Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Does the NFL's Legacy Content Hold any Value?

I'm in my mid 20's.

I always thought it would be cool if in the offseason the NFL would pick a season and show the best game of that season each Sunday and show a game a week through the superbowl. I so badly miss football right now, and there are so many all time greats I never got to watch that are just myths to me. If the NFL picked a fun season and decided to show a game a week from it through the superbowl, I'd tune in! It would be cool to see these iconic moments play out and have iconic players on my screen. I never got to watch Elway or Sanders or Jim Brown. It would even be fun to see just how much the game has changed.

But I know the NFL is a machine, and it's often about what's new. I'm sort of wondering if anyone else is like me? I know a lot of people on this board are much older than me, would you be bored seeing that "old news"? Or would it be fun to walk down memory lane? How interested would you guys be in engaging in the legacy content? Would you guys watch in the offseason? Is there value there?

Also, does anyone know how to get legacy content for the NFL? Where to start? Good seasons I should look for?
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Re: Does the NFL's Legacy Content Hold any Value?

NFL Network used to show classic games all the time. Not sure if they do anymore. NFL Gamepass only has games since 2012. You can search through Youtube for older games (unassuming they haven't been taken down yet).

There really isn't any way to easily watch classic games from pre-2012.

You have a good idea. And the NFL could monetize it, but there probably isn't much of a demand for it.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Great idea. I'd watch for sure. There are so many great games through the seasons that are forgotten because either it wasn't great teams or it didn't have playoff implications or wasn't a playoff game. Would love to see some of those kind of games. Great games like the Ravens- Vikings snow game for example get forgotten outside out the respective fan bases and it would be cool to see games like that replayed. There are others that fit this that I have forgotten 😃

NFLN shows games all the time

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Damn I don’t get NFLN on Hulu. Does anyone know if it’s on YouTube TV?

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I believe that it is on youtube tv

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    There’s also classic games posted on YouTube, but I’m not sure if that includes the most recent seasons.

Watch Barry Sanders in 1997, then watch Terrell Davis’ 1998 season with the Broncos, for a pair of 2000 yard rushers. I started watching football in the early 90s so I was still a kid when I saw those two. Never forgot ‘em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, NFLN is on You Tube TV.

Blog Entries

Yes I also love those Football Life and 30 for 30 shows. Very insightful

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

HULU finally will be getting NFLN later this summer. It's the one channel I miss since cutting the cord and going with HULU...although if they continue to raise their prices, they are starting to get close to the price of the cable companies but that's another conversation lol.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

NFL Network did a great job with interviews from many of the players talking about the game that they were showing. One of my favorites was the Ghost to the Post Raiders @ Colts playoff game. It went to OT and the they had amazing interviews with Bert Jones and Dave Casper and Fred Beletnikoff and I think Bruce Laird taking you through everything as you are watching it happen. That was a fantastic series.

The other game that I have rewatched many times was the Oilers @ Bills from 1992 in the WC round. It was the biggest comeback of all time for years and was led by current head coach Frank Reich! Warren Moon played incredible and was up 28-3 into the 3rd quarter and still lost his best chance to make a Super Bowl. If you ever get a chance definitely watch this game