Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
  1. The 3rd TE competition.

Everything I've read so far, Boyle should be a 100% by TC. That leaves a lot of talented TEs fighting for that 3rd spot. Based off today's LFW article, Roman speaks very highly of Oliver and it sounds like his position to lose.

However, it might not be that easy. Mason's versatility comes into play and reports say Eli Wolf has looked great during OTAs.

Who do got for that 3rd spot, Oliver, Tomlinson, Wolf, Breeland, Poljan or Mason?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Re: The 3rd TE competition.

Wolf
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Blog Entries

3rd TE - Oliver
    4th TE - Poljan

Blog Entries

On tight end acquisition Josh Oliver: “I’m really liking what I’m seeing out of Josh. Nothing would make me happier than to see him grab the brass ring. He’s going to have every opportunity to do it. He’s a talented young man. He’s very athletic, but he’s got some real strength to him as well. If you can’t block a defensive end or a linebacker, you’re a fake tight end. I think he’s got the chance to be a real tight end. If that could happen, it would really be a great addition for us.”

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

3-Oliver
    4-6 Wolf, Tomlinson, Poljan on PS (if Tomlinson eligible, if not - Breeland on PS)

Blog Entries

I'm looking for a pass-catching TE, like we had with Andrews and Hurst.
    My personal favorite is Poljan, who is a long-shot... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    On tight end acquisition Josh Oliver: “I’m really liking what I’m seeing out of Josh. Nothing would make me happier than to see him grab the brass ring. He’s going to have every opportunity to do it. He’s a talented young man. He’s very athletic, but he’s got some real strength to him as well. If you can’t block a defensive end or a linebacker, you’re a fake tight end. I think he’s got the chance to be a real tight end. If that could happen, it would really be a great addition for us.”
    Who was it that actually made that quote? Harbaugh? Roman? DeCosta? Kent Brockman?

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    Who was it that actually made that quote? Harbaugh? Roman? DeCosta? Kent Brockman?
    Roman
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

9. Re: The 3rd TE competition.

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    Everything I've read so far, Boyle should be a 100% by TC. That leaves a lot of talented TEs fighting for that 3rd spot. Based off today's LFW article, Roman speaks very highly of Oliver and it sounds like his position to lose.

However, it might not be that easy. Mason's versatility comes into play and reports say Eli Wolf has looked great during OTAs.

Who do got for that 3rd spot, Oliver, Tomlinson, Wolf, Breeland, Poljan or Mason?

Isn't Ben Mason playing a different position? I'd think that Ben Mason is going to be there.

I'd like to see more of Tony Poljan, because 6'7 265, ex college power running QB at Central Michigan.

A lot depends on how good all these guys turn out to be, but the Ravens need Big Red Zone Threat. In the Red Zone, Lamar needs more choices than throw to Andrews no matter how many dbs are covering him. It may very well be that Oliver is a better big play threat than Poljan, but the Ravens have a wide variety of players capable of moving the ball downfield. The Ravens have a shortage of tall players who the Ravens can throw to in the end zone.

10. Re: The 3rd TE competition.

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    Isn't Ben Mason playing a different position? I'd think that Ben Mason is going to be there.

I'd like to see more of Tony Poljan, because 6'7 265, ex college power running QB at Central Michigan.

A lot depends on how good all these guys turn out to be, but the Ravens need Big Red Zone Threat. In the Red Zone, Lamar needs more choices than throw to Andrews no matter how many dbs are covering him. It may very well be that Oliver is a better big play threat than Poljan, but the Ravens have a wide variety of players capable of moving the ball downfield. The Ravens have a shortage of tall players who the Ravens can throw to in the end zone.
    Mason is basically a 2nd Ricard but he's also capable of playing TE. If Mason makes the 53, he'll make it as the 2nd FB/3rd TE.

Blog Entries

Like many, I do like Ben Mason's versatility. However, IMO we need a pass-catching 2nd/3rd TE.

Here are Mason's stats in his four years @ Michigan :

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...n-mason-1.html

As you can see, he caught 3 passes in 4 years. We already have our Jack-of-All-Trades in Ricard. I'm not saying we should jettison Mason, but I do not like him as our 3rd TE... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Like many, I do like Ben Mason's versatility. However, IMO we need a pass-catching 2nd/3rd TE.

Here are Mason's stats in his four years @ Michigan :

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...n-mason-1.html

As you can see, he caught 3 passes in 4 years. We already have our Jack-of-All-Trades in Ricard. I'm not saying we should jettison Mason, but I do not like him as our 3rd TE... Bc

I get what you saying BC and you are making some valid points but honestly just because Mason only caught 3 passes in the past four years in college doesn't neccearily means he doesn't have abilites as a receiver. Hayden Hurst wasn't just effect because of his receiving ability but alos because his abilite to block along with versatilty to play in thet H back role. That something Mason probably has experience with doing more than any of the tight ends that are competing in training camp role especxially when it comes to playing in the h back and blocking role as a tight end.