Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Gus the Bus Extended

I wouldn't see him getting a lot more than this even on the open market. I think he fits what the Ravens do great, but I don't know if I believe there are a bunch of teams out there that would be looking to pay Gus Edwards a lot more than this.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Love it.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Good deal and a good look for the Ravens putting some paper on Gus's production when they really didnt have to.

Quote Originally Posted by AQKingRaven View Post
    Good deal and a good look for the Ravens putting some paper on Gus's production when they really didnt have to.
    Very good point. You have to show your young players that you will be rewarded. Especially an UDFA who got no bonus money. We did it for Ricard a few years ago as well.
    Last edited by Jesse Stovall; 06-07-2021 at 01:20 PM.

Blog Entries

I love this! Gus is exactly the kind of guy we want on the team. He's a perfect fit

Congratulations to Gus for working hard and seizing an opportunity.

I could have seen Gus going to Atlanta and beating out Mike Davis and establishing a Titans-Like culture/play style for the new coach in Atlanta.

Similarly, Chris Carson is a good fit for what Pete Carroll likes to do, but Carson has spent some of his time injured/hurt, watching from the bench.

Finally, the Cards traded for Kenyan Drake only to let him go. Chase Edmonds is undersized. James Conner seems like a part-time player. Prior to Conner's singing, Gus would have made some sense there as a bruiser who forces defenses to defend a kind of heavy-spread.

That's all over now.

The Ravens have a good back. Good for Gus.

you love to see it.

So he won’t lose his role to mason? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable1 View Post
    Congratulations to Gus for working hard and seizing an opportunity.

I could have seen Gus going to Atlanta and beating out Mike Davis and establishing a Titans-Like culture/play style for the new coach in Atlanta.

Similarly, Chris Carson is a good fit for what Pete Carroll likes to do, but Carson has spent some of his time injured/hurt, watching from the bench.

Finally, the Cards traded for Kenyan Drake only to let him go. Chase Edmonds is undersized. James Conner seems like a part-time player. Prior to Conner's singing, Gus would have made some sense there as a bruiser who forces defenses to defend a kind of heavy-spread.

That's all over now.

The Ravens have a good back. Good for Gus.
    Agree. I don't buy the story that Gus is only a fit for the Ravens scheme, at all. That was what people said in 2018 to explain why a UDFA who didn't start until Lamar did could suddenly look so good but there are good late round and UDFA RBs every season.

Maybe it was true then, but over the last 2 seasons Gus has taken carries, against loaded boxes, from all sorts of alignments and shown he can run with decisiveness and power. Just because a player's good for the Ravens doesn't mean they wouldn't be good anywhere else. There are loads of teams where he'd be a good fit.

Quote Originally Posted by AQKingRaven View Post
    It is a good deal - really a win-win, IMHO.

Gus would have been a restricted free agent. He'll make more on this deal than he would have under the RFA tender. Also, it's a short deal, so he could still hit the free agent market for one more potential big payday before he's on the wrong side of 30. Meanwhile, the Ravens lock up a quality player at a good price.
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but NOT to their own facts" - Daniel P. Moynihan

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Gus the Bus Extended

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Stovall View Post
    Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet
    ·
    8m
    The #Ravens and RFA RB Gus Edwards have reached a 2-year extension worth $10M, per agent
    @DrewJRosenhaus
    Well worth it! Thank you EDC... Bc

Congrats to Gus the Bus! Well deserved! Happy to have him stay on, EDC taking care of his own