Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: OTA Thread

Blog Entries

Re: OTA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Lol, saying Miles doesn’t suck isn’t the same thing as saying Miles is “all that”.

Adding better talent and resources at WR is smart. Adding better talent to push Miles down the depth chart is smart. Miles was a late round 3rd round draft pick that won a starting job over 2 other WRs and pushed them off the team in doing so. He did about as well as could be expected for the 4th receiving target on the lowest volume passing offense in the NFL. He's an X WR in a passing game that threw the ball outside the numbers the least in the NFL, with a QB who's biggest weakness is throwing outside the numbers...and it didn't help the passing scheme itself is questionable and the other WR is literally the QB's best friend.
    Man, you should run for office. You sound like a politician. I know you have a Boykin blanket you curl up with at night to block the cold, but damn son. No GM in the world goes that hard for a wide receivers if you think he is acceptable at that position.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Yeah...

OOPs, I mean...

... Bc

What I think too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Man, you should run for office. You sound like a politician. I know you have a Boykin blanket you curl up with at night to block the cold, but damn son. No GM in the world goes that hard for a wide receivers if you think he is acceptable at that position.
    Every GM worth their salt is constantly trying to upgrade talent. That’s not much of an argument.

I guess I’m a politician because I try to have an adults football conversation about Boykin. It’s all good, we can agree to disagree. You say Boykin sucks, I say he doesn’t. I’ve at least supported my take with some actual facts you(guys) have what memes and snark?

Blog Entries

Every GM worth their salt is constantly trying to upgrade talent. That’s not much of an argument.

I guess I’m a politician because I try to have an adults football conversation about Boykin. It’s all good, we can agree to disagree. You say Boykin sucks, I say he doesn’t. I’ve at least supported my take with some actual facts you(guys) have what memes and snark?
    Meme's and snark rule when the General Manager of your team drafts 2 more wide receivers AND signs a middle road vet. I don't wanna hear shit we lost Snead. Proche and Duvernay are still on the team. No, production at X receiver is substandard. PERIOD.

Back to actual facts or GIFs???? I must be imagining how awesome Boykin looks in PRACTICE, but somehow this never translates to the field. People talked this dude up to be the next Michael Thomas.

Meme's and snark rule when the General Manager of your team drafts 2 more wide receivers AND signs a middle road vet. I don't wanna hear shit we lost Snead. Proche and Duvernay are still on the team. No, production at X receiver is substandard. PERIOD.

Back to actual facts or GIFs???? I must be imagining how awesome Boykin looks in PRACTICE, but somehow this never translates to the field. People talked this dude up to be the next Michael Thomas.

So the Ravens added 3 WRs......after losing 2 WRs, and this tells you that it's because they don't think Boykin is good? Meanwhile last season, when they had to deactivate a WR it was Proche. And if I'm not mistaken, Duvernay lost snaps as the year went on.

I do agree that 1 extra WR difference means someone's roster spot is on the line. But it's definitely not Boykin

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    So the Ravens added 3 WRs......after losing 2 WRs, and this tells you that it's because they don't think Boykin is good? Meanwhile last season, when they had to deactivate a WR it was Proche. And if I'm not mistaken, Duvernay lost snaps as the year went on.

I do agree that 1 extra WR difference means someone's roster spot is on the line. But it's definitely not Boykin
    Chris Moore? Dez Bryant? DeAndre White? Those are in addition to losing Snead. Nothing earthshaking there. I could see drafting a late round guy to replace what are late round guys. That isn’t what the Ravens did, they went WR 1st & 4th. Maybe BPA, but highly unlikely. They want far more production, they want a beast on the outside. Clearly we don’t have that, well, maybe in practice.

No wide receiver ever made it to the pro bowl for his blocking, but around here that is an actual argument.

My view of Mason is insurance against Ricard’s injury recovery. Mason can be stashed on PS w/o risk of being signed away to an active roster because of his position. Tough kid, that plays like a Raven. That’s how I view the pick.

I think we fans place more “value” on late round picks then teams do. The difference between a 5th round draft pick and an UDFA isn’t as big as we often think.

Heck, some late round grounds *want* to go undrafted to choose a team where they’ll have the best opportunity. Some UDFA get a bigger sign-on bonus the late round picks.

I don’t think Mason is guaranteed a spot merely because he was drafted.
    The difference between Rd 5 and UDFA is big enough to me - I expect Rd 5 picks to make the 53 man as a rookie and the vast majority of Ravens 5th rounders (and 6th rounders) do. Notable exceptions are Robert Myers and Jordan Lasley.

I would have been fine with Mason as a priority UDFA but Rd 5 is too high for my taste.

Chris Moore? Dez Bryant? DeAndre White? Those are in addition to losing Snead. Nothing earthshaking there. I could see drafting a late round guy to replace what are late round guys. That isn’t what the Ravens did, they went WR 1st & 4th. Maybe BPA, but highly unlikely. They want far more production, they want a beast on the outside. Clearly we don’t have that, well, maybe in practice.

No wide receiver ever made it to the pro bowl for his blocking, but around here that is an actual argument.
    To me it's simple. The Ravens wanted more in the passing game. No doubt about that. But that still doesn't mean Boykin is the one on the bubble. At the end of the day, they still kept playing him over Duvernay and Proche.

And you're right, WRs who specialize in blocking don't make probowls. OLBs that don't get sacks are loved either, but Ravens fans still mostly loved Jarrett Johnson and the organization drafted Oweh. Baltimore is a run first team. No way to they cut their best blocking WR, maybe ever, over a Proche. There are too many big runs by Lamar or Edwards that featured a key block from Boykin. It's not flashy but it's been helpful

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    To me it's simple. The Ravens wanted more in the passing game. No doubt about that. But that still doesn't mean Boykin is the one on the bubble. At the end of the day, they still kept playing him over Duvernay and Proche.

And you're right, WRs who specialize in blocking don't make probowls. OLBs that don't get sacks are loved either, but Ravens fans still mostly loved Jarrett Johnson and the organization drafted Oweh. Baltimore is a run first team. No way to they cut their best blocking WR, maybe ever, over a Proche. There are too many big runs by Lamar or Edwards that featured a key block from Boykin. It's not flashy but it's been helpful
    John Taylor. Do you know who he was? He blocked phenomenally and made plays in the passing game WHILE playing opposite of Jerry Rice. Too many on here give Boykin a pass for his blocking. Guess we will just add you to their club.

Additionally you give way too much credit for Lamar’s runs to Boykin. I watched him break ankles in the open field with sure tacklers coming at him, unblocked. What wide receiver blocked for Michael Vick? Remind me? Or Steve Young, or Steve McNair. Not a goddamn person in the world says, oh it was because of the great blocking of their wide receivers.

GTFO

Who? Memes and jokes are fine to a point but they do nothing for your argument, really. Nor does hyperbole.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Valhain View Post
    Who? Memes and jokes are fine to a point but they do nothing for your argument, really. Nor does hyperbole.

You read much? Or just gloss over shit to post and find some superiority complex in thinking anyone needs a fucking hall monitor around here? My last two posts were devoid of memes or gifs. Lighten up or put me on ignore and do the world a favor.

* I do not recall exactly believed the horseshit, but obviously many on here think that or they wouldn’t spend all their goddamn time worshiping him. *

** SAID HORSESHIT: https://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-...michael-thomas **
    Last edited by Captain Silver; 06-20-2021 at 06:31 AM.