Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: OTA Thread

Blog Entries

Re: OTA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Listen (or in this case read), that is a fair assessment and I think you bring up a lot of good stats. On the other hand, there HAS to be something more to why Lamar doesn't throw to him,
    Thanks, and for me the answer to why Lamar didn't throw to him more is explained by the factors mentioned above in my previous post.

My beef is he gets way to much hype for what production he delivers. Justice Hill is as big a disappointment as he is, but there aren't thread dedicated to him or epic rants on his play which I find hard to fathom from what is essentially a great blocker?
    This the part I don't understand. What hype though? Honestly what hype are you referring to?
    In this thread a poster said that Miles hadn't been mentioned in the OTAs, he was wrong and people following the OTAs posted the times Miles was mentioned. That's not in anyway shape of form "too much hype".

And to be clear the Miles Boykin thread was an on going filmstudy thread like this one:
    https://forum.russellstreetreport.co...OK)&highlight=

It was a filmstudy thread from the start, long before you and the others began posting in it. Its weird to post in a filmstudy thread then get mad and try to shout it down.

And, btw I don't consider Hill a big disappointment at all.

Perhaps you are right, he overachieved to land the spot he got and may not deserve the hate you perceive he gets,
    You mean that hate you and others give, like in this thread?

but he also doesn't deserve all the digital ink he gets either. When I see that, I will call bullshit.
    I feel the same...just in reverse. Maybe you don't realize it but the digital ink Boykin gets is largely driven by people responding/ sometimes correcting you/other over the top negative posts about Boykin. I'm a football nerd and post about almost everything....even down to camp arm QB try out Jordan Ta'amu. No offense but it seem like you police the forum and meltdown when you see a positive post about Boykin.
    Last edited by edromeo; 06-22-2021 at 01:02 PM.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Thanks, and for me the answer to why Lamar didn't throw to him more is explained by the factors mentioned above in my previous post.

This the part I don't understand. What hype though? Honestly what hype are you referring to?
    In this thread a poster said that Miles hadn't been mentioned in the OTAs, he was wrong and people following the OTAs posted the times Miles was mentioned. That's not in anyway shape of form "too much hype".

And to be clear the Miles Boykin thread was an on going filmstudy thread like this one:
    https://forum.russellstreetreport.co...OK)&highlight=

It was a filmstudy thread from the start, long before you and the others began posting in it. Its weird to post in a filmstudy thread then get mad and try to shout it down.

And, btw I don't consider Hill a big disappointment at all.

You mean that hate you and others give, like in this thread?

I feel the same...just in reverse. Maybe you don't realize it but the digital ink Boykin gets is largely driven by people responding/ sometimes correcting you/other over the top negative posts about Boykin. I'm a football nerd and post about almost everything....even down to camp arm QB try out Jordan Ta'amu. No offense but it seem like you police the forum and meltdown when you see a positive post about Boykin.
    Your "factors" are opinions. There is no stat for Lamar doesn't trust Miles, or he is getting muscled by the DB, or he ran a lousy route.

Hype? I am not digging through the garbage finding where he is praised. It is out there.

Did I ask a mod to shut it down your Boykin filmstudy thread? No. I enjoy poking fun at a guy who hasn't broken 500 combined yards in two years getting all this analytics. Someone does that on Marquise Brown, it is warranted, interesting.

I do not hate Miles Boykin. I find his play underwhelming and your defense of him hysterical. Two things will happen, he will turn it on and I will eat crow or he will flame out and his fan club will bemoan he wasn't used properly.

Over the top? You get WAY to bunged up at me making fun. It is off season, this is a message board, we are ALLOWED to have opinions. Policing is you, when you don't like when someone is down on your hero. Football nerd or not, lighten up.

Blog Entries

Your "factors" are opinions. There is no stat for Lamar doesn't trust Miles, or he is getting muscled by the DB, or he ran a lousy route.

Hype? I am not digging through the garbage finding where he is praised. It is out there.

Did I ask a mod to shut it down your Boykin filmstudy thread? No. I enjoy poking fun at a guy who hasn't broken 500 combined yards in two years getting all this analytics. Someone does that on Marquise Brown, it is warranted, interesting.

I do not hate Miles Boykin. I find his play underwhelming and your defense of him hysterical. Two things will happen, he will turn it on and I will eat crow or he will flame out and his fan club will bemoan he wasn't used properly.

Over the top? You get WAY to bunged up at me making fun. It is off season, this is a message board, we are ALLOWED to have opinions. Policing is you, when you don't like when someone is down on your hero. Football nerd or not, lighten up.
    Lol, you lighten up my day a lot. Your bizarre view of the Boykin discussion and your complete lack of awareness of your role in it is one of the funniest things I see on here. No, seriously your ability to double down on your misrepresentations and repeatedly fabricate the nature of the Boykin discussion is, lol, impressive.

