Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Tee Martin seems impressive

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Hey RWT, IIRC, a few posts ago you offered some lukewarm comments about Tee from your TN days. What’s your take on him? I gotta go right to the source! Lol. Thanks!
    Hey Don, happy Friday. Did you notice the Falcons have a new DC - yup Dean Pees.

I think Tee is fine and could be a nice addition. He was getting some over the top hype after the hire and I was just questioning what he has actually accomplished in his career. Not lukewarm just realistic

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Red face Re: Tee Martin seems impressive

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Hey Don, happy Friday. Did you notice the Falcons have a new DC - yup Dean Pees.

I think Tee is fine and could be a nice addition. He was getting some over the top hype after the hire and I was just questioning what he has actually accomplished in his career. Not lukewarm just realistic
    Please forgive my warped mind in advance, but if that happened...

It would either be Dean Martin ...

or Tee Pees...

from the politically incorrect Bc.

Blog Entries

Tee Martin (although he doesn't look it now) was Championship winning QB.
    He chased his NFL dream in Europe before turning to coaching.
    He started off his career coaching.....QBs...was a college QB coach before switching to WRs.
    He's also coached QB at the Elite 11 camps.
    He's been an assistant HC, offensive coordinator and playcaller in college, responsible for grooming Sam Darnold into being a top NFL draft pick. (imho no small feat)

I'm excited by his ability to bring a QB perspective not only to the WR room but to the coaching staff as whole.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Not gonna lie, wasn't expecting Pees to come back from retirement, coach for two years, re-retire, then get another job.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Not gonna lie, wasn't expecting Pees to come back from retirement, coach for two years, re-retire, then get another job.
    All he does is “retire” like he “retired” in NE, Baltimore, TN.
    Wish the hell an AFC North team or Chiefs hired him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post

Thank’s RWT! Great feedback. Happy Friday back atcha.
    Pees has more lives than Jason or Freddie Kruger, and killed more 4th Q leads than they have B actor characters combined !!! Lol.

I'm just trying to figure out what makes him better than any other wide receiver coach? The techniques they're showing are concepts that they've been taught starting in junior high school aren't they..... kind of like taking Spanish lessons-- you know it's the same shit in high school college whatever.... Some kind of secret Pinky shake thing going on here? Or is this all so much smoke and mirrors really..... I don't care what coach Aiken had he sucked....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by HanktheRIPPER View Post
    Is his son really the rookie wr from Clemson Amari Rodgers?
    Yes, and Rodgers' former teammate, Tee Higgins, was named after Tee Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    I'm just trying to figure out what makes him better than any other wide receiver coach? The techniques they're showing are concepts that they've been taught starting in junior high school aren't they.....
    I'm sure the basics are the same but how much expertise did WR X's high school coach have? Then they aren't full time players in college.

Keith Williams is the receiving techniques coach. He was the WR equivalent of Jordan Palmer where actual pro receivers paid their own money for his coaching in the off season, so he must be teaching something more than a high school coach.

Tee Martin is more like Culley's replacement as Passing Game Co-Ordinator. Is he good? Well, he's got a good resume and he comes over well, but who knows?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    I'm just trying to figure out what makes him better than any other wide receiver coach? The techniques they're showing are concepts that they've been taught starting in junior high school aren't they..... kind of like taking Spanish lessons-- you know it's the same shit in high school college whatever.... Some kind of secret Pinky shake thing going on here? Or is this all so much smoke and mirrors really..... I don't care what coach Aiken had he sucked....

It makes a huge difference.

The NFL is the ultimate team game. It requires great coaching and management. There are many subtle and nuances techniques that get taught at a more intense level at the pro level.

It's no secret that teams like the Steelers have managed to coach mid round projects and turn them into pro bowlers. It's the same for us at other positions like corner back or olineman.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post

The NFL is the ultimate team game. It requires great coaching and management. There are many subtle and nuances techniques that get taught at a more intense level at the pro level.

It's no secret that teams like the Steelers have managed to coach mid round projects and turn them into pro bowlers. It's the same for us at other positions like corner back or olineman.
    Exactly. NFL players don't walk onto the field ready to become Pro Bowlers. Position coaches wouldn't exist if they did.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post

We are talking about WRs not other position coaches..

For offensive line men yes, for defense backs probably. For LB definitely....given physical skills. For RBs somewhat true.

For WRs you can't coach up a player who lacks the ability to contest against physical defensive backs and make difficult catches on the sideline.....or to take a beating over the middle....

You can't coach up an Aiken, or a Boykin to be another other than mediocre because WR is an extreme skill position .....WRs are typically good right away ( and improve) or just average or less and never get much better.....the odd case like Darren Waller is an attitude or other issue like drugs or lack of heart. That you can't coach...

I am sure T Martin will do a great job because he has better, much better prospects. But the only way to tell is real big game NFL play..

Last edited by NOLARavenFAN; 06-06-2021 at 10:21 AM.
    Way Down South in New Orleans