Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: The 3rd TE competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    I get what you saying BC and you are making some valid points but honestly just because Mason only caught 3 passes in the past four years in college doesn't neccearily means he doesn't have abilites as a receiver. Hayden Hurst wasn't just effect because of his receiving ability but alos because his abilite to block along with versatilty to play in thet H back role. That something Mason probably has experience with doing more than any of the tight ends that are competing in training camp role especxially when it comes to playing in the h back and blocking role as a tight end.
    Hi Jazz, the only info we can go by is the draftee's college performance. Hurst in 3 years @ South Carolina (31 games) caught 100 passes (1,281 yards - 12.8 YPC) and 3 TDs. That gives a team an inkling into what potential or possibly can be developed. Hurst has already proved that in 3 NFL seasons, including his 56 catch (571 yards - 10.2 YPC) and 6 TDs with the Falcons in 2020. Again, I'm not advocating cutting Mason, but IMO he's got a long way to go to catch-up (pun intended) with Hurst. Anyway, we already have a proven, solid, versatile FB/TE/H-back/DT in Ricard, I am looking for a pass-catching TE to complement Andrews... Bc

Oliver will be the third TE.

Mason has upside with his quickness and is an intriguing FB-H Back prospect.

It is going to be interesting to see if they devote Ricard more to the D.

Wolf's athleticism is intriguing, but I don't see how he avoids PS.

The Ravens will have tough decisions, also if Boyle is not quite what he used to be.

Fingers crossed.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Based on past performance and how the Ravens' used Hurst, TE3 is Oliver's to lose. He has the speed to be a serious down the seam threat. He needs to show he can block somewhat. And stay healthy.

My guess is that most of the league wonders why the Ravens picked Mason. Then they see he went to Michigan and then go on to more important matters. Of course Ravens fans are way hopeful. He's not really in this competition for TE3 as that is a new position for him.

Wolf and possibly Breeland if he ever gets healthy in the summer, stand to gain if Oliver slips. Or Andrews gets hurt.

Tomlinson is basically a Boyle backup and if Boyle is healthy then Tomlinson is cut. He's not a receiving threat so his route to making the team depends on Boyle.

Poljan..what can I say? He's a camp body and nothing else. His is the longest of shots.

If he can block Oilver. He can be a match up nightmare as a 3rd TE.

Has Breeland been at any of these sessions? It’s been about 20 months since his knee injury, so it seems like he would have recovered if that going to happen. The film I saw, admittedly just highlights, made him look like more like an Andrew’s than a Boyle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Blog Entries

Agree Tomlinson is a better blocker but not by a little. He’s a great blocker, if they need him for that role

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

7. Re: The 3rd TE competition.

Regarding Mason.

The Ravens lost a RB this offseason, Ingram.

Who did the Ravens replace Ingram with? Mason.

I would think that Mason would be replacing Ingram on the Ravens roster.

Important to note that Mason is a very good short yardage rusher. 9 rushing TDs. In this game against Nebraska he had 3 rushing TDs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    Regarding Mason.

The Ravens lost a RB this offseason, Ingram.

Who did the Ravens replace Ingram with? Mason.

I would think that Mason would be replacing Ingram on the Ravens roster.

Important to note that Mason is a very good short yardage rusher. 9 rushing TDs. In this game against Nebraska he had 3 rushing TDs.

Replacing in terms of roster spot?
    If Mason makes the team he's a "FB" in "RB" room not a regular RB. I think RB room will be Dobbins, Edwards, Hill + Ricard
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by L. G. Dupre View Post
    Has Breeland been at any of these sessions? It’s been about 20 months since his knee injury, so it seems like he would have recovered if that going to happen. The film I saw, admittedly just highlights, made him look like more like an Andrew’s than a Boyle.
    I haven't read/heard anything from the OTAs coverage about Breeland...so i guess he's either not available or not making enough of an impact to warrant mentioning?

Yeah, Breeland was much more of TE as receiver then TE as blocker.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

10. Re: The 3rd TE competition.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Replacing in terms of roster spot?
    If Mason makes the team he's a "FB" in "RB" room not a regular RB. I think RB room will be Dobbins, Edwards, Hill + Ricard
    Last year the room was Edwards, Dobbins, Hill, Ricard and Ingram
    This year the room will be Edwards, Dobbins, Hill, Ricard and Mason.

They got rid of Ingram and brought in Mason. I don't think this is particularly complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    Last year the room was Edwards, Dobbins, Hill, Ricard and Ingram
    This year the room will be Edwards, Dobbins, Hill, Ricard and Mason.

They got rid of Ingram and brought in Mason. I don't think this is particularly complicated.
    This makes sense

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

12. Re: The 3rd TE competition.

6'9 RT Villanueva was WR in college and has caught a TD in the NFL.

Push an extra Oliner in the middle somewhere and Villanueva becomes a TE.