Blog Entries

Lol, you lighten up my day a lot. Your bizarre view of the Boykin discussion and your complete lack of awareness of your role in it is one of the funniest things I see on here. No, seriously your ability to double down on your misrepresentations and repeatedly fabricate the nature of the Boykin discussion is, lol, impressive.
    Lack of awareness? I make fun of myself about it! There is nothing to fabricate my man. Two picks and FA says more than any meme, rant, or gif.

Lmaooo Ed. At this point I think we deserve to know why you are so invested in Boykin. Most players with his production get forgotten about. Are you lowkey related to him? Did he respond to you on social media? Have you met him before? There’s something deeper than just being a fan of his. This has been going on way too long. He’s not a terrible player so we can all agree on that, but he’s not good enough to be talked about/defended this much. Literally Captain can’t even make a joke about him without you jumping down his throat. I just don’t get it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Lmaooo Ed. At this point I think we deserve to know why you are so invested in Boykin. Most players with his production get forgotten about. Are you lowkey related to him? Did he respond to you on social media? Have you met him before? There’s something deeper than just being a fan of his. This has been going on way too long. He’s not a terrible player so we can all agree on that, but he’s not good enough to be talked about/defended this much. Literally Captain can’t even make a joke about him without you jumping down his throat. I just don’t get it.
    Lol, yes classic. I know its too much to ask you to actually keep up or care about what is actually gonna on in the thread.
    This was the OTA thread, i've posted a bunch about several Ravens players from OTAs. But, you guys are gonna do you're Boykin de-rail thing I guess?

YOU guys are posting exclusively in response to some positive comments about Boykin (that were requested!).
    And we know positive comments about Boykin don't sit well with Cap'n meme or his narrative and naturally he melted down over the positive comments (rah! rah! Boykins sucks GTFO) and now youse guys are gonna turn around and pretend other people are obsessed!
    Did Boykin do something to you or your family? (just keeping the same tone you started ;)

Lol, you guys are funny, only RSR.
    Last edited by edromeo; 06-22-2021 at 03:41 PM.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

The reality is that we have three first round WRs, all young, two in their prime, all looking good for 2021. Duvernay, Wallace, even Proche have their virtues arguing for their retention. Barring injury(ies), Boykin would not make the 53.

I would not say that Boykin "flamed out". He has his strengths and has looked good at times, but not enough. Maybe he would have blossomed, like Waller, with more play, but life is not fair and WRs in the nfl do not get long chances, especially those drafted below round 1, maybe 2.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Miles Boykin, a decent and professional NFL wide receiver that is the 4th option on the NFL team with the lowest passing volume. It's really that simple. He has managed to do more than Chris Moore could and I don't remember this level of discussion on that guy. I think Miles makes some plays when the ball comes his way. It's just that it comes so infrequently, that when he does mess up, it gets overly scrutinized. If Proche or one of the other guys outplays him in preseason, so be it. I doubt it will happen though.
    This is a very good assessment imo.

Lol, yes classic. I know its too much to ask you to actually keep up or care about what is actually gonna on in the thread.
    This was the OTA thread, i've posted a bunch about several Ravens players from OTAs. But, you guys are gonna do you're Boykin de-rail thing I guess?

YOU guys are posting exclusively in response to some positive comments about Boykin (that were requested!).
    And we know positive comments about Boykin don't sit well with Cap'n meme or his narrative and naturally he melted down over the positive comments (rah! rah! Boykins sucks GTFO) and now youse guys are gonna turn around and pretend other people are obsessed!
    Did Boykin do something to you or your family? (just keeping the same tone you started ;)

Lol, you guys are funny, only RSR.
    I think, at the end of the day, it’s not that serious. Dudes are just making jokes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    Duvernay, Wallace, even Proche have their virtues arguing for their retention. Barring injury(ies), Boykin would not make the 53.
    To each their own. Its hard to imagine how Duvernay and especially Proche would be leap ahead of Boykin on the WR depth chart considering that Boykin played actual WR snaps last year when Duvernay and Proche couldn't.........Heck, Proche couldn't even stay active toward the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    The reality is that we have three first round WRs, all young, two in their prime, all looking good for 2021.
    Exciting times! It's gonna be interesting to see how the depth chart shakes out and who will be the primary X, Z and slot WRs.

Seemed like Bateman is having a really good camp when he wasn't banged up.
    Hollywood has been good, Watkins was having a good camp and everyone's favorite Boykin too.....
    Couldn't tell where they were playing the X, Z or the slot from OTA reports...
    Last edited by edromeo; 06-22-2021 at 04:17 PM.

Like Ed you complain that some posters derail the thread with Boykin, but in reality if Captain posts a Boykin meme and you just ignore it, we’d all laugh at it and then the thread would move on. But you take the bait. Every single time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Like Ed you complain that some posters derail the thread with Boykin, but in reality if Captain posts a Boykin meme and you just ignore it, we’d all laugh at it and then the thread would move on. But you take the bait. Every single time.