Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 383940

Thread: OTA Thread

Blog Entries

Re: OTA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ravskins View Post
    Pff totally undervaluing LJ's impact to the offense. Perfect example are twocOitt games last year. With LJ, 28 points and over 400 yds. 2nd game without LJ, 14/200.

Pff values Dobbins low because of LJ but doesn't increase LJ. He's a top 10 impact player.
    Look at who owns it. Right there undercuts any value to me...

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Watson has always had a lot of talent and he's been good but he only put it together to be great in 2020 - year 4 of his career. After the 2019 season nobody with eyes would have said Watson was better than Lamar.

Watson probably was a bit better than Lamar last season but 2019 Lamar was better than that and I think year 4 of Lamar will be too.

It's certainly not a runaway landslide victory for Watson the way you imply it is.
    Do I think it is a wide margin between them? No.

But stick to in the field only, and Watson last year did more with less. It was undeniable who the better QB was in 2020, and that is what currently matters most(assuming you disregard everything off the field).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Watson has always had a lot of talent and he's been good but he only put it together to be great in 2020 - year 4 of his career. After the 2019 season nobody with eyes would have said Watson was better than Lamar.

Watson probably was a bit better than Lamar last season but 2019 Lamar was better than that and I think year 4 of Lamar will be too.

It's certainly not a runaway landslide victory for Watson the way you imply it is.
    I think it's close between Watson and Lamar in 2020.
    Watson has an awesome year. If it wasn't for his alleged penchant for massage escapades his season would be praised much more. Dude had 5267 yards of total offense and 36 TDs.

But, when I think QB, i think a QBs complete contribution to the offense. I think a lot of sports media still think passer as opposed to QB.
    I think as a passer Watson is clearly more advanced then Lamar at this current stage. This is coming from one of Lamar's biggest fan's on this forum.
    When it comes the ability to throw with rhythm, timing and good fundamentals/mechanics Watson is much but then Lamar right now..BUT I think Lamar can get there.
    So when it comes executing a passing game within the structure of the offense, I think Watson was much better.
    BUT Lamar's contribution to the offense via making adlib plays and rushing yards still gives Lamar the overall edge as QB.
    Its hard to overstate how much Lamar legs and the threat of his legs have on the offense as a whole.
    Last edited by edromeo; 06-26-2021 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    I think it's close between Watson and Lamar in 2020.
    Watson has an awesome year. If it wasn't for his alleged penchant for massage escapades his season would be praised much more. Dude had 5267 yards of total offense and 36 TDs.

But, when I think QB, i think a QBs complete contribution to the offense. I think a lot of sports media still think passer as opposed to QB.
    I agree about the media. It seems to be disrespect the Ravens season as all these lists and rankings come out with the Ravens nowhere to be found. It should be good fuel for 21.

If Houston had been a winning team, I think Watson would have been a worthy MVP winner (lucky escape for the NFL there). Lamar was still great last season but I don't think he was quite at that level.

Blog Entries

These lists and rankings are for one purpose and obviously they work...

now PFF is running a 'which player was snubbed' list to get more clicks and comments...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    These lists and rankings are for one purpose and obviously they work...

now PFF is running a 'which player was snubbed' list to get more clicks and comments...
    It's a pretty flawless formula, lol.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    It's a pretty flawless formula, lol.
    "It's really pretty simple :

"I just hope someone can explain it to me."

... Bc