the min, but I doubt he'd make it to our 53.
    I’m not sure. Sometimes when your back is against the wall you out perform others. It will be interesting. How confident is he to get a offer anywhere else? We are the Navy of the NFL triple option everyone gets a turn lol

Question would be what does it mean for Justice Hill and Ben Mason

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by iceman43; 06-10-2021 at 11:31 AM.

He’s had a low YPA the last two years with teams still trying to use him as their feature back in what were otherwise mediocre offenses. Behind this OL, in this scheme, keeping his legs fresh behind Dobbins and Gus, I think he could definitely still be a valuable player.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    Question would be what does it mean for Justice Hill and Ben Foster

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Don’t know who Ben Foster is but if Justice Hill is gonna make the team it’s probably going to have to be as a ST player a la Chris Moore with or without Gurley