Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Re: Joe Manchin and the "For The People" Act

Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    Without covering blah's response you also have drop box available in front of the election station which allows quick voting and with 17 days of early voting that should alleviate long lines.

Georgia has 17 days of early voting. Delaware has 0. Georgia has a drop box in front of each election precinct. Delaware 0. Joe Biden has a lot of nerve even insinuating that Ga passed Jim Crow on steroids law.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...-in-each-state
    Why must ballot boxes be located inside of polling places as is required in some states laws being proposed. Especially when those polling places are only open during business hours? We have mail boxes that contain sensitive contents, financial instruments and who knows what else. They dont need to be under guard.

Why cant people/volunteers hand out food and water if they are not electioneering? Especially when it is happening in locations where people can spend hours waiting in line to vote.

Why do certain districts have two or three or more times as many potential voters per machine as other districts?

Why change hours on Sundays? Could it have something to do with the "Souls to Polls" project?

Many of these proposed changes in some of these election bills are ridiculous.

I have often wondered about people who do signature matching. Are they graphologists or forensic handwriting experts? What qualifies them to discount a signature?

Why should I be purged from voter rolls because i choose not to participate in 2 election cycles? I am a citizen. I registered legally in the state/district in which I live. Where does it say in the constitution that I should be prevented from voting after legally registering (in states that do not allow for same day registration). Its my understanding that since I meet the constitutional criteria to vote I have a right to vote should i choose.

IMO we should be working to include as many legitimate voters in the process as possible. Anything we can do to be inclusive is a good thing. Elections should be a referendum on ideas and policies not a race to see who can exclude who.

Re: Joe Manchin and the "For The People" Act

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    Why must ballot boxes be located inside of polling places as is required in some states laws being proposed. Especially when those polling places are only open during business hours? We have mail boxes that contain sensitive contents, financial instruments and who knows what else. They dont need to be under guard.

Why cant people/volunteers hand out food and water if they are not electioneering? Especially when it is happening in locations where people can spend hours waiting in line to vote.

Why do certain districts have two or three or more times as many potential voters per machine as other districts?

Why change hours on Sundays? Could it have something to do with the "Souls to Polls" project?

I have often wondered about people who do signature matching. Are they graphologists or forensic handwriting experts? What qualifies them to discount a signature?

Why should I be purged from voter rolls because i choose not to participate in 2 election cycles? I am a citizen. I registered legally in the state/district in which I live. Where does it say in the constitution that I should be prevented from voting after legally registering (in states that do not allow for same day registration). Its my understanding that since I meet the constitutional criteria to vote I have a right to vote should i choose.

IMO we should be working to include as many legitimate voters in the process as possible. Anything we can do to be inclusive is a good thing. Elections should be a referendum on ideas and policies not a race to see who can exclude who.
    None of the things you are complaining about suppress the vote. I mean seriously. Its too damn hard to WALK INSIDE A BUILDING, to vote? Its too damn hard to get to a voting place open 8 hours a day FOR 17 DAYS???? People cant wait in a line without having SOMEONE BRINGING THEM
    WATER????

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    None of the things you are complaining about suppress the vote. I mean seriously. Its too damn hard to WALK INSIDE A BUILDING, to vote? Its too damn hard to get to a voting place open 8 hours a day FOR 17 DAYS???? People cant wait in a line without having SOMEONE BRINGING THEM
    WATER????
    Shut it Facist!

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Shut it Facist!
    Don't stop there. I'm sure you can throw a few more "ists" at him.

Here is pretty good summaration of the Ga voter law you know the Jim Crow on steroids one.

https://www.gpb.org/news/2021/03/27/...-law-sb-202-do

Tell me whats unreasonable about it and Biden should be denounced comparing this to Jim Crow but I'm sure I'll wait a long time for that.

Again 17 days to vote. If people decide to wait until the last day then why is it anybody else's fault? Sounds to me like lack of proper info being dished out by by whoever runs that said district. I mean they expanded the amount of days. Poll workers can also give out water and really we need electioneers to do this job? You'd have to show me these hours change but who really gives a crap. You have 17 freaking days. As for purging voters off of voting rolls after 2 election cycles you get confirmation notices (notice the s) idk just respond and you don't get taken off the roll.

Idk lets just have "volunteers" go harvest ballots, have mobile units and drop boxes all over the area with no supervision. Thing is they're making elections more secure with total chain of command and written down documentation. I mean hell you guys want no voter ID and mail in ballots mailed to every voter. THATS NOT SECURE especially when you're dealing with a lettercarriers union that openly endorsed one of the candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    I get that. What is the difference now, except they no longer have to stand there, waste everyone's time, listen to gibberish and have the same end result? I prefer real results. Start at the root cause of the problem, not just a symptom of it.
    Feel like it makes it easy to abuse in the current system. You can basically try to block everything if all you have to do is say you want to hold it up. They also can do it anonymously currently can't they? Get everyone on the record as to what they want to block so voters can decide how they feel about it.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

The constitution gives the states the power to run their own elections within the confines of its requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    The constitution gives the states the power to run their own elections within the confines of its requirements.

Then why was there so much beef & efforts from some to discredit some states doing just that?

Quote Originally Posted by TheGuyOnTheCouch View Post
    Then why was there so much beef & efforts from some to discredit some states doing just that?
    You mean the ones that committed fraud?

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk