Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

USFL coming back

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...22/7521899002/

The United States Football League, which previously existed for three seasons in the mid-1980s, will be returning to action next spring, the league announced Thursday. It will feature a "minimum of eight teams," according to a news release, and is partly owned by Fox Sports, which also will serve as its official broadcast partner.

"The USFL is back! See you in 2022," former USFL quarterback Doug Flutie said in a promotional video posted on social media Thursday. "It's football. It is real football. It's pro football at the highest level. It's just being played in the spring."

looking forward to. can't have too much football

wonder if they could get Spurrier to coume out of retirement @ Tampa?
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Re: USFL coming back

Didn't Baltimore participate in the final USFL Championship game?

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    I believe so. And won. Stars were pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim Mora HC and Chuck Fusina QB as I recall

beat the Michigan Panthers with Bobby Hebert?
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    I believe so. And won. Stars were pretty good

There's a trivia question around that - something like what city has won football championships in the NFL, CFL, USFL, and arena league? Only Charm city

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I think I'm going to sell "short" ... Bc

Blog Entries

It's just a name. They could have bought the rights to the XFL when went to auction last year and marketed it as that if they wanted to. Does the USFL really have nostalgia value after all these decades? I doubt it. The most amazing thing is that they can still find investors for these alternatives leagues after all the failures.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It's just a name. They could have bought the rights to the XFL when went to auction last year and marketed it as that if they wanted to. Does the USFL really have nostalgia value after all these decades? I doubt it. The most amazing thing is that they can still find investors for these alternatives leagues after all the failures.
    G'man, I think the "F" in "USFL" stands for failed... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The xfl seemed like it had potential and then the pandemic happened.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    There's a trivia question around that - something like what city has won football championships in the NFL, CFL, USFL, and arena league? Only Charm city
    Yes Sir! Football Town USA!!

Burt Reynolds was part owner of the Bandits
    Loni was his girl at the time

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Yes, they won the 1985 final championship. Which makes for the very interesting trivia question of which city has won championships in the NFL, CFL and USFL?

The Stars were originally in Philly and moved to "Baltimore" except they could not play in Memorial so they played in Byrd Stadium. Jim Mora (Playoffs?) was the head coach.

Ironically, that team wanted to be named Stallions, but Birmingham snatched it up first. The CFL team in Baltimore wanted to be the Colts, but the NFL sued and Speros chose Stallions. The Birmingham CFL team was called the Barracudas.
    "That's what."
    — She