Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: OTA Thread

Blog Entries

Re: OTA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Miles is a shitty receiver. Inside, outside, doesn't matter. The reason Lamar doesn't look at him is because he sucks.
    Imho it takes a lack of understanding of our passing offense to hold this opinion of Miles.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Imho it takes a lack of understanding of our passing offense to hold this opinion of Miles.
    Double dipping at WR in the draft and signing Watkins says otherwise. Clearly if Miles was all that, those 3 moves don’t happen.

Blog Entries

In other news, Harbaugh says LG is wide open….

https://www.nfl.com/news/john-harbau...-job-wide-open

Thoughts?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Double dipping at WR in the draft and signing Watkins says otherwise. Clearly if Miles was all that, those 3 moves don’t happen.
    Lol, saying Miles doesn’t suck isn’t the same thing as saying Miles is “all that”.

Adding better talent and resources at WR is smart. Adding better talent to push Miles down the depth chart is smart. Miles was a late round 3rd round draft pick that won a starting job over 2 other WRs and pushed them off the team in doing so. He did about as well as could be expected for the 4th receiving target on the lowest volume passing offense in the NFL. He's an X WR in a passing game that threw the ball outside the numbers the least in the NFL, with a QB who's biggest weakness is throwing outside the numbers...and it didn't help the passing scheme itself is questionable and the other WR is literally the QB's best friend.
    Last edited by edromeo; 06-19-2021 at 06:39 PM.

Blog Entries

Thoughts?
    Yeah...

OOPs, I mean...

... Bc

I know that after 2 seasons, the only thing that Miles has going for him is that he's good at blocking and that the Ravens saw fit to sign Sammy Watkins and draft two more receivers. If you wanna turn this into another Boykin thread, go ahead, but it looks like you've got a higher opinion of him than anyone else.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Thoughts?
    This is what he always says, not gonna get worked up on it.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    I know that after 2 seasons, the only thing that Miles has going for him is that he's good at blocking and that the Ravens saw fit to sign Sammy Watkins and draft two more receivers. If you wanna turn this into another Boykin thread, go ahead, but it looks like you've got a higher opinion of him than anyone else.
    Lol, you said Miles sucks. I said he didn't and I said to think he does suck shows a lack of understanding of our passing game. Your post above doesn't change that. If anything the team holds a higher opinion of Miles then you and the other Boykin haters or else he would have been cut.

And allow me to correct you. If you don't want to turn this into a Boykin then maybe you shouldn't post about him?
    Seems pretty simple to me.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

I think it depends how many receivers they keep. Miles is not just a good blocker he’s very good at it and they lost Snead. Blue collar role but it’s needed

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Thoughts?
    Seems like a wide open competition to me. I know Harbs isn't gonna hand anyone a job.
    Thus far in OTAs/Camp i've read that Cleveland, Powers, Bredeson and Phillips have all taken reps at LG.

Have you seen the gif of the giant sized Ben Cleveland sitting with his feet in the Harbor like its a kiddie pool?
    Saw it somewhere but didn't save it and can't find it
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I think it depends how many receivers they keep. Miles is not just a good blocker he’s very good at it and they lost Snead. Blue collar role but it’s needed
    I think people forget, don't know or don't care but Miles had the highest YPC of the WRs, lowest drops etc...etc...
    I think Boykin's is a lock. Even putting X, Z and slot roles aside and let's assume Hollywood, Bateman and Watkins are ahead of him on the WR depth chart. I like Wallace and Duvernay but I don't see them or Proche pushing Boykin any further down the depth chart then 4th.

Simply put, the closer you are to the ‘scoring’ zone the higher the chances that an offense will score....and vice versus for defense.
    I'm sure that's true, but these days the best offenses and defenses don't play as if field position is all that important to them. Good teams seem to play more boom or bust on both sides of the ball. It's all about turning possessions into TDs on offense and making plays to get the ball back on defense.

The Ravens offense is built to go on long drives from anywhere on the field and the defense takes risks to make stops. How much of the focus on special teams is a philosophical fit with that and how much is just old habits dying hard?