Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Joe Manchin and the "For The People" Act

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Funny you say that. https://theweek.com/joe-manchin/1001...serve-jim-crow

They are predictable if nothing else.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    If Montel Williams had a refrigerator line, it would sound like "Mondaire".

Blog Entries

Kudos to Joe Manchin for standing firm on what he said he would. He is one of the very last true moderate Democrats who loves his country and is showing it. I honestly did not think he had it in him. He usually shied away from being the deciding vote and would only vote against the Dems after a vote was already decided, so to speak. I still remember him jumping up out of his seat and applauding at one of Trump's State of the Union address, only to quickly sit back down, remembering he was a Democrat. The Democrats need to tread lightly with Joe Manchin cause he could always flip to the Republican side if he just gets too much pressure from them.

3. Re: Joe Manchin and the "For The People" Act

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Kudos to Joe Manchin for standing firm on what he said he would. He is one of the very last true moderate Democrats who loves his country and is showing it. I honestly did not think he had it in him. He usually shied away from being the deciding vote and would only vote against the Dems after a vote was already decided, so to speak. I still remember him jumping up out of his seat and applauding at one of Trump's State of the Union address, only to quickly sit back down, remembering he was a Democrat. The Democrats need to tread lightly with Joe Manchin cause he could always flip to the Republican side if he just gets too much pressure from them.
    I agree. A quick look at his voting record shows he agreed w/Trump more often than some would think. He could easily be a Republican, if even a moderate one. I respect any politician who votes independently and w/their constituents in mind. I think there are very few left.

https://www.manchin.senate.gov/about...ip/legislation
    Last edited by blueridgemtnman; 06-08-2021 at 06:46 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    I agree. A quick look at his voting record shows he agreed w/Trump more often than some would think. He could easily be a Republican, if even a moderate one. I respect any politician who votes independently and w/their constituents in mind. I think there are very few left.

https://www.manchin.senate.gov/about...ip/legislation
    He should switch parties. That would be amazing

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

The filibuster rules do need to be changed such that they are actually required to debate through it. It used to be you had to stay at the mike speaking or a call to cloture and a vote can be made or 60 votes ended debate. Now they just go by the 60 votes without the requirement that debate continue forcing a speaker to hold things up. It took more effort.

He's just waiting around until the Democrats pony up some money for his state. Maybe a few more gov't offices.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    He should switch parties. That would be amazing
    Manchin votes with the Democrats most of the time, but not all of the time. He is like the Democratic version of John McCain in that regard. He isn’t going to switch parties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Manchin votes with the Democrats most of the time, but not all of the time. He is like the Democratic version of John McCain in that regard. He isn’t going to switch parties.

I know, I should have added a big grin emoji

9. Re: Joe Manchin and the "For The People" Act

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    He's just waiting around until the Democrats pony up some money for his state. Maybe a few more gov't offices.
    Well......Biden thought he had that taken care of, in a DC sort of way. Guess it's not enough. She's making nearly what a Congressperson makes. Pretty cushy gig. Say it ain't so, Joe.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sen...e-federal-post

10. Re: Joe Manchin and the "For The People" Act

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    The filibuster rules do need to be changed such that they are actually required to debate through it. It used to be you had to stay at the mike speaking or a call to cloture and a vote can be made or 60 votes ended debate. Now they just go by the 60 votes without the requirement that debate continue forcing a speaker to hold things up. It took more effort.
    Yeah. I kinda miss Ted Cruz reading Green Eggs and Ham to his kids. The good ol' daze.
    Last edited by blueridgemtnman; 06-09-2021 at 12:37 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post

How's your boy Biden working out for you Mr. Moderate? Or, your hero Dr. Fauci? We did learn that neither Biden or his dirt bag son like "chocolate" ice cream.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    How's your boy Biden working out for you Mr. Moderate? Or, your hero Dr. Fauci? We did learn that neither Biden or his dirt bag son like "chocolate" ice cream.
    Oh yeah! He was all about Fauci.