Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: OTA: Notes From June 8

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    I don't think Powers makes the team after the Schofield signing.
    I think he might just make it because you can get away with Bredeson in the PS (but not Powers), but he's a slow starter for sure, every.fucking.year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Jimmy Smith's tricked out cleats worn at practice yesterday...

That is really cool. Jimmy loves being a Raven.

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Jimmy Smith's tricked out cleats worn at practice yesterday...

Oooooooh nice

Quote Originally Posted by Valhain View Post
    I think he might just make it because you can get away with Bredeson in the PS (but not Powers), but he's a slow starter for sure, every.fucking.year.
    Two reasons why I think Bredeson makes it over Powers: one, Bredeson plays C while Powers is G only; and two, Bredeson has an extra year on his rookie contract. I think TCC may end up back on the PS.

9 OL to make 8 (because of the new rules starting last season)

Stanley
    Cleveland
    Bozeman
    Zeitler
    Villanueva

Mekari
    Phillips
    Schofield
    Bredeson
    ------
    James (IR)
    TCC (PS?)
    Powers (cut or traded)

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    That is really cool. Jimmy loves being a Raven.
    Him, JT, Sam Koch and Anthony Levine are the only players still here from the 2012 roster.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Two reasons why I think Bredeson makes it over Powers: one, Bredeson plays C while Powers is G only; and two, Bredeson has an extra year on his rookie contract. I think TCC may end up back on the PS.

9 OL to make 8 (because of the new rules starting last season)

Stanley
    Cleveland
    Bozeman
    Zeitler
    Villanueva

Mekari
    Phillips
    Schofield
    Bredeson
    ------
    James (IR)
    TCC (PS?)
    Powers (cut or traded)
    Maybe.
    I don't think they'll go with such an inexperienced guy like Bredeson at C if Bozeman fails/gets injured though. They'll go back to Mekari/TCC who are well known quantities.

Problem with Powers is, you can't hide him in the PS. Trade candidate yes, but cut him just because Bredeson has one extra cheap year over him? I don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by EdReed4HOF View Post
    Him, JT, Sam Koch and Anthony Levine are the only players still here from the 2012 roster.
    LOL, right? They are the only 4 that could wear those cleats. Crazy how time flies.

Blog Entries

TL do you know if they are having any negotiations with Andrews? From all I've heard and read I think he's going to have a monster season and that means more $$$ next year.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by EdReed4HOF View Post
    Pernell McPhee went away for a while, but he is here, too. An odd career, except for one year or so in Chicago, he has been playing the best ball of his career with us - at the beginning and again toward the end when he has been very affordable.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    TL do you know if they are having any negotiations with Andrews? From all I've heard and read I think he's going to have a monster season and that means more $$$ next year.
    Mark Andrews is excited about the expansion of the passing attack and offensive upgrades :

https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/20...es-josh-oliver

" Andrews was a victim of his own success last year after breaking out with a Pro Bowl season in 2019. Since he established himself as one of the premier pass-catching tight ends in the league in his second year, opposing teams paid a lot more attention to him in his third, especially with Hayden Hurst no longer in the picture after being traded in the offseason.

After practicing with his new teammates for the first time over the last two weeks in OTAs, Andrews knows that his job is going to be a lot easier going forward because the Ravens have more weapons in the passing game that will take a lot of attention away from him. "

Andrews, as well as LJ8, are IMO "must haves" ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    The Ravens really shy away from public negotiations and EDC keeps a very tight lid on those things. I've learned over the years not to talk to him about player contracts or about injuries.

My gut about Andrews is that he'll be a Raven long-term. They like everything about him and the fact that he's an active participant in a voluntary camp during a contract year says a lot about him and the way he views the organization. I don't think he shows up for the camp nor does he say the things he said yesterday (quote below) if there wasn't some progress being made.

“I think for me, how I approach every offseason is I just try to get better and better. I try not to worry about the things that are not in my control. I love Baltimore. I love being here. I love playing here. I want to be here for the rest of my life, man. This is home for me. So, that’s where I’m at. I’m just going to, as a player, be the best player that I can be for this team. I know as a team that we all have a certain goal. We all are moving in the same direction, and that’s really all that I’m worried about right now. You can’t worry about too much of the outside noise and what happens with that. I’m just going to let my play speak for itself. Obviously, I love Baltimore. I love being here, and I would love to be here for my whole life.”
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Mark Andrews is excited about the expansion of the passing attack and offensive upgrades :

https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/20...es-josh-oliver

" Andrews was a victim of his own success last year after breaking out with a Pro Bowl season in 2019. Since he established himself as one of the premier pass-catching tight ends in the league in his second year, opposing teams paid a lot more attention to him in his third, especially with Hayden Hurst no longer in the picture after being traded in the offseason.

After practicing with his new teammates for the first time over the last two weeks in OTAs, Andrews knows that his job is going to be a lot easier going forward because the Ravens have more weapons in the passing game that will take a lot of attention away from him. "

Andrews, as well as LJ8, are IMO "must haves" ... Bc
    I agree 100% BC. Andrews is in Kelce, Kittle, early Gronk territory as a TE. I know we all still have PTSD regarding the last time we spent big on a TE, but I don't anticipate lightening striking again in regards to a TE injury. He's going to get paid a top 5 deal.

If teams are forced to leave Mandrews 1 on 1 this year, he is going to put up ridiculous numbers.