Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: The 3rd TE competition.

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post

They've gotten to the playoffs doing this every year. And then they pass too much and lose.

The Ravens look to me like they replaced one smaller running back with a bigger, more versatile running back.

There is no reason why the Ravens would have fewer running backs after having

In case anyone is curious. What happened was the Ravens replaced one of their running backs (Ingram) with another running back / fullback / special teams / versatile blocker - Ben Mason.

There is no evidence whatsoever that the Ravens did anything but that. There is no evidence that the best running team in NFL history is going to leave themselves short a running back. Ben Mason is the 2nd string power runner.

The Ravens have too many WRs, unnecessary WRs that they spent too much on. But, they're presumably good, they're presumably an upgrade, but they didn't need that upgrade, really. The Ravens had the largest margin of victory in the NFL last year. They just need to figure out the way to win in the playoffs. And the answer is to put big blockers out there when they get into the red zone and have Lamar run. The best thing the Ravens have is Lamar Jackson running.

The Ravens are not cutting down on the number of RB/FBs. It was 5 last year and it will be 5 this year.

Making the thing that they're great at, which gets them to the playoffs every year, record setting, worse is not a good plan. It won't be the Ravens plan, it's not a plan that I like, but you seem to think it's a good plan, to make the Ravens a more generic and dull NFL team.
    1. Lamar threw 24 passes in both of the playoff games last year, which is one fewer attempt than what he averaged during the 2020 regular season
    2.What the hell is a second string power runner? No team in the league has this.
    3. They did need that upgrade at WR, because as we've seen, when the run game isn't effortlessly barreling people over and the defense can focus on Marquise and Mandrews because they know that Miles Boykin and Dez Bryant's Ghost isn't gonna make them pay for it.
    4. Explain to me how not having two fullbacks and getting rid of Mark Ingram, whose production in 2020 could easily be replaced by Justice Hill or anyone really, makes this offense worse. The offense isn't that run-heavy to where they need to double up on FB when some teams don't even have one and between Lamar, Dobbins, and Edwards, it doesn't really matter who the third RB is.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: The 3rd TE competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    1. Lamar threw 24 passes in both of the playoff games last year, which is one fewer attempt than what he averaged during the 2020 regular season
    2.What the hell is a second string power runner? No team in the league has this.
    3. They did need that upgrade at WR, because as we've seen, when the run game isn't effortlessly barreling people over and the defense can focus on Marquise and Mandrews because they know that Miles Boykin and Dez Bryant's Ghost isn't gonna make them pay for it.
    4. Explain to me how not having two fullbacks and getting rid of Mark Ingram, whose production in 2020 could easily be replaced by Justice Hill or anyone really, makes this offense worse. The offense isn't that run-heavy to where they need to double up on FB when some teams don't even have one and between Lamar, Dobbins, and Edwards, it doesn't really matter who the third RB is.
    I agree with all your points... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    I believe the Ravens carry both Mason and Ricard.
    I think the idea of carrying 2 FBs on the roster is only considered IF there are concerns with Ricard’s recovery. Barring that I don’t see why the Ravens would carry Ricard and Mason.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    I think the idea of carrying 2 FBs on the roster is only considered IF there are concerns with Ricard’s recovery. Barring that I don’t see why the Ravens would carry Ricard and Mason.
    The Ravens were CLEARLY STUPID drafting Mason knowing that Ricard was on the team! I'm sure EDC made it known to the coaches that he likes to WASTE 5th round draft pics on guys who won't make the team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    The Ravens were CLEARLY STUPID drafting Mason knowing that Ricard was on the team! I'm sure EDC made it known to the coaches that he likes to WASTE 5th round draft pics on guys who won't make the team.
    IMO it was not STUPID. It was our last draft pick, the 40th in the 5th round (the 184th overall pick). EDC and Co. looks their board, at who is a good choice regardless of position. Many times these are shots-in-the-dark, hoping for the best... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    IMO it was not STUPID. It was our last draft pick, the 40th in the 5th round (the 184th overall pick). EDC and Co. looks their board, at who is a good choice regardless of position. Many times these are shots-in-the-dark, hoping for the best... Bc
    Plus injuries can change the picture in a hurry. I’m sure the Ravens remember what if felt like to lose Nick Boyle’s blocking from the TE position, and I think Mason was insurance for this too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasted pick. Def a red star harbaugh special lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    Plus injuries can change the picture in a hurry. I’m sure the Ravens remember what if felt like to lose Nick Boyle’s blocking from the TE position, and I think Mason was insurance for this too.
    QDR, that is a valid point ... Bc

I think Mason provides a clear potential upgrade in the offense in that he looks like he could be a decent pass receiving threat (which is a step up from Ricard).

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    I think Mason provides a clear potential upgrade in the offense in that he looks like he could be a decent pass receiving threat (which is a step up from Ricard).
    Didn't he have 3 receptions in his entire college career? Ricard had 4 in the play-offs alone.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I am being facetious - but clearly I did not do it well enough.

Ricard and Mason are BOTH going to be on the 53 - the Ravens DO NOT waste 5th rd draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Didn't he have 3 receptions in his entire college career? Ricard had 4 in the play-offs alone.
    yea im not following either