Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Re: Todd Gurley visit

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I think he's just trying to get some interest so he can press the Lions to pay a little more. If there are 2 teams showing interest the agent can try and make a case for more. It doesn't always work as Dez Bryant found out but that's what I think is going on
    Most likely. No room in the Inn here: 1st string, Dobbins & Edwards. 2nd string would be Hill (for Dobbins) Ricard/Mason for Edwards. If the Ravens don't feel good about Dobbins/Hill as receivers out of the backfield come camp, they can find a serviceable, "pass ready" FA @ a lower price.

I think it was just an EDC kick the tires thing as well as a chance for the staff to see what kind of shape he's in and if he's open to signing here as a role player. If they sign a guy like Gurley, it would mean they see something he offers that the rb group is currently lacking OR there was an unexpected injury.

Also, Gurley is repped by Ari Nissim. He just recently broke off from RocNation and started his own agency. Looks like maybe a Jerry McGuire type "all in on my best client" push for Gurley. He also reps Melvin Gordon I believe so something to keep an eye on. And on his instagram page, his kid is rocking Ravens gear so there may be some other connections behind the scenes. Also a pic on there of him and Ronnie Stanley.
    Last edited by Rygar64; 06-11-2021 at 12:09 PM. Reason: last name correction

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    If theyíre paying for the name brand then yeah, thereís no point. If heís not going to pull a significant contract then he should certainly be an upgrade over what we got from Ingram last year.
    My initial thoughts are what does Gurley as an RB3 bring to the table at this stage that Dobbins/Edwards don't already bring. I can't imagine a name like Todd Gurley would be simply for depth.. or at least the fan in me wants to get excited for something more.

The injury history doesn't concern me a whole lot because how many carries would he even get? 10 at the most, if that. Unless it's a game where he's totally taking over.

4. Re: Todd Gurley visit

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    I would hope we can trust EDC not to be brainwashed by his name. If basic ass fans like us can see heís on the decline Iíd hope one of the best executives in the NFL can do the same.
    I don't think he'll be fooled by the name for a minute.
    I just meant that the same, understandable, feeling that Culex had that he wants to see if he's still Todd Gurley probably effects coaches and GMs too, so when he wants to come in for a visit they can't resist kicking the tires.
    Boykin, Miles....the tiger in tall grass

Quote Originally Posted by HanktheRIPPER View Post
    Man how the fcuk can you have arthritis in your 30s? Hopefully he didnít blow his money
    It does happen,I had surgery on my hip at 25 because of arthritis. No injury to it I was playing overseas at the time just a fluke thing and it was only in my hip

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by iceman43; 06-12-2021 at 03:46 AM.

The Lions are the only other team interested in him at this time. Might just be a negotiating ploy by his agent.

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    The Lions are the only other team interested in him at this time. Might just be a negotiating ploy by his agent.
    Well he should know we don't get into bidding wars

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    Gurley really did visit, so no.

Heads up, per Twitter, Sun. afternoon.

@TG3II is grateful for something. But what?

https://twitter.com/TG3II/status/140...404695043?s=19

BS

Blog Entries

Thumbs down Re: Todd Gurley visit

For anyone who thinks the Ravens need another veteran RB, here's one that's available :

Le'Veon Bell apologizes for public comment about Kansas City Chiefs coach Andy Reid, but does not 'regret at all what I said' :

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...egret-all-said

" I said what I said & I don’t regret at all what I said...for those who have a PERSONAL PROBLEM with me because of what I SAID, that’s fine...you have your right! just understand I ALSO have MY RIGHT for how I feel about MY PERSONAL problem with dude because of what HE SAID to me "

Let's see now, he has alienated the Steelers, Jets, and Chiefs. Yes the Chiefs, the team that has been to the last two Super Bowls and has a 2020 ring as NFL Champions.

Maybe his 4th AFC team will be a charm? C'mon Mr. DeCosta, get 'er done... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    For anyone who thinks the Ravens need another veteran RB, here's one that's available :

Le'Veon Bell apologizes for public comment about Kansas City Chiefs coach Andy Reid, but does not 'regret at all what I said' :

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...egret-all-said

" I said what I said & I donít regret at all what I said...for those who have a PERSONAL PROBLEM with me because of what I SAID, thatís fine...you have your right! just understand I ALSO have MY RIGHT for how I feel about MY PERSONAL problem with dude because of what HE SAID to me "

Let's see now, he has alienated the Steelers, Jets, and Chiefs. Yes the Chiefs, the team that has been to the last two Super Bowls and has a 2020 ring as NFL Champions.

Maybe his 4th AFC team will be a charm? C'mon Mr. DeCosta, get 'er done... Bc
    Dude has been mailing it in sicne he left Pittsburgh. Perhaps there is a Jet-Ski gig he can oversee with his money from the NFL. RBs that have been irrelevant for three years, don't suddendly find it. Too many blunts on the way to the airport...

Lol at Bell. He's only screwing himself...there are a ton of Andy Reid disciples throughout the league. Some dudes just don't know when to shut the hell up.
    "Put your goggles on, 'cause there's gonna be blood and guts everywhere!" - SSSr