Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: OT: new ads killing my desktop

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Ah. Interesting. I'm in ad tech, so slightly adjacent. Lol.
    I manage B2B digital marketing for a large health insurance/care provider.
    "That's what."
    — She

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I'm still here as are others. Obviously we're willing to work with you but your customers have spoken. When I my computer is frozen up every time I go to a new thread it's an issue. You (to TL24x7) are actually lucky to have a thread like this. Usually people just vanish from the site and you aren't sure what's going on. This is good feedback.
    GOTA, I agree, and we have our friend Baldy (who wasn't 'Wrong') to thank for this thread... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I manage B2B digital marketing for a large health insurance/care provider.
    so your exorbitant salary is the reason why my health premiums are so high????

#CancelShas

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post

#CancelShas
    If you lived in VA, it might be me because I’m a consulting actuary for a large health insurer there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Next thing you know it'll be the JO Gebco ads back from the tv purgatory.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post

#CancelShas
    Nope. Bc I work for Kaiser Permanente, a non profit. Your premiums are high bc most insurance is fee for service, which rewards docs for putting people in hospitals instead of keeping them out. And because of Big Pharm, the pimps who run the whores in Congress.
    "That's what."
    — She

Yes, I would definitely go out of my way to back up over her.

I have worked in advertising going back five decades, so I have opinions. Progressive is a bad mimic of Geico. Let's leave it at that.

Ever notice how all the insurance brand ads used to be sappy garbage, and then Geico came along and kicked their asses? Now I don't think there is a single insurance company that doesn't try to be Mr. Yuck Yuck. Flo. Jake from State Farm. Allstate's Mayhem guy. The General. Even Nationwide hired that great comedian Peyton Manning. I could go on but will spare you my inside baseball rant.
    I have absolutely noticed the burner turned all the way to maximum with insurance company adverts and that it was Geico that started it.

Shas, I couldn't even imagine being in advertising for five decades. It is the opposite of my soul. I can't even sell myself properly.

I have worked in advertising going back five decades, so I have opinions. Progressive is a bad mimic of Geico. Let's leave it at that.

Ever notice how all the insurance brand ads used to be sappy garbage, and then Geico came along and kicked their asses? Now I don't think there is a single insurance company that doesn't try to be Mr. Yuck Yuck. Flo. Jake from State Farm. Allstate's Mayhem guy. The General. Even Nationwide hired that great comedian Peyton Manning. I could go on but will spare you my inside baseball rant.
    I think the "turning into your parents" bit is the best thing going on the insurance ads now. They need to just dump Flo completely and stick to that.

Insurance ads are cheesy but I'll take it over the sappy stuff any day that we see enough of from pharmaceutical commercials.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post

Insurance ads are cheesy but I'll take it over the sappy stuff any day that we see enough of from pharmaceutical commercials.
    The Pharma ads always lose me at the ”....oily rectal discharge” side effects part.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

Holy crap. 5 decades??? I don't why I imagined you as a young dude lol
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Oops. Four decades. Did the math wrong. '87 to '21. (that's why I am in marketing strategy and hire guys like Ortizer to do the ad tech).
    "That's what."
    — She

Compared to the LiMu Emu, Flo is Meryl Streep.