Blog Entries

CALLING ALL FILM NERDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!Offseason - Lamar Scrambles from Huddle Up

Huddle It Up Films
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LwnjpLNUH0

He posted a great cut-up of Lamar's scrambles.
    Would be great for film discussion for those interested......

Also, check out and support this dude, it takes a lot of effort to do these cut-ups.
    Last edited by edromeo; 06-06-2021 at 02:41 AM.

Blog Entries

Re: CALLING ALL FILM NERDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!Offseason - Lamar Scrambles from Huddle Up

Looks like there's not much separation which is causing Lamar to scramble... is that more on scheme or the talent? That is the big question.

Blog Entries

Re: CALLING ALL FILM NERDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!Offseason - Lamar Scrambles from Huddle Up

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Looks like there's not much separation which is causing Lamar to scramble... is that more on scheme or the talent? That is the big question.
    On some plays its Lamar on other plays its the OL other plays it the receivers...other plays the defensive play call is better then the offensive play call....and most plays its usually a combination of all the factors.

So for me it depends on which play?

Form me that's the beauty of these cut-ups.
    Its a chance to look at the individual plays in detail and discuss what we see.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Calling all film nerds!!!--titans all-22

All-22 both angles every drop back!
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Re: Calling all film nerds!!!--titans all-22

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post

All-22 both angles every drop back!
    That was of course an awful throw/duck/wtf to Boykin that was picked off early, but how does Boykin get that far into his route without ever looking back...he should have been able to break that up if he turned around sooner. I know he was running a deep corner, but you don't see too many plays where WR's run 50 yards down the field before ever turning to back to the QB. Maybe that's route design, but the way that entire route with him and Hollywood being that close before Boykin broke out on the corner and Hollywood took the post just looks like it's not a great route concept too...Hollywood had a lot of separation where if Boykin wasn't there, Hollywood had his guy beat to that side of the field easily.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Re: Calling all film nerds!!!--titans all-22

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    That was of course an awful throw/duck/wtf to Boykin that was picked off early, but how does Boykin get that far into his route without ever looking back...he should have been able to break that up if he turned around sooner. I know he was running a deep corner, but you don't see too many plays where WR's run 50 yards down the field before ever turning to back to the QB.
    Yeah, for me Lamar's execution of rhythm dropback fundamentals let him down. Footwork let him down, took too many hitches and does 2 heel click when he hitches. The hitches throw his timing off (late) and the heel clicks effect his accuracy and power.
    I don't get focusing negative attention on the WRs on the that play.

https://forum.russellstreetreport.co...13#post2036713

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Maybe that's route design, but the way that entire route with him and Hollywood being that close before Boykin broke out on the corner and Hollywood took the post just looks like it's not a great route concept too...Hollywood had a lot of separation where if Boykin wasn't there, Hollywood had his guy beat to that side of the field easily.
    I don't think there's anything wrong with this play other then the execution. Route concepts and distribution seems fine to me. Both got open.
    Last edited by edromeo; 06-07-2021 at 10:38 AM